IGNORED

Official Chris baby congratulations thread

Congrats..

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Without confirming pix, I must assume that in fact puppies are being killed. You don't want to think puppies are being killed do you?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Congratulations!

And our condolences...

...As you won't be buying any new equipment until your new little one has graduated from college.

Cheers,

Bill

Mac Mini 2011, 60 gb SSD, 8gb ram; PureMusic & BitPerfect; Wavelength Audio Cosecant V3 DAC; Wireworld Silver Starlight usb interconnect; McIntosh C2200 preamp; pair of McIntosh MC252 SS amps run as monoblocks; vintage MC240 Tube amp and 50th Anniversary MC275 tube amps; Krell LAT-2\'s on Sound Anchors; JL Audio F112 subwoofer; Nirvana SX ltd interconnects and speaker cables and power cords; PS Audio P5

Having just experienced the same thing 12 days ago ... a baby daughter ... I empathise with what you are / will be going through.

Keep up the good work ... and remember they're never too young to listen to " good" music.

Source: 1.0TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro < FW800> Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

1.0TB WD MY PASSPORT Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

Players (Hardware): MacBook Pro 13 (2011, 10.8.3 8 gig), ATV2

Amp / DAC: Nuforce DDA-100

Speakers: ELAC 201

Software: iTunes & BitPerfect / Audirvana Free / Audirvana Plus / MPD 0.16.6

Connectivity: subject to random changes

When they are so small, so vulnerable, you can let time go slower - to taste each moment :-)

Not to discourage you, but one year ago, someone said "I don't sleep well recently". My brother replied "I haven't slept well for the last 4 years" !!! I am the proud uncle of my nephew and the pround "aunt" of my niece ;-)

When they say "Mononcle Alain" whith their thiny voices, I can't do anything else but smile :-)

It puts back the priorities at the right place :-)

Alain

Hi dave_kiwi - Congratulations to you!

Shirley's first concert was the Pearl Jam 20 anniversary concerts in Alpine Valley, WI (while still in the womb). The first album I played for her at home was Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. It was very special and wouldn't have mattered if I played the album from my iPhone speaker or my main system.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

So, who is the father?

But, seriously, folks, the last time I was at Alpine Valley was I think before Pearl Jam was conceived. (Did they play "Daughter"?) I think it was Bob Dylan/Grateful Dead in 1986.

I'm having a serious problem trying to envision Chris at Alpine Valley. Very incongruous.

I'll restrain myself from making a Miles Davis / Apgar score feeble attempt at humor.

Perfect photo of a perfect baby.

Now stop reading this and go change a diaper.

Hey Man!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! AND HAPPY PARENTHOOD!!! AND I SINCERELY WISH YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER (and wifie) ALL THE BEST FOR THE FUTURE!!! RIGHT ON!!! VERY COOL!!!

(As a parent of two daughters, I can safely say you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into, but rest assured that it is a wonderful journey.)

Brian.

Peachtree Audio DAC-iT, Dynaco Stereo 70 Amp w/ Curcio triode cascode conversion, MCM Systems .7 Monitors

As the proud-as-punch dad of a 3 and 3/4 month old (who I'm pretty sure was born yesterday! Has it been that long? Don't blink or you'll miss it!) I can assure you that it won't be anywhere near as bad as most people tell you it will be. Except for the bits that are much worse. Anyway, it more or less evens out in the end. Just remember that you are all in it together and in about three months or so your life will be back to normal, it will just be a new kind of normal!

She is beautiful and you are the luckiest man alive (apart from me, of course).

Good luck!

RS

PS Great name!

Standard Mac mini 2010/iTunes (ALAC)/Pure Music & Pro-Ject RPM9.1/Ortofon Rondo Blue/Project PhonoBox SE -> Bel Canto DAC2.5 -> Acurus A200 -> Aphion Argon2 Anniversary/Impact500 & Sennheiser HD650 -> Comfy couch.

The only "double blind testing" you are likely to do for a while is feeling around in the dark with half-closed eyes for diapers and milk bottles. :-)

P.S. And a repeat in writing of the verbal congratulations I was happily able to give you in person this past weekend.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

So sweet! Sincerest congrats to you and your wife.

Hmmmmm......Baby's first DAC.....who makes pink cables?

Mark B - 70's Audiophile Dinosaur - Mac Mini 2.3 i5 Lion - Dual RAID-1 LaCie 2big Quadra 2TB - - Burson DA160 - Audioquest Forest USB - Stock Burson interconnects - Jolida JD202BRC - 12 gauge zip with banana plugs - Mordaunt-Short Carnival 2s'

I assume the Connaker household has some good headphones for late night (or middle of the night) listening. Anyway, congrats to Mom (especially), Dad and Shirley. Welcome to CA, girl!