IGNORED

Article: Tsuyoshi Yamamoto - A Shade of Blue (Immersive Edition)

Well Chris, I can’t wait to see and hear the 4K Ultra Blu Ray of this performance. Your description of th3 sound is just like what I hear on the Bob James Feel Like Making Live 4K mixed foe immersive by the same personnel as A Shade of Blue. In speaking with some engineers they would love to revisit some of their live recordings and mix for immersive. But, it takes $$ and there just is not an appetite from the labels, yet.

After listening to the full album purchased from Immersive Album audio there is an issue with track 7 Midnight Sugar. The track supplied Ii’s a minute shorter than it should be so cuts off. I have reported that to IAA and hope they get the corrected track and offer it to those of us who purchased the album. I will report here if they do. Just be forewarned.

4 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

After listening to the full album purchased from Immersive Album audio there is an issue with track 7 Midnight Sugar. The track supplied Ii’s a minute shorter than it should be so cuts off. I have reported that to IAA and hope they get the corrected track and offer it to those of us who purchased the album. I will report here if they do. Just be forewarned.

Mine does same.  :(

5 hours ago, 3dsoundshop said:

Crap... That stinks..  I didn't have a chance to download the album before I went to work... @The Computer Audiophile did you experience the same problem?

2 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Chris informed me that the ADM he received had this issue and a second ADM was sent to him by EVO that corrected it. So, there is no reason why IAA can’t offer the corrected track.

What he said ⬆️

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Well, we common folks without immersive equipment have to be - and certainly are! - happy with 2-channel HiRes versions. But not all are created equal: Apple Music has that album as 24/192, while Qobuz has it as 24/44.1, and Tidal as MQA (if that is to one‘s taste). At least that is what I get shown here in Germany. But why … ?

1 hour ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Well, we common folks without immersive equipment have to be - and certainly are! - happy with 2-channel HiRes versions. But not all are created equal: Apple Music has that album as 24/192, while Qobuz has it as 24/44.1, and Tidal as MQA (if that is to one‘s taste). At least that is what I get shown here in Germany. But why … ?

So strange (not you!). I think Qobuz has it for sale at 24/192. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

In Germany, Qobuz only has 24/44.1, both in Streaming and their Download Store. In fact, strange … In particular, since Qobuz France (^ @DuckToller) has 24/192 …

I get the 24/192 from Qobuz Streaming in Germany via Audirvana.

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 12/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, ted_b said:

Jonathan sent me corrected via we transfer and then said the MKV has been replaced on the site, too.

I downloaded all files this morning..  and unfortunately... Midnight Sugar still cuts off in both mkv and mp4 audio... Looks like I need to send an email.

Lumin T2 / Smyth Realiser A16 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266 PHI TC / Raal SR1a > Enhanced LFE by Clark Synthesis Platinum TST429

On 12/10/2023 at 5:26 PM, 3dsoundshop said:

I downloaded all files this morning..  and unfortunately... Midnight Sugar still cuts off in both mkv and mp4 audio... Looks like I need to send an email.

FYI - I bought about 4 hours ago (4PM this afternoon my time here in the US), and got the correct (I'm assuming) file for FLAC and MKV, but the MP4 file is STILL truncated :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

On 12/10/2023 at 5:26 PM, 3dsoundshop said:

I got mine a few days ago. Just got to listen tonight to the MKV in 5.1.2 Atmos. Midnight Sugar indeed cuts off early at 5.07. 

Can you kindly share to whom at IAA I should also write an email. Thanks. JCR 

11 minutes ago, jrobbins50 said:

I got mine a few days ago. Just got to listen tonight to the MKV in 5.1.2 Atmos. Midnight Sugar indeed cuts off early at 5.07. 

Can you kindly share to whom at IAA I should also write an email. Thanks. JCR 

[email protected]

Screenshot_20231211_235843_Gmail.thumb.jpg.5a56890512ce10b876577418113da59b.jpg

I'll try again when I get home.

Lumin T2 / Smyth Realiser A16 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266 PHI TC / Raal SR1a > Enhanced LFE by Clark Synthesis Platinum TST429