IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

19 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

Hi Angelo, 

I added a copper plate of about a cm thickness to my Mk5 server to go under the heat pipe assembly, assuming correctly that it adds thermal stability, acting like a buffer with a small improvement sonically. Copper conducts heat well and fast, but there for sure is an amount where it becomes too much and it'll hinder heat transfer.

Your design may well do the same but with copper mass as buffer over the heatpipes..in the end it'll work fine.

Can You share the pics with us please ? TNX 

19 minutes ago, Exocer said:

Speaking of proper cabling - @Nenon had mentioned stranded Mundorf Copper Angelique wire to me (I had already spotted it) but he encouraged me to try it. I like it A LOT. It actually replaced a glorious Mundorf SG cable on my USB card and I haven’t looked back. This will probably be what I go with for my ATX, EPS, DC input cabling in the new chassis.

Solid core? What diameter?

12 minutes ago, Exocer said:

Mundorf CAW is now available in stranded form:

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/sites/default/files/2024-01/Mundorf ACS Angelique Copper Stranded Wires datasheet.pdf

I meant to mention in my post that the stranded CAW replaced the solid core SG. The solid core CAW did not replace the SG although it too is very good 😎.

Are you using stranded CAW to replace solid SG in signal cables as well as power cables?  

Are you saying that in these applications the stranded CAW has as exquisite an openness in the middle through highest frequencies as the SG?

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

1 hour ago, Exocer said:

Mundorf CAW is now available in stranded form:

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/sites/default/files/2024-01/Mundorf ACS Angelique Copper Stranded Wires datasheet.pdf

I meant to mention in my post that the stranded CAW replaced the solid core SG. The solid core CAW did not replace the SG although it too is very good 😎.

Bro !

What size do you suggest for each ? :

-- ATX

-- EPS

-- PSU

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

2 hours ago, Exocer said:

Good question- I spoke with a manufacturer out in Budapest who I am cool with, who suggested using LARGER awg wire for ground vs the positive pole. 

Im not endorsing that approach but I will certainly try it with my new round of experiments. 

For ATX, EPS, PSU - I like Mundorf’s 15.5awg or if on a budget, Neotech 16awg.

...You got me spinning !

Do you and Nenon concur that stranded sounded better than solid ( in a nutshell ? )

Thank you Bro !

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

7 hours ago, Exocer said:

Speaking of proper cabling - @Nenon had mentioned stranded Mundorf Copper Angelique wire to me (I had already spotted it) but he encouraged me to try it. I like it A LOT. It actually replaced a glorious Mundorf SG cable on my USB card and I haven’t looked back. This will probably be what I go with for my ATX, EPS, DC input cabling in the new chassis.

Have You tried on ATX connector to use cooper wire for ground and silver one for positive pole?

R

On 4/23/2024 at 7:21 AM, JackJohnson316 said:

We should start another group chat to get the design finalized and determine how many are interested in a group buy. 

If these will work with my WS C621E SAGE I'm definitely interested. I've been using a basic PC with Noctua air cooling since I built it but have had limited luck finding an aftermarket heat-pipe solution. I'm also curious what case(s) or heat sink blocks people plan to use these with, as the heat's gotta go somewhere!

40 minutes ago, Jeremy Anderson said:

If these will work with my WS C621E SAGE I'm definitely interested. I've been using a basic PC with Noctua air cooling since I built it but have had limited luck finding an aftermarket heat-pipe solution. I'm also curious what case(s) or heat sink blocks people plan to use these with, as the heat's gotta go somewhere!

just browse this thread, there are a few solutions ready made, a o HDPlex

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

19 hours ago, Exocer said:

Good question- I spoke with a manufacturer out in Budapest who I am cool with, who suggested using LARGER awg wire for ground vs the positive pole. 

Im not endorsing that approach but I will certainly try it with my new round of experiments. 

For ATX, EPS, PSU - I like Mundorf’s 15.5awg or if on a budget, Neotech 16awg.

who is the manufacturer in Budapest, I live here and have not heard of it

32 minutes ago, kraftundkultur said:

who is the manufacturer in Budapest, I live here and have not heard of it

I haven’t mentioned the name of the manufacturer 😎. Let’s connect offline just in case they want to keep their anonymity.

For clarity: the conversation discusses the use of heavier gauge ground wire than positive in a dc connection. 

edit: spoke with ceo of Core Audio Hungary (not sure if Budapest) and he’s ok with me sharing that tidbit of our convo.