IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

I just want to put in a good word for Jason from Northeastohiopcs. I've been communicating with him the last few days, and I just received the tracking notice today that my SACD-ready PS3 is on its way. He's been great to work with. He is really upfront about everything that he is able to do to recondition your system. He also will also find you a unit if you don't already have one. I'll keep everybody posted once I start ripping. :)

Hey all. I wonder if it would be a good thing to gather a list of some of the repair shops that can do the work we need them to do yet take our concerns into account? I was told by PM of Jason and another place called fixmyplaystation and they seem good to but maybe there are others. Considering the aging fleet of PS3 this will only become more and more of an issue. I bought about a year ago a used PS3 and it quickly went from red to yellow light and I will need to fix it myself (videos on that) or use one of these places. My friend keep pushing me to update my original PS3 I bought new back in the day but I will keep it in reserves for now.

Shortly i will offer ylod repairs. Currently I am unable to unfortunately. I would strongly suggest sending the board in for repairs. I know in the video it looks very easy. I have never heat gunned a board. The reason for this would be the extreme inconsistency in board and gpu temperature during the process. In addition, you can damage near by components permanently damaging the board beyond repair. I have seen several boards in this conditon. Even if the heatgun fix would temporally remedy the problem. I can assure you with absolute certainty the problem will reoccur. I have previously post a few link to useful product to increase fan speed. If you choose to have the board repaired i would suggest one or both of these. I do offer free fan mods in my system to avoid the ylod.

i need a little help, i have a brand new . never used ps3 model CECHA01. HOW DO you DISPLAY THE FIRMWARE.

it says software 1.5 in system settings, also install other operating system. i would just like to know what is on it now. before i change it..

a little help please.

i need a little help, i have a brand new . never used ps3 model CECHA01. HOW DO you DISPLAY THE FIRMWARE.

it says software 1.5 in system settings, also install other operating system. i would just like to know what is on it now. before i change it..

a little help please.

Yes, that is firmware 1.5, an old one. Do nothing. Just do the custom firmware and ripper pkg and keys as per my guide and links. What did you mean by "also install other operating system"?

the firmware is 1.5. I have never actual seen that early in my life WOW.first i would update to 3.55 ofw. the disclaimer earlier in the thread will show up. You are removing sony's otheros option. you must to update pass 3.15. However when you install 3.55 otheros and follow ted"s tutorial this will give you the otheros you need. i'll call cause it's alot to type and im beat lol.

Please use my guide and my firmware attached. But if the machine has ever been higher than 3.55 it will likely not work. I state that a few times (and a search here will show it up dozens of times). :) The SACD ripping project does not work in machines that have ever been over 3.55. BUT....if that fact changes I need feedback from users who can prove their machine was once greater than 3.55 and now rips DSD. Thanks.

I've just got a CECHC02 with a newer firmware to use as spare parts... I have another one already on 3.55 for SACD ripping.

Has anyone ever tried the flashing the firmware back to 3.55 with a flasher tool like progskeet - will that work - specifically for getting it back to OFW 3.55 for SACD ripping??

I've just got a CECHC02 with a newer firmware to use as spare parts... I have another one already on 3.55 for SACD ripping.

Has anyone ever tried the flashing the firmware back to 3.55 with a flasher tool like progskeet - will that work - specifically for getting it back to OFW 3.55 for SACD ripping??

The only way to drop back to 3.55 is via soldering iron and new boards. Flashers won't allow the SACD ripping prokect to work.

I've read rumors that even the cd drive is coded to the machine. So you can't pull a cd drive from an updated but working machine and insert it into a early firmware unit. i.e. it's very hard to piece one together and updated versions aren't even useful as spare parts.

You know how much truth is in this?

The Bluray drives logic board is married to the console. You can not normally take a working bluray logic board from one system and replace a broken logic board on another system. However a couple years ago there was a leak of the remarry files. I do not advice using illegally obtained software. That being said here is how.

Remarry Bluray Drive - PS3 Development Wiki .

If this procedure is not done. NO. One systems logic board will never working in another system. Concerning the bluray drive itself , these are 100% interchangeable from a cecha01 - cechg01. Starting with the cechh01 the drives were changed and even though they fit and will remarry do not work properly. the CECHA01-CECHG01 models logic boards have hrl files used for bluray playback. the h01 and up do not.

The Bluray drives logic board is married to the console. You can not normally take a working bluray logic board from one system and replace a broken logic board on another system. However a couple years ago there was a leak of the remarry files. I do not advice using illegally obtained software. That being said here is how.

Remarry Bluray Drive - PS3 Development Wiki .

If this procedure is not done. NO. One systems logic board will never working in another system. Concerning the bluray drive itself , these are 100% interchangeable from a cecha01 - cechg01. Starting with the cechh01 the drives were changed and even though they fit and will remarry do not work properly. the CECHA01-CECHG01 models logic boards have hrl files used for bluray playback. the h01 and up do not.

Excellent info, thanks. I assume the most common failure is the drive itself? Not the logic board?

A rough guess would be 75% laser and 25% logic board. Definitely should be considered , especially if you replaced the kes-4000AAA laser ( for cecha01-cechg01 only), and the disk does not spin. also on the PlayStation menu there is a disc icon in the top right corner. if you insert a disk and this icon does not spin , more than likely you bmd-001 logic board has failed.

Hi, I've had success extracting DSF stereo files from 4TB+ ISO's which I've joined with HJSplit, but when I try to extract multichannel i get "ERROR Invalid segment length in frame:..."

This error has only occurred in when extracting the last or second to last track on an album, so I'm assuming it's related to the iso joining. Any tips?

Hi, I've had success extracting DSF stereo files from 4TB+ ISO's which I've joined with HJSplit, but when I try to extract multichannel i get "ERROR Invalid segment length in frame:..."

This error has only occurred in when extracting the last or second to last track on an album, so I'm assuming it's related to the iso joining. Any tips?

Give us an example.

Valery Gergiev, Kirov Orchestra - Rimsky-Korsakov: Sheherazade, Philips 470 618-2

Ripped, combined resulting .001 and .002 files, extracted DST multichannel Files. Tracks 1-5 went through fine, but at 55% of track 6, I get "Error Invalid segment length in frame: 21578." Next line reads "ERROR Illegal arithmetic code in frame: 21579"

Just realized what the problem may be: when I was joining the split ISOs, there were probably multiple .001 and .002 files in the same folder. Perhaps HJ split joined mismatched .001's and .002's? I'll check. But, still no problem with 2-channel extractions from same joined ISOs.

Valery Gergiev, Kirov Orchestra - Rimsky-Korsakov: Sheherazade, Philips 470 618-2

Ripped, combined resulting .001 and .002 files, extracted DST multichannel Files. Tracks 1-5 went through fine, but at 55% of track 6, I get "Error Invalid segment length in frame: 21578." Next line reads "ERROR Illegal arithmetic code in frame: 21579"

Just realized what the problem may be: when I was joining the split ISOs, there were probably multiple .001 and .002 files in the same folder. Perhaps HJ split joined mismatched .001's and .002's? I'll check. But, still no problem with 2-channel extractions from same joined ISOs.

Just re-joined the .001 and .002 files for this disc, making sure they were isolated in their own separate folder. Ran into same errors in the same frames as above. This time sacd_extract.exe crashed too. Hmm...