IGNORED

Happy Birthday and welcome AudiophileOptimizer 3.00

On 6/3/2019 at 5:24 AM, thuandb said:

In closing, I wanted to offer a friendly heads up to AO3 veteran or newbie users alike:  don't attempt to listen to your favorite music optimized by AO3 before going to a date, job or doctor's appointment or any engagement.  Chances are, you're likely to be late or totally miss it.  It happened to me, today.

So what you're saying is, w'all need to hide our kids, hide our wives, and hide our husbands cause A03 is wrapping everything up around here?

Well looks like I'm in need of big overhaul so that my source can catch up to the Formula 1 Kii 3's.

My CAPS in its current format has done me well but I'm thinking.................

A 1tb SSD to slot in with the 120 Gig I have already.  My music is on a NAS but having the majority of the music in the PC on an SSD might make for better SQ.  Is that overkill?

Install WServer 2019 in GUI mode.   Not sure I will miss WS2012 Core mode that much.  

AO 3.0

Update JRiver to 25.

With GUI in play I can get off the network that I currently use via remote access from my home PC to Audio PC.  I have a small screen I can set up on the Caps as required to tweak JRiver.

I may need to retire sooner rather than later with so much to do 🙂

Regards Cazzesman

...the nice thing about Server 2019 in GUI is that it brings around the same sound quality that Server 2016 in core had! Imagine....

So there‘s a lot less hassle related to Core Mode but still phenomenal sound quality! 🙂

If you want to go all in 2019 Core is king and AO 3.00 will bring you back all the needed stuff like Kernel-Streaming, WASAPI and it will make most players work at all in core. But the entire setup is more complex without doubt so...

I always like having more options! 👍🏼

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

in core with fod is there anyway to bring up programs that normally start in the tray (bottom right)  in GUI? they are visible in task manager as background services and it doesnt let you into them,  it is the control panel for my sound device.

4 hours ago, numlog said:

in core with fod is there anyway to bring up programs that normally start in the tray (bottom right)  in GUI? they are visible in task manager as background services and it doesnt let you into them,  it is the control panel for my sound device.

Of course :) you just need to navigate through the directories and launch the desired executable.

Basically all you need are the commands „cd“ and „dir“ as well as the tab button (optional, but makes life a lot easier). You‘ll find some basic infos about the most important dos commands in our best practices guide here: 
https://www.highend-audiopc.com/PDF/computer_audio_best_practices_guide.pdf and a ton of it when you ask google or youtube.

best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

I had tried that, along with everything else google had to offer, im able to launch the exe in explorer so that's not the issue.

The control panel launches minimised, creating a shortcut and setting it to launch maximised does not change that. In GUI you have to click the icon in the tray to open the control panel, running exe just adds another instance to the tray.

its a Juli@ soundcard.

I think this a unique circumstance for server core that would require some manual fix so I guess im out of luck

17 minutes ago, numlog said:

I had tried that, along with everything else google had to offer, im able to launch the exe in explorer so that's not the issue.

The control panel launches minimised, creating a shortcut and setting it to launch maximised does not change that. In GUI you have to click the icon in the tray to open the control panel, running exe just adds another instance to the tray.

its a Juli@ soundcard.

I think this a unique circumstance for server core that would require some manual fix so I guess im out of luck

Ah, now I got it right!

this might be worth a try: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14760518/how-can-i-maximize-a-specific-window-through-cmdwindows

Hello, i am not very proficient with computers, but can you tell me in a simple way, do i have to upgrade from server 2012? Also, if i have to upgrade to sever 2019, how do I keep my install of the latest Fidelizer? 

Thx.

4 hours ago, Lazz said:

Hello, i am not very proficient with computers, but can you tell me in a simple way, do i have to upgrade from server 2012? Also, if i have to upgrade to sever 2019, how do I keep my install of the latest Fidelizer? 

Thx.

If you have 2012 (not 2012 R2) you need to use a later server version to use AO 3.00. it works with 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 and all versions of Windows 10.

but a fresh install of Server 2019 would be highly recommended, especially if Fidelizer is all there is on the old machine.

Best,

AudioPhil

1 hour ago, Lazz said:

Do you know the process to keep Fidelizer if I upgrade to server 2019.

There is no specific process, just update Windows Server.

In 3.0 when you run AO it no longer tells you what sound signature and digital filter you used in the past.  Is this an intended change?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

5 hours ago, dminches said:

In 3.0 when you run AO it no longer tells you what sound signature and digital filter you used in the past.  Is this an intended change?

It does, no worries. But in the upgrade scenario from an older version it won't.

1 hour ago, tboooe said:

I am a bit late in upgrading due to that annoying thing called work but I am very very glad I did.  My plan was to build 2 new PCs for HQP and NAA and upgrading to Server 2019 but this is taking a bit longer than expected so I decided to upgrade to AO 3.0 on my existing hardware which runs Server 2016 and 2012 Essentials respectively.  Having been a long time user of AO I didnt think there was more magic that Phil could do so I was not expecting too much from this newest version, perhaps a small change here or there.  Even without upgrading to Server 2019 I can say that AO 3.0 is a fantastic improvement!  Its hard to put into words the changes I hear but the best way for to describe it getting just a little closer to the music.  Its as if another layer  has been removed between me and the music so I feel more connected emotionally.  Needless to say I am more than pleased with this upgrade.  Thank you Phil for your continued development and contribution to this crazy hobby!!!

THANK YOU very much! :)

6 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

It does, no worries. But in the upgrade scenario from an older version it won't.

I have reset optimization twice after the upgrade and neither time did it tell me what signature I was using previously.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Yes it has to be like that if you do a reset using ServiceTool, working as designed!

just run AO again without a reset (as intended for "normal" operation) then you will see what you have chosen the last time.

or alternatively just have a look at your settings log...

2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Yes it has to be like that if you do a reset using ServiceTool, working as designed!

just run AO again without a reset (as intended for "normal" operation) then you will see what you have chosen the last time.

or alternatively just have a look at your settings log...

Ahhh....so this is a change then?  I do remember in previous versions even after doing a reset with ServiceTool, when running AO again we would be shown the previous sound signatures.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

6 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Ahhh....so this is a change then?  I do remember in previous versions even after doing a reset with ServiceTool, when running AO again we would be shown the previous sound signatures.  

Yes you are correct! 🙂 n the older versions this only worked for some usage type but not all (SinglePC, AudioPC, etc.). A bug...

It's fixed now with 3.00 and working exactly the same on all usage types 👍🏼

5 hours ago, tboooe said:

Yes.  That’s what I was trying to explain.  Now, after a reset you don’t get that information.

Maybe what i don’t get is why would you run AO again without a reset?

16 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

To change sound signatures and filters in loop mode for example.

My main point was the in version 2.2, even after a reset via the service tool, the prior sound signature and digital filter selections were shown when AO was re-run.

If I need to perform a Windows Server update should I first perform a reset, update the system and then rerun AO?  That's what I have always done.