I noticed a rave review of this and took a chance.

European Tour - Nordic Brass Ensemble

2L128_box.jpg

2l is known for there hi-res recordings and one's choices here are numerous.

Also available in a SACD and Blu-ray set. Sounds good here...

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

I noticed a rave review of this and took a chance.

European Tour - Nordic Brass Ensemble

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32859[/ATTACH]

2l is known for there hi-res recordings and one's choices here are numerous.

Also available in a SACD and Blu-ray set. Sounds good here...

I like this one a lot, too. It deserves the accolades. I've only heard it streaming on Tidal, but the SQ there was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Vivancos.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I was excited by the news of this as I'm fond of both artists but the samples I heard just didn't work on first listen. "The Old Shade Tree" stopped me in my tracks.

May have been the moment and I'll revisit with fresh ears. Thanks for reminding me as I had put this out of mind.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

As always, look forward to your review if it moves you. I streamed it lossy and really liked it. A bit pricey at HD Tracks to purchase now. The song Noise Machine is a favorite from my listen.

Have only had time to listen to half of the album so far. Interesting, but not 100% convinced yet. Will need some more spins.

Here's my music for a sunny Sunday morning.

0002894787582_600.jpg

In 24/96 from Qobuz.

See also here: https://musicophilesblog.com/2015/08/08/some-reflections-on-the-2015-gramophone-award-nominees-part-i/

Dances (Bach, Chopin, Scriabin, Granados, Liszt) | Compositeurs Divers par Benjamin GrosvenorÂ*– Download and listen to the album

The Trinity Session Cowboy Junkies

0000293065.jpg

What they captured there was memorable and magical. Thanks for the memories...