IGNORED

Lexus

freesteve

I just purchased a new Lexus SUV and there is no analogue rca input so I can use my dragon fly DAC with my Samsung phone ...  The new Lexus only has a usb input which I know is strictly digital.  I miss the warmth and detail  of my dragon fly input.   I an play a usb stick lossless but the sound is not wonderful. Any suggestions for much better sound ?

Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

3 hours ago, freesteve said:

I just purchased a new Lexus SUV and there is no analogue rca input so I can use my dragon fly DAC with my Samsung phone ...  The new Lexus only has a usb input which I know is strictly digital.  I miss the warmth and detail  of my dragon fly input.   I an play a usb stick lossless but the sound is not wonderful. Any suggestions for much better sound ?

Thank you.

Hmm. I think you may be stuck with something like Neutron Music Player and adjusting the sound digitally to your taste. 

https://neutroncode.com

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Sadly that is probably true. Thanks for your input.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I have low expectations of car audio systems, if the music makes my head nod, then it achieving the desired result.

The Levinson system is workable, for convience Bluetooth LDAC is supported on Onkyo HF player on the Samsung phone. HF player supports an EQ as well as the car. 

If I use USB from the phone, android auto pops up, but didn't look for HF player. 

You can use a 32GB USB directly,  but is kinda small for hi res flac files. The USB doesn't support a HDD SSD oh well. 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 2 weeks later...

My Lexus has the Levinson system which was brilliant with the Audioquest dac.  Sounds terrible w/o.  Uggh.  

• 4 weeks later...

Just asking for any additional info since I posted this.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 6:54 PM, lmf22 said:

First, congratulations on getting a new SUV! 

Sadly, new cars don't have analog input anymore. I just use Bluetooth on my Lexus ES. It's "good enough", considering all the noises while I'm driving, and I'm paying more attention to the road than the music. 

That's what we have been doing. Its good enough for our Lexus "car and SUV".

The Truth Is Out There

@mav 52... that makes you a very safe driver who gets mediocre ear play, lol.   I may be forced to be part of your philsophy until a proper fix is available.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:54 PM, lmf22 said:

First, congratulations on getting a new SUV! 

Sadly, new cars don't have analog input anymore. I just use Bluetooth on my Lexus ES. It's "good enough", considering all the noises while I'm driving, and I'm paying more attention to the road than the music. 

And the last few generations analog input were probably doing A/D conversion on that analog input anyway to none the wiser owner.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

• 2 weeks later...

Might be worth experimenting with the EQ system in the car audio itself. Although most car audio systems are a bit on the bright side. But then the car is not the best listening room. I guess the Lexus is rather quiet though, and not a terrible listening room.

Depends on how much effort you want to put into tuning the EQ, changing, or applying inline circuitry. Or even see if an add on analog input is available. Trying someone else's phone might help to determine if a phone change will help.

It sounds rather easy to use a DAC like the DragonFly to get the sound character that you like though. I will say I have not seen the Analog input in a car for awhile. Even my wife's 8 year old SLK 250 only has a clunky, fraying, proprietary USB adapter (that cable is no longer available anymore from the manufacturer) Bluetooth only for the phone, not audio, kinda a PITA now.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

I just discovered Beat-Sonic USA.  Through 2022 they have produced a work around for Lexus and other cars via their own design kits that includes a usb aux in directly to the Levinson System, Bose, etc.  I was told that within six months they will be able to do the same for my  2023.  Their system will not void any cars warranty.  (Actually my service rep at Lexus knew of them even when the sales staff at Lexus did not.  I even spoke to Lexus design support and that went, "you know where.") 

We shall see.

Thanks all !

@Bones13.  My 2016 450h had the input.