IGNORED

Sonore opticalModule Deluxe

20 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Sorry for the confusion:) All pre-orders and recent orders are the current design. It’s possible Andrew has not implemented the sticker for pre-orders or did not implement the sticker yet. I’ll try to sort this out today for you. Worse case we can tell from the order date and from a revision number on the board. 

The stickers have not yet been implimented. PLease dont send emails to Andrew about what version you have. All pre-orders and current orders are the current design. 

14 hours ago, AudioFiber said:

I'm sorry for the off-topic post, but I have tried repeatedly to login to the sonore support forum. Every time I am told "invalid username or password." I have reset my password three times--all to no avail.

If someone from sonore could help me out I would really appreciate it. I can't even find a way to contact anyone on the forum--since I am not logged in, I can't post.

-end of interruption-

I fixed this for you...try it now. 

I have connected my sonore optical module de luxe V2 for 5 days now. He replaced the tp-link MC220L. The sfp’s and corning cable are from afterdark which is connected to my first uptone EtherRegen. Both the tp-link and the sonore are powered with the uptone SMPS of 7.5 volts.

It is very surprising to me how the SQ has increased and is getting better every day. I first waited for this result before possibly buying a good 7V LPS, but the results indicate that that will certainly happen.

Nicely done sonore!!

On 10/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, Johnnydev said:

I have connected my sonore optical module de luxe V2 for 5 days now. He replaced the tp-link MC220L. The sfp’s and corning cable are from afterdark which is connected to my first uptone EtherRegen. Both the tp-link and the sonore are powered with the uptone SMPS of 7.5 volts.

It is very surprising to me how the SQ has increased and is getting better every day. I first waited for this result before possibly buying a good 7V LPS, but the results indicate that that will certainly happen.

Nicely done sonore!!

I have now connected the Uptone LPS 1.2 at 7V to the sonore OM with a very good result!  :-)

On 10/19/2022 at 8:41 AM, Superdad said:

For six months UpTone has been advance-buying parts for the still-in-development EtherREGEN Gen2, and when we finally reach production in the next few months I am strongly going to prefer that the first 500 units go in large part to first-time buyers…

Nooo  

Last night I finally decided to bail on passing through the moat.  I’m tired of having to wait for files to copy down to my server.   

I think maybe I will snag an opticalModule Deluxe, swap it for the ER, then move the ER down to my AV system.  Once I can acquire an ER Gen 2, I’ll swap things around again.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• vortecjr changed the title to Introducing the Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2.3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/20/2022 at 3:22 AM, Markus8 said:

does Sonore recommend single mode or multimode connection ?

On 11/25/2022 at 4:59 AM, Markus8 said:

Some users report a better sound quality when using singlemode (also in combination with ER). What are your experiences here?

I came to this thread specifically to find this out.

@vortecjr, can you respond please?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

Single mode can transmit a large amount of data over a great distances with lower attenuation losses compared to multi mode. The lasers and electronics in single mode transmitters tend to be higher quality in order to send the light down a generally smaller optical fiber.

I have no reservations recommending multi mode for our application. When using multi mode the low bandwidth and short distances in a home minimize the modal dispersion effect, overlapping of pulses, and the concerns of attenuation.

BTW there are reports from customers using single mode that the units run hotter. 

Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

BTW there are reports from customers using single mode that the units run hotter. 

Could the extra heat be problematic? 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.