IGNORED

JCAT USB XE and AudioLinux/Euphony

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has the issues with JCAT USB XE card conflicting with asmedia controller solved ? Any kind of patch can be smartly made ?

I have been trying to set up my newly acquired SMSL VMV D1se DAC with my JCAT USB XE for the last two days until i saw this post. I had no luck getting the asmedia usb 3.1 controller to recognize the DAC. But the DAC works very smoothly with motherboard's USB 3.1 controller though. The DAC has only 7-day return policy, i can't even test the unit with much more preferred JCAT USB XE now.

7 hours ago, Larry Man said:

Has the issues with JCAT USB XE card conflicting with asmedia controller solved ? Any kind of patch can be smartly made ?

I have been trying to set up my newly acquired SMSL VMV D1se DAC with my JCAT USB XE for the last two days until i saw this post. I had no luck getting the asmedia usb 3.1 controller to recognize the DAC. But the DAC works very smoothly with motherboard's USB 3.1 controller though. The DAC has only 7-day return policy, i can't even test the unit with much more preferred JCAT USB XE now.

Hi Larry, 

Can  you please check if USB memory stick is detected when inserted to USB card's port? If not then I'd check if 5V PSU connected to the card is OK. 

Regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to make USB XE work with Euphony, motherboard is also Asus Crosshair Hero VII, Ryzen 7 3700X, Jcat USB XE to Matrix xspdif 2 hdmi to PS Audio dac. At first plug in it didn't work, then i left it overnight, next day it was working. weird. I was talking to zeljko about this trying to figure out what I did to make it work for me. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My jcat usb XE works fine with Euphony on asrock z390 phantom gaming itx.  

These days I will also add the jcat net femto card

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue with what I believe is the original JCAT USB interface. Euphony recognises the connected DAC but no audio is output. Connect the DAC to the motherboard USB port and it works fine. I'm using an Intel DH77EB board and the JCAT card is powered from the motherboard. It works fine under Windows and with JPLAY. 

I'm curious to hear how Euphony compares to JPLAY and would rather do this comparison with the same hardware platform.

This thread seems to focus on the latest JCAT XE USB card. Is the original USB card known to have the same issue? 

Perhaps I'm the only one still using the original JCAT card! It's probably time I upgraded both the motherboard and to the JCAT XE USB. 

JRiver Media Centre, Windows 7, Dell E4300 with SSD > Revelation Audio Labs power-free USB cable > dCS Scarlatti > Transparent Audio Reference Balanced Inter-connect > Krell FPB700cx > Transparent Audio Reference Speakers Cables > Wilson Audio System 8, Transparent Power Cables & Hutter Rack

My jcat usb XE works fine with Euphony on Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master and Ryzen 9 3900x 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this topic from the grave. I’m troubleshooting an issue with a JCAT USB XE and AudioLinux with Piero but waiting on him to be available to pick back up. Figured I’d put out a call out here for ideas on why the card is not being seen by AudioLinux. 

Tried two different PCIe ports

Verified the card is being fed 5.15v

I plug my mouse and into the USB XE and nothing happens. I run lsusb and lscpi and the card is not seen. Any ideas?

MB: Aorus z690 Master

AudioLinux: LXQt 5.3.0

HDPLEX 300W 5v output

7 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Sorry to resurrect this topic from the grave. I’m troubleshooting an issue with a JCAT USB XE and AudioLinux with Piero but waiting on him to be available to pick back up. Figured I’d put out a call out here for ideas on why the card is not being seen by AudioLinux. 

Tried two different PCIe ports

Verified the card is being fed 5.15v

I plug my mouse and into the USB XE and nothing happens. I run lsusb and lscpi and the card is not seen. Any ideas?

MB: Aorus z690 Master

AudioLinux: LXQt 5.3.0

HDPLEX 300W 5v output

I will get in touch with Piero. If he agrees, I will ship the USB XE. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

23 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

But, from what I see, you have the Z690 chipset. I would try upgrading the firmware on the card. However, you will need a motherboard with a chipset different than Z690/Z590. Please let me know if you can find a way to do it. You can PM me too if you'd like. 

Best regards,
Marcin 

PM sent. The only computer I have with PCIe slots is my music server. 

3 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

But, from what I see, you have the Z690 chipset.

Is this a general problem with Z690 boards and JCAT CE cards?