IGNORED

Article: My New Speakers Have Arrived!

Just now, ecwl said:

@The Computer Audiophile, I am a little confused. I thought Audio Perfection is your local Wilson dealer so I just assumed somebody from Audio Perfection would set your speakers up. Is it because you’re VIP that Wilson is sending their own representative over? Or is it because you got Alexia (instead of the lower end models?)

Someone from Wilson is coming because we are going to meet about some business items as well as setup the speakers. It's a two for one trip for them. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Great choice Chris.

If budget would have allowed me, I was ready to buy a pair myself last year.

However , as I retired a little earlier than expected, it was a no go.

Will you use McIntosh amps as your standard to drive them?

Dirk

Hi Dirk - I'll use the Constellation Audio Inspiration mono amps.

I'll possibly try the Schiit Vidar amps as summer amps because it can get a little hot in my listening room :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, sb6 said:

Congrats on your purchase, the Wilsons were among a few speakers on my short list but I ultimately went with what I felt was the most natural, balanced and effortless - the "elf hats" which I aesthetically love. IMO better than garbage cans, but to each his own. 🙂

Happy listening!

I love it!

5 hours ago, Superdad said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I hope you know I was mostly just kidding Chris.

But honestly, even if you were making some barter arrangements, I would see nothing unethical in that. Trading ad space for discount is not at all the same as trading for a good review. That’s a completely different line which I know you would never cross.

Of course what prompted my speculative comment in the first place is that the largest size ad I’ve even seen on this site just happened to appear the same week as the announcement of your speaker selection. It really begged the question—even if it is none of our business. B|

We've been in talks with Wilson for over a year about many items. It just so happened that my speakers arrived at the same time as the ad campaign began. With all the little things to iron out, there's no way I could even attempt to time it like this. It just had to happen. 

30 minutes ago, Darryl R said:

I like this color.  Lucky you on a ground floor (or maybe not, if that ivy is on a roof gable).  If I recall those bass cabinets were about 200 pounds each, and we had to use an electric lift to get them upstairs.

These are up 14 stairs on the second floor. The piano movers called it a nasty stairway 😁

13 minutes ago, rickca said:

So let me rephrase, because I didn't mean to critique your setup.  I don't know enough to do that.  I'd like to understand why your new speakers can sound amazing without needing more distance from the walls.  I'm sure you already took this into consideration.

No worries critiquing the setup. That’s how we all learn.

Given the dimensions of my room, asymmetrical walls, peaked ceiling, and mixture of absorption and diffusion acoustics, perhaps you could explain why the speakers need more distance from the walls?

When I recently adjusted my room using a hybrid approach of the Wilson setup procedure and RPG software, this is the location that worked best. It’s a starting point for these speakers and more adjustments are required to get the best performance. 

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Chris: I am curious (and I guess too lazy to search your earlier threads about your room): 

Did you ever setup your TAD speakers in your remodeled room? Or are the Wilsons the first speakers to play in that space?

If the latter, then wow you really have a double journey ahead of you--getting used to the character of your room AND learning about optimizing the Wilsons in that space.

Best of luck and much musical joy in either case.:D

I had the TADs in here for a while.