IGNORED

Article: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Review and Comparison

8 minutes ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

I'm not in headphones for ages, so went over Harman's et al research in a swift, but it seems that, even more than room correction, headphone correction is needed since most masterings are done for and with speakers in rooms where room gain lifts the LF. Since Rajiv does not mention any such thing and since I've only seen headphones in his equipment, I hope he's not spending fortunes in minute details to compensate for a way off in very measurable decibels in ears response. 

You're out of your element. Headphone cross-feed and "correction" has been tried for decades and the market has always rejected it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, bober101 said:

plus you're not streaming over the internet, its all LAN.

Hi bober, can you explain what difference this would make?

im concerned that audiophilestyle.com and or the articles poster was remunerated to post.

Absolutely not. 

unless you live on the sun or you have extremely cheap/broken networking, none of the benefits described is Real.

You think there are benefits in only some cases? What benefits do you see?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

40 minutes ago, bober101 said:

the analysis is in the link i posted but it keeps being edited. a quick google search can pull it up. measurements are made hard data provided.

i can't provide better reasons/facts than what is presented.

The links aren’t edited. 

We banned links to that site after way too many incidents. 

You may want to look further into the conflicts of interest and misinformation on that site. It has been discussed many times around here.  You can search if you’d like, but I won’t rehash it in this comment section. 

15 minutes ago, bober101 said:

there is just 1 golden rule I'd like to leave you all with before i go;

the less intermediates a signal goes through the better.

I hear you bober, but that’s an argument for a device like the ether regen because you’re saying more devices actually cause problems, thus there’s a problem that must be dealt with. 

In the strictly analog world, I used to believe this until I tried some DACs with a preamp between the DAC and amp. Sometimes it’s better and other times it isn’t. 

I like options and am happy if you’re happy listening to great music on your system.

Live and let listen. 

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, sacdlastholdout said:

This is beyond snake oil. Wow…USB switch will do absolutely nothing for digital audio.

Unreal. I know for a fact this won’t be posted or I’d definitely explain why this has no effect on audio. Sad people are being duped here. 

This isn’t a USB switch.