IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

I have been following this thread but this is my first post. I did rip 90% of my SACD collection (85 SACDs) using software version 0.36 until all of a sudden, I got the message: "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert". Afterwich, the PS3 freezes and the only way to exit is to power it down with a long press on the power button. The PS3 optical drive works fine recognizing and playing SACDs (mch and 2ch) as well as bluray. I tried an older version of the ripper with no success (same message). Any ideas what could be the cause of this?

I have been following this thread but this is my first post. I did rip 90% of my SACD collection (85 SACDs) using software version 0.36 until all of a sudden, I got the message: "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert". Afterwich, the PS3 freezes and the only way to exit is to power it down with a long press on the power button. The PS3 optical drive works fine recognizing and playing SACDs (mch and 2ch) as well as bluray. I tried an older version of the ripper with no success (same message). Any ideas what could be the cause of this?

Some discs are known to be troublesome. Which disc is it?

Try re-installing ripper v36. Otherwise it sounds like a dirty lens, or faulty laser. Some have found, at their end of life, that they read SACDs, but don't rip. Dunno, really.

I did try to re-install v36 but that didn't help. The laser with tray was replaced with a supposedly brand new unit (but who knows) purchased online and installed by myself. It worked without a hitch for 75 SACDs before the problem occured. Maybe I should try cleaning the lens.

hello, i am Jason from northeastohiopcs. I am grateful at the responses i have been receiving for my systems. I have responded to everyone's emails and will provide the working systems to all those who requested one. I will complete this as quickly as i am able. However I was unaware until recently the need for systems that are not downgraded from 3.56 or higher. I do understand to accomplish your goals with the systems you MUST have systems that have never been above 3.55. I am working on some unique solutions to this problem. This is not a fix for boards that have been above 3.56 but if successful may greatly increase the system i am able to offer. Once i have ripped sacd's myself i would be glad to ship the systems ready to go out of the box. i am able to be contacted at [email protected] or via skype at northeasohiopcs. i am very grateful to provide systems that do not contribute to game piracy. Thank you for educating me on sacd's.

ALSO I HAVE XBOX360, NINTENDO WII , PS VITA , PSP , IPHONE 4, ECT. IF INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME :P

I cleaned the lens, deleted all unnecessary files on the PS3 harddrive and re-installed SACD Ripper v36. All is back to normal and I can now rip SACDs normally. Not sure which action made it work but all is fine now.

just a note to anyone that has a system which turns itself off after running normally or notices the fan speed running higher than normal. These are not my products and I have no affiliation with the sellers. Either or both of these may help. I do plan on installing the fan mods upon request. I have order 2 to test out. I will let you know how they work out. have a great day :)

"http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation-3-Fan-booster-ADJUSTABLE-PS3-Fan-speed-mod-Chip-prevent-YLOD-/111058991424?pt=US_Video_Game_Cooling_Devices&hash=item19dba1b940"

"New USB 4 Quad 40mm Fan Fans Cooling Cooler for Sony PlayStation 3 PS3 Black E0X | eBay"

Please make sure if you order the usb fan it is compatiable with your model. I posted the link as an example of what is avaliable.

Hello everybody, i am a new one in this forum. I find the "SACD ripper.pkg" & "PS3 key" in internet for a long time but fail. Anyone can provide these information. Thank you very much.

PM sent. Welcome to CA.

Ted, Thanks so much, this was just a minute after saving my note, wow - impressive. Will keep you posted on my progress :)

Ted,

I finally succeeded yesterday after some logistics trouble - my PS 3 controller had died a sudden death and it took some time to get myself a new one... Now, all fired up and so far approx. 20 SA-CDs ripped over my private network and played back through JRIVER as DSFs through Mytek 192 DSD. I am perfectly happy. The instructions were 100% ++ accurate and effective!! My sincere Thanks and Congratulations.

BTW: Never before have I heard Carole King's "Tapestry" so beautyfully reproduced ... :):):)

Best, Frank

I'm very close to picking up a system with firmware 2.70. The seller offered to upgrade the system to 3.55 if I want or just leave it alone. As long as I keep the system at 3.55 or below, is there any advantage to any particular firmware? Or will every firmware at 3.55 or below work equally well with the SACD Ripper software? Thanks!

I'm very close to picking up a system with firmware 2.70. The seller offered to upgrade the system to 3.55 if I want or just leave it alone. As long as I keep the system at 3.55 or below, is there any advantage to any particular firmware? Or will every firmware at 3.55 or below work equally well with the SACD Ripper software? Thanks!

I'd leave well enough alone. The installation of the ripper requires a firmware upgrade to the custom 3.55 firmware included with the tools (OtherOS+). Leave it at 2.7 for now, as you don't know if the 3.55 the seller would install is going to muck anything up, and you'll be overwriting it anyway.

photo.JPG

I am not sure if I am one who mucked my unit up. Followed directions and the new file uploaded from USB, the unit restarted and came to this screen. Controller frozen, unable to go further. Let it sit to see if upgrading. Nothing. Followed directions in recovery mode, or ordinary restart, says looking for upgrades and comes to this screen and is frozen. Any thoughts?

I think maybe you have "auto update" set on your PS3, a no-no. If it is connected to the internet it is trying to get udpated! Turn off auto-update, of course, as we cannot go past 3.55, and surely don't want our OtherOs+'s updated. weird why the OPtheros+ custom formware caused a restart in the first palce. next steps are ripper pkg and keys.

It's my first idea....

I think maybe you have "auto update" set on your PS3, a no-no. If it is connected to the internet it is trying to get udpated! Turn off auto-update, of course, as we cannot go past 3.55, and surely don't want our OtherOs+'s updated. weird why the OPtheros+ custom formware caused a restart in the first palce. next steps are ripper pkg and keys.

It's my first idea....

As usual, he is right. I've seen this on one of mine, but mine didn't lock up. I was able to just cancel out so not sure why that would be happening. Afterwards I decided that none of mine would be connected to the internet anymore and I would suggest the same to you.

If you're just ripping SACD's the internet connection is not needed and only bad things can happen.

I let the unit sit while emailing Ted and looking up stuff. An area was highlighted and the controller worked. I guess if this happens to others, let it sit for a moment and not reboot, like 30 min. It unfroze itself. Ripping my first SACD now. Tabula Rasa, Bela Fleck.

It was not set up for the internet, nor on auto update.

Thank you, everyone for your help in this endeavor. I bought 30 SACDs the last 2 weeks, thanks to the recommendations of the forum...sweet music.

Even the kids are enjoying an expanded musical horizon. Our system is in the living room, for the whole house to enjoy.

-j

The screen in the picture is normal and will always come up when updating from >3.21 to 3.21 or higher. When sony stole otheros function from us this is the disclaimer. Basically in short it reads we do not care what options we advertise the system to have , if you want to play new games and psn we are taking back otheros :) Thanks to them for the inspiration.

ok enough moaning about spilled milk.

The screen is actually not frozen. You MUST scroll all the way down through the disclaimer before it will let you accept. I am glad to hear you got it working so fast. NICE.