IGNORED

HQplayer 4 and Mac-mini M1

Bushikai

12 minutes ago, Miska said:

So I would travel to your house, and we would try together with your settings to see if some setting combinations work or don't. So I would be just holding your hand. But for that, I would need to increase price of HQPlayer by 100x at least.

There's a huge margin between traveling to my place and simply reveal the bowels/architecture of HQP and simply say, man you have a load issue, maybe you should consider using one single plugin instead of two to perform eQ

On 7/19/2023 at 1:32 AM, Kalpesh said:

Success ! Studio M1 MAx can upsample DSD 64 2.0 + convolution @512 with 7EC Light

Good to know that you upgraded to M1 Max Studio. I have the same and am experimenting what can be done with it.

If you have a few minutes free whenever you're playing around with HQP, would you mind trying out the following to see if it is error-free on your machine:

No convolution

Upsample PCM redbook to DSD512 using ASDM7ECv3 and sinc MGa

Danke!

9 minutes ago, Kalpesh said:

There's a huge margin between traveling to my place and simply reveal the bowels/architecture of HQP and simply say, man you have a load issue, maybe you should consider using one single plugin instead of two to perform eQ

Have you ever thought about that faint possibility that you may overemphasize your own importance ?

1 hour ago, Kalpesh said:

There's a huge margin between traveling to my place and simply reveal the bowels/architecture of HQP and simply say

There is quite a bit of documentation in the manual about the matrix stuff.

1 hour ago, Kalpesh said:

man you have a load issue, maybe you should consider using one single plugin instead of two to perform eQ

You likely have load issue if you have drop-outs. And how would I know using single plugin would be possible for what you want to do and that it would work better or worse for what ever you happen to have... (load caused by convolution can be anything from nearly zero to nearly infinite, depending on your convolution filter(s), same for IIR as well)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, Kalpesh said:

And maybe you should do yourself a favour and organise a wiki, a FAQ, what have you, for the redundant questions you answer to zillions times, and create tickets/flag for new issues coming and then nurture the wiki, FAQ, what have you,

Sounds like a nice idea. Since Miska doesn't have the time, perhaps you could volunteer?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

58 minutes ago, Tihon said:

@Kalpesh oh come on. You're just upset, everyone has bad days. HQP is designed in such a way that it gives a large number of possible applications, but it is assumed that the user himself will determine the limits of his equipment by trial and error. Situations like yours are more or less normal. You pushed your settings too far and something went wrong - it happens. Given the fact that every system is unique, the only viable option is to try turning off all "non-standard" settings step by step and see what was causing it. Blaming Miska for lack of support is just ridiculous. In my opinion, he is just a champion among developers who spend time communicating directly with users.

Agreed I got to say that if anything Miska often spoiled us, stepping over the line and answering most of our questions, many of which aren’t even related to hqplayer. 

On 7/20/2023 at 11:10 PM, Reg19 said:

Good to know that you upgraded to M1 Max Studio. I have the same and am experimenting what can be done with it.

If you have a few minutes free whenever you're playing around with HQP, would you mind trying out the following to see if it is error-free on your machine:

No convolution

Danke!

NO luck ; stutters, matrix enabled but blank

Convolution being in .wav files, with 7EC Light I can upsample any file I tried up to 512 but Mch SACD (256 is the limit). 

IMO 7EC Light @ 512 >> 7EC vx/Super @ 256. Plus I don't find that lowering to 256 to use a more demanding filter pays off. BTW 512 is the sweet spot IMO with Holo May ; maybe 1024 resolves more but it's over sharpening/has bursts of nasty moments

So I accept limitations of filters upsampling PCM. i.e. Sinc L would be limited to 256. Recommended PSG Long and PSGHR LP work fine @512/7EC Light. At the moment I have Sinc MGa for 1x and PSG Halfband for Nx in Preferences. 

Sounds great

On 7/21/2023 at 12:10 AM, Reg19 said:

Only light EC modulators work to DSD512 with M1Max... So you have four EC modulator options for doing DSD512 on M1Max. Could work with Pro as well, but I have not tested and I don't remember if anyone has reported about that.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks!  I am about to get an M1 mini to run HQP. Would someone tell me which version shall I install? Thank you,

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

49 minutes ago, sworksone said:

You want the arm64 macOS Desktop version. 

Thank you so much 👍

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

On 9/10/2023 at 6:36 AM, Schafheide said:

I do hope that you are getting a 16GB, as recommended.

Yes I got it! 😜

Haven’t managed yet to get it to work! 
Roon on Zen 

HQP on M1

NAA on opticalRendu. 

Regards, 

Jorge

• 3 weeks later...

I updated my M1 iMac to Sonoma -- I see no issues and not really any "major" changes for that matter. I had to restart HQP, while all other running apps just reopened automatically.

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3

27 minutes ago, RCAphile said:

Any chance that Sonoma’s ‘Game Mode’  (MacRumors.com: ‘…Game Mode gives games the highest priority on the CPU and GPU, delivering more consistent frame rates and lower latency to wireless controllers and AirPods (Mac with Apple silicon…’) could have any performance applications for HQP?

Yes, I've thought about that. But not sure if it would be good idea or not, and if it would be useful at all... At the moment, I'm not really excited about this.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213658

https://appleinsider.com/inside/macos-sonoma/tips/how-apples-game-mode-in-macos-sonoma-works

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the off topic but there are many MM users here as a transport or Core.

Has anyone used any way to eliminate static electricity on the Mac Mini case?

I think about grounding using USB A, but I don't know if it is grounded in this model. I don't use a monitor connected to the MMM2 Pro, filter and external linear source but I still notice static when touching the device's housing.