Qobuz haz this at 24/192, but sadly it's not the entire set. Qobuz has the entire set, but only at CD res.

A 4 CD set in 24/192, or even DSD, would be a very large group of files, but I know I would certainly pay for them to have this music in the highest res possible.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 11.58.03 PM.png

No electron left behind.

37 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

One of my favorite albums ever. What are your thoughts on the box set?

JC

Well, I haven't listened to every version of Harvest out there, but this one sounded pretty good to me. The extra stuff is probably what makes the set worthwhile if a person wanted to buy it. Disc 2 is a live concert recording, and Disc 3 is outtakes. The DVDs are interesting, one is the same concert I think and the other is a movie about the album.

The music is on Qobuz if you wanted to give it a listen.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jud said:

This was true when he wrote the songs, and will be true 50 years from now. 🙂 About how many other people can we say this? Not many. Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Mahler, and their modern analogues don't come around very often.

Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, and likely others I am forgetting right now

No electron left behind.

On 6/3/2023 at 11:12 PM, TubeLover said:

For that matter, how often do you hear ANYTHING resembling quality music on the radio? 

JC

I only listen to Minnesota Public Radio... never commercial radio so I have no idea what others are hearing. 

No electron left behind.

On 6/3/2023 at 6:08 PM, Jud said:

I love 'em both, but how often do you hear them on radio now, let alone 60 years down the road, like the Beatles and Dylan? Seems like a topic for its own thread....

They should be played in my humble opinion, but you'll more likely hear a cover.

No electron left behind.