Velvet Underground

Loaded

Velvet+Underground_Loaded.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Velvet Underground

Loaded

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7633[/ATTACH]

Good songs despite all the chaos in the conception and release. The Yule's record. My favourite VU record these last years has been the third (The VU).

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Good songs despite all the chaos in the conception and release. The Yule's record. My favourite VU record these last years has been the third (The VU).

This one is their straight-up rock and roll (airplay) album. VU is certainly more interesting, it would be hard to pick between the two. Listening to the fully-loaded digital version here and missing the sonics of the vinyl...certainly not bad, but somehow lacking.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill -- The title sounds like a Ted Nugent album, but it's actually acoustic guitar and layered ambient vocals. One of my favorites from the last decade or so.

I discovered Liz Harris (AKA Grouper) with this album and it is my favourite until now besides the Mirrorring's "Foreign body" album (the collaboration between Grouper and Tiny Vipers). Certainly not for every moment, her underwater vocals and layered guitar drones (a perfect musician for 4AD records-although she mostly edites her records for Kranky-) deserves recognition. She has a well defined style and personality. I am waiting to see her live. I bet it will be a good experience.

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

I discovered Liz Harris (AKA Grouper) with this album and it is my favourite until now besides the Mirrorring's "Foreign body" album (the collaboration between Grouper and Tiny Vipers).

I will have to check out "Foreign Body." This forum is a great resource for discovering new music.

Samsara:

61ToEJTdd4L._SY300_.jpg

Kind of a sequel to Baraka. Meant to get it for while but didn't get around to it until last weekend. Parts of it very similar to Baraka. Other parts deal with darker subject matter. A few scenes are hilarious in a rather sarcastic way. Perfect match between music and images. Powerful film.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7651[/ATTACH]

My favourite recording of these two great concertos, though I bet I get some argument from fans of Sviatoslav Richter and Geza Anda. What can I say - I love them all.

Lupu's great, but have you tried this one?

Grieg, Schumann: Piano Concertos - Simon Rattle,Lars Vogt | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic

Riclki Lee Jones: Traffic From Paradise Acoustic Sounds DL DSD64. Jud et al. has it right. Forget about the DSD vs PCM the politics of HDtracks, Mark Waldrip (sic). The DL is delicious sonically. Hence my enjoyment of music, my highest priority. Recommended ( highly ).

Enjoy the music,

Richard

image.jpg

PS

I have other editions of this album, so what!