[ATTACH=CONFIG]10574[/ATTACH]

"No Other" by Gene Clark. Probably the most interesting thing about this album is that it helps to isolate Gene Clark's (often unappreciated) contribution to the Byrds. There are a couple of real gems here.

Pure genius! All about this record is over the top. Clark was the best Byrd IMO.

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Bruch: Violin Concerto - Gluzman

As inspired by this thread. And agree with the recommendation, a really good recording.

7318599918525_600.jpg

Followed by:

Haydn: String Quartets op. 33 - Cuarteto Casals

51lrpCtCmNL.jpg

A really good version of the op. 33 on Harmonia Mundi.

OT side comment: These days, with all the great stuff coming from Harmonia Mundi, BIS, Hyperion and other small labels, who still needs Universal and the other majors? I suppose, one day the majors will completely exit the classical music market, leaving it up to the dedicated smaller players. Probably wouldn't be a big loss.

dug this out last night ,forgot how good it was imo very underrated mott the hoople- mott the hoople

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

Antonio Pappano and the Santa Cecilia academy: Sacred Verdi, SACD. I first bought the CD and, as I much enjoyed this disc, especially the Libera Me, I bought the Japanese SACD when it came out. The SACD brings additional sonic enjoyment, in the form of a more natural, more relaxed sound which makes the four sacred pieces much more pleasant. As a result, I enjoy the Te Deum much more on the SACD than on the CD version. For the Libera Me, it is so good musically that I don't really care about the sound quality.

9845242.jpg

cover.jpg

The Bespoke Man's Narrative. Impressively self confident debut album by piano player Aaron Diehl, with Warren Wolf on vibraphone, David Wong on bass, and Rodney Green on drums. Good recorded sound from a CD rip.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

Have you seen this somewhere as FLAC download?

I have not. I still purchase my music in a physical format (CD), so I haven't really looked for this as a download. It was released by DIW, a Japanese label, and I've only seen it available as a Japanese import. It is really a superb CD. The musicianship and recorded sound quality are both excellent.

cover.jpg

New Album "Save All the Liars" by Swedish Indie Rock Band "Turn Off Your Television".

DR=13!

Fittingly, the last song is called "The Loudness Wars" - guess on what side of the line they fall.

Available on Bandcamp - name your price!

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Gary Numan - Splinter (Songs from a Broken Mind)

This is the album NIN should have created in 2013. Using synths and his other tools, Gary creates the trademark dark, heavy, industrial sound.

cover.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Mika Vainio - Konstellaatio

MikaVainio-_zpsd808bbb5.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC