IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

Neotech UP OCC in 14AWG (single stretch for now)

I will repeat what @Nenon already said, wiring matters a lot, so consider to do that once and good. I know it's difficult to not check immediately, how it will sound, but if you will change wiring after, you will go through burn in process twice. BTW DC connection to Taiko ATX also impacts on sound ( a lot ). I just changed that few days ago and I was surprised, how big impact it has. 

17 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

no bypasses just yet.

I already had Vcaps ( x 3 ), KBG ( x 4 or 5 ) Mundorf Supreme SGO ( x 2 ) and Miflex KPCU ( x2 ). Each of them impacts on the final sound signature. VCaps gives lot of space, details, micro information, Miflex gives more bottom and reduces micro information. So, rolling them you can voice the ULPS to your liking. At the moment I have 1Vcap, 1 KBG, 1 Mundorf and 2 x Miflex. Still no 100% my cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have Asus Sage with JCat Femto LAN and JCat USB powered externally by SJ DC3 & DC4. Serwer is powered by Nenon’s ULPS and Taiko ATX.

I went trough ULPS V2 -> V3 -> V2 with Hammond, Ogonowski and SoulAnalogue (SA) chokes with different total capacitance applied, but rather on the bigger side ( min. 130K uF with 5A and min. 170K uF plus with 10A choke).

Hammmond and Ogonowski chokes are rated with 5A and SA 10A. Currently I have Mundorf HC 22 000uF, SA choke and Taiko monster cap. I never had any problem with booting computer.

Recently I’ve changed the Windows power management settings and immediately computer started to behave differently -> slow down booting / repeated booting  and problems with loading OS, so I returned to original power management Windows settings. Also changing settings in BIOS ( CPU & RAM setting fix voltage ) had in my case an impact on the way, how computer was booting, so I returned to automatic settings.

My second server is based on AsRock Taichi X99 Mobo with strong 10 core Xeon and also no problems with booting.

Booting problems can be also caused by too tight screwed CPU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...