IGNORED

Help me create a Coronavirus playlist that could go viral

'Touch Me I'm Sick' by Mudhoney pretty much covers it.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

This should help lower blood pressure. Much better if CD quality or greater.

John Sheppard “Antiphon. Media vita” (Stile Antico)

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/john-sheppard-media-vita-stile-antico/0093046750961

From Album notes:

"The colossal antiphon Media vita ranks amongst the largest scale pieces of the entire century, and is certainly amongst the most powerful in terms of its cumulative emotive effect…

…the influenza epidemic of 1557-59 – the deadliest to hit London since the Black Death, and quite probably the cause of Sheppard’s own death – may well have provided the impetus for this most soul-searching of pieces."

Pax vobiscum.

33 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

This should help lower blood pressure. Much better if CD quality or greater.

John Sheppard “Antiphon. Media vita” (Stile Antico)

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/john-sheppard-media-vita-stile-antico/0093046750961

From Album notes:

"The colossal antiphon Media vita ranks amongst the largest scale pieces of the entire century, and is certainly amongst the most powerful in terms of its cumulative emotive effect…

…the influenza epidemic of 1557-59 – the deadliest to hit London since the Black Death, and quite probably the cause of Sheppard’s own death – may well have provided the impetus for this most soul-searching of pieces."

Pax vobiscum.

I know very few Sheppard's compositions recordings but IMvHO this performance is just breathtaking.

Back on topic. They say - keep distance of at least 1m..

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Anything @wgscott recommends is ok with me ie dead/entire genre of dead/Americana. I posted this elsewhere but 2 weeks ago after listening to Dwight Joakum (sic) and a guy named Bentley(?) on Sirius either Bakersfield or outlaw country I made a 790 playlist of billy joe Schafer all his albums all stuff by others of his and collaborators collections ie Willie Merle cash etc sorry for misspellings too lazy to check  

The Musical Offering, BWV 1079: Ricercar a 6

J.S. Bach 

Ensemble Sonnerie

J.S. Bach: Musical Offering, BWV 1079 (Orch. Anton Webern) - Fuga (Ricercata) a 6 voci · Berliner Philharmoniker · Pierre Boulez

Sophia Gubaidulina: Offertorium - Concerto For Violin And Orchestra · Gidon Kremer · Boston Symphony Orchestra · Charles Dutoit

"Offertorium opens with the theme on which Frederick the Great of Prussia requested that Bach write a fugue, but which Bach used instead in A Musical Offering. Gubaidulina treats this theme in the manner of Webern, changing the instruments which play the melody every few notes. The transformation of this theme into a melody of instrumental colors (Klangfarbenmelodie) is significant because Gubaidulina has here united Bach and Webern, the two composers who she says have made the greatest impression on her. Webern himself composed an orchestral version of the Ricercata from A Musical Offering which featured Klangfarbenmelodie, so with Offertorium Gubaidulina has composed a work based on the same theme that had been used by the two composers who were so important to her.

The concerto's title Offertorium relates to the "offering" of Bach's Musical Offering, but also represents the crucial spiritual idea of the work, which is embodied in the music. The theme mentioned above essentially "offers" or sacrifices itself throughout the piece's first section. A series of variations is presented, with the melody appearing shortened in each by a note from the beginning and one from the end, until there is only one note of the theme left. Each variation is based on the last two notes which remain in the melody after another note has been removed. After this process is completed the second section, according to the composer, centers on the Last Judgment and the suffering of Christ on the cross, and contains almost no trace of the melody used by Bach. In the third section the theme rebuilds itself note by note, starting from the one central note that had remained at the end of the first section, but the pitches arrange themselves in the opposite order to their initial shape, and the theme is now backwards, symbolizing the idea of "conversion". In the final portion of the work, the coda, the theme is again presented backwards, now "transfigured", and the music ends in a rapturous, meditative style."

9 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

I Shake Like A Fucking Leaf · Ben Frost, Catastrophic Deliquescence (Music From Fortitude 2015-2018)

I really regret but:

Video unavailable
This video is not available.

Which is a bit strange, it doesn't seem like youtube has any problems with the F word after all..

(sorry for OT post)

13 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I really regret but:

Video unavailable
This video is not available.

Which is a bit strange, it doesn't seem like youtube has any problems with the F word after all..

(sorry for OT post)

no worries

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/music-from-fortitude-ben-frost/0724596967355

https://open.spotify.com/album/47iffV7mFpw1pMSfqH0FR6?highlight=spotify:track:5wfs34o3M56KWawoa5F1cL

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/style/sex-coronavirus-questions-answers.html  😊