IGNORED

Off Topic | Just for Laughs

58 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Yes I agree.

The clip reminded me of the saying "Sometimes I Sits and Thinks, and Sometimes I Just Sits" ....sometimes credited to Winnie the Pooh (A A Milne) but apparently goes back to a Boston newspaper in 1905

The only problem with doing nothing is you never know when you're finished !

...or when a heffalump needs your help ...

1 hour ago, esmit said:

That is a joke in itself!

Oh, you should give yourself then a try with Otto Waalkes, from East-Frisia, quasiment boderline to the Dutch Friesland..
Not completely spanish, although especially his earlier works were quite funny (imho), while his later work was/is only professional funnyism.
Somehow between Herman Van Veen (young) and Rudy Carrel (late), who are the gold standard of Dutch humor for Germans ...
I've preferred Van Veen anytime,
the motorcycle  😉

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Confused said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of dressing up on a Saturday night ….

As much as I enjoy many of the different kinds of (British) humor in this thread, I need to admit, that some very British ways of spending the Saturday evening are quite distasteful  ... and more seriously, I might prefer that search algorithms have no association made of this forum and uniforms with nazi symbols plus AH lookalikes.
jm2c - ymmv

9 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

C'mon, AH figure is a part of pop culture since at least 1940:

His images used to appear in WWII (also satire) brochures and are present on Wikipedia and everywhere.

Let's relax a little, creating additional tensions isn't the aim of this thread, I believe :)

Context seems to be important 

18 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Forgive me, but I had thought there was a long tradition of French Hitler humor as well. I'm thinking of De Rire and Charlie Hebdo in particular.

Please forgive me for being German by nature and "only" having residence in France and a French family ... I do appreciate a lot the humor tradition on Nazis and Faschists. from Chaplin, De Funes to Jojo Rabbit, though context is king. 

@sphinxsix to get more info on that subject just google "Harry the Nazi"

All right, after we have heard some of  the truth, even about the marathon discussion regarding hen and egg ;-), here is something which I found somehow disturbing but absurdly funny.

Today, I've read the reasoning for a verdict from December 2019 against a former German Army soldier, SEK (Special Deployment Commando or SWAT) member and "prepper" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivalism).

He was in possession of an UZI machine pistol (weapon of war), which was stolen during his service at his army base. To be prepped, he had some grenades and other explosives, some illicit weapons and some cozy 55,000 rounds of ammunition, laying around freely accessible in his car and in his own house.  He was also active and connected in various chats with right-wing extremist background.

He got a lenient sentence on probation, which is no longer a rarity in Germany. However, the reason for the mild sentence almost made me fall off my chair laughing. It reads like pure Monty Python script:

" (serious voice) The appropriate consideration, taking into account in particular of the foregoing leads, with further consideration of the following, against the assumption of a particularly serious case of circumstances not leading to the presumption of the same:

(increasingly excited voice): The accused has not been exposed to an excessive, so to speak, unbelievable amount of what he considers illegal weapons, ammunition and irritant / explosive devices (unauthorized). This is also clearly by the testimony of the witness H., who stated that he had already worked with other persons who (still) owned or would have owned more than the defendant.
Finally, the defendant did not possess any particularly heavy weapons of war such as guided missiles, battle tanks or warships or any other (significantly) heavier weapons, all of which are also listed in the list of weapons of war, than the submachine gun Uzi". Original in German: here

THAT made my day, German judges for stand-up comedy. Humor is so important these days

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

grafik.png.32f5e227ec9c9043fdf7a0a9aeb0aca1.png

Some British humor I've learned to love.
This is the Gunnersaurus.
To add assault to battery, the guy doing the Gunnersaurus job was laid off recently. Consequentially, the most contoversial player of Arsenal FC, Özil, started paying for his annual wages of 50k GBP. Özil earns 7 times the annual salary of Gunnersaurus in a week and just had an 8m GBP loyality bonus end of September, even he hasn't hardly featured in any game for his club in 2020 (no, he hasn't been injured) and might not feature in the team until ...
You couldn't imagine that for fiction, I'd say ...
Hail, Gunnersaurus
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIF.iybnlN9oPwMU1c39m8XE6g%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Another find from this weeks Guardian's website

Ian Gillan, for his 75th anniversary, remembers some episodes ...

"Nevertheless, he duly joined Sabbath for one album, Born Again, and a tour that has passed into legend as one of rock’s most disastrous. At the opening show, Gillan had a notebook with lyrics propped up against the monitors; he’d been using it in rehearsals, too. Just one thing: “With all the money being spent, they had never used dry ice at the rehearsals, but then this wall of shoulder high dry ice came out.” And so Gillan was reduced to bending down to try to read the words. “And as I leaned down to read the first line, the floor lights came on, blinding me. I was swatting at the air to wave away the smoke. It was pure Spinal Tap, a moment of panic.”

Ian Gillan of Deep Purple.

Happy reading

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...