IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

On 9/7/2022 at 06:47, an333 said:

Oggi mattina ho ricevuto una tale email da Euphony:

Mi dispiace, ma penso che sia una truffa. Quando ho acquistato la licenza, il sito indicava - ACQUISTA ORA LA LICENZA 3.0 E OTTIENI L'AGGIORNAMENTO GRATUITO ALLA 4.0 APPENA DISPONIBILE e non c'era alcuna indicazione che il modello di licenza fosse stato modificato. Cioè, ho acquistato la licenza assicurandomi che il modello con licenza della versione 4 sarà lo stesso della versione 3... Ora mi sento come se fossi stato ingannato perché ho acquistato una licenza per nessuna delle due versioni, ma per l'uso per 2 anni (cioè 150 $ all'anno, che è anche più costoso di ROON)

Знімок екрана з 2022-07-09 07-59-26.png

You see, you told me that there was no reason to worry, unfortunately this is not the case

1 hour ago, Gbn said:

You see, you told me that there was no reason to worry, unfortunately this is not the case

Yes, I agree with you. Unfortunately it is so... And I myself hit this hook...

Unfortunately, the site still inscribed - BUY 3.0 LICENSE NOW AND GET FREE UPGRADE TO 4.0 AS SOON AS AVAILABLE. And there is nothing about changing the license... That is, new users can still get caught on this scam...

7 hours ago, prinz said:

Thank you. I understand I need to use Etcher to upload the image on usb stick. I am currently doing that.

I tested V4 yesterday, I will come back to V3 again to check the SQ and which version I prefer. To be honest one of the reasons why I prefered euphony over windows is that as someone claim "boring" sound of V3.

Personally I am searching for a CD or Vinyl like quality, rather than hyper detailed pumped synthetic presentation. lets see.

The main reason to go to v4 is for newer device compatibility...  as an example v3 doesn't recognize the ethernet port hardware for my 11 series NUC.

Overall I find v4 far cleaner, less subject to "fuzziness" with complex instrument groups.

A vinyl like experience requires a pretty hefty investment in DAC, I'm still not there ;<)

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

7 hours ago, prinz said:

Today I have played with both v3 and v4, both loaded into RAM. Without upsampling of any kind.

Actually I found out V4 to be with better resolution, bit more dynamic, but also a bit warmer, smoother and full bodied.

V3 does not bring my attention so much like V4, which might be a pro or con for some.

It's not night and day difference for me, but worth using v4

I was not sure if I liked the difference when I moved from v3 o v4 first time, but today things clarified.

Seems to echo the views of most of us, beta testers out there, worth the upgrade for me.

My last power cable cost me $13,500. Annual subscriptions are trivial. If the hobby gets too expensive for you, stay where you are for six months or a year. The rewards I get from upgrading my system are an absolute joy.

Next month, a Gryphon Commander and Apex Amp will add to the joy. No subscriptions though. Hmmmm.

What do you say about that? The site has already closed the beta testing program. Stable v4 (20220708) is available in the download section, but still offer to buy a v3 license with the promise of a "free" transition on v4? At the same time, there is no information about the change in the licensing model...

4 hours ago, an333 said:

What do you say about that? The site has already closed the beta testing program. Stable v4 (20220708) is available in the download section, but still offer to buy a v3 license with the promise of a "free" transition on v4? At the same time, there is no information about the change in the licensing model...

Buying v3 license is not available anymore:

https://euphony-audio.com/buy-euphony-audio-transport/

22 hours ago, davide256 said:

The main reason to go to v4 is for newer device compatibility...  as an example v3 doesn't recognize the ethernet port hardware for my 11 series NUC.

Hi, the usage of a small e.g. Ugreen USB to ethernet Adapter (~15Euro on Amazon) is a cheap step up in S.Q for your NUC, even if you ethernet Chip is supported or not.

Regards

Sunny

3 hours ago, sunny_time_99 said:

Hi, the usage of a small e.g. Ugreen USB to ethernet Adapter (~15Euro on Amazon) is a cheap step up in S.Q for your NUC, even if you ethernet Chip is supported or not.

Regards

Sunny

Not in agreement there… the on board Intel  port is better behaved than USB3 attached Ethernet port, I experienced hangs under v4 with USB3 attached port

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Well, this does not sound right to me at all.

euphony is the most expensive player software, except for Roon lifetime subscription. And that was for a lifetime subscription.

periodically, I didn’t mind the couple of times so far, that I have upgraded Euphony. The product was improved so it was worth the expense.

this time, reading about the improvements, I am not impressed and I am not very interested in their Added features, I don’t think I will use them.  Sound quality, absolutely yes and I am willing to pay for a license upgrade.  But I want to own it until I choose to upgrade it.

I have a much bigger grievance with this subscription idea.

As you know you can buy a full Euphony license and you can buy an endpoint license. 

I have a high power server that I have been using as a StylusEP, I was feeding it from a CAPS Pipeline running Stylus. 
Some of the time the Pipeline server would get glitchy and not work or I would want to use my high powered server as a standalone server or I wanted to test one server versus two.
 I thought I could use one full license and one endpoint license, because at any one time I would only ever be running One instance of stylus and One instance of stylus EP. But, to do this I would have to get tech support to transfer the full license from my pipeline to my other server. And then transfer it back when I got the pipeline working again or I was done with my listening test.

I was forced to buy Two full licenses.  Now, I have paid $600 to use Euphony.  That is more than the Roon lifetime subscription. 
The reasoning I was given is that if I’d ever sell one of my computers it would have the Euphony software on it and they would need to provide tech-support.

I did not know that the Euphony license was transferable, but now I do. Also this infers that the Euphony license has an intrinsic monetary value. 
well, the pipeline server died so now I own two full licenses and I am only using one. When and if I get a second computer I can have the license transferred to that computer.  But, what happens now that we are moving to a subscription-based scenario, does that unused license lose its value over time? Then, I would feel like I am being Stolen from.

I would like to hear your opinion, please?

I have another question, is anyone using Euphony with a Asus Sage computer that has two CPU like the Extreme?  would I need two licenses to use Euphony on a two CPU computer?

Thank you 

4 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

Well, this does not sound right to me at all.

euphony is the most expensive player software, except for Roon lifetime subscription. And that was for a lifetime subscription.

periodically, I didn’t mind the couple of times so far, that I have upgraded Euphony. The product was improved so it was worth the expense.

this time, reading about the improvements, I am not impressed and I am not very interested in their Added features, I don’t think I will use them.  Sound quality, absolutely yes and I am willing to pay for a license upgrade.  But I want to own it until I choose to upgrade it.

I have a much bigger grievance with this subscription idea.

As you know you can buy a full Euphony license and you can buy an endpoint license. 

I have a high power server that I have been using as a StylusEP, I was feeding it from a CAPS Pipeline running Stylus. 
Some of the time the Pipeline server would get glitchy and not work or I would want to use my high powered server as a standalone server or I wanted to test one server versus two.
 I thought I could use one full license and one endpoint license, because at any one time I would only ever be running One instance of stylus and One instance of stylus EP. But, to do this I would have to get tech support to transfer the full license from my pipeline to my other server. And then transfer it back when I got the pipeline working again or I was done with my listening test.

I was forced to buy Two full licenses.  Now, I have paid $600 to use Euphony.  That is more than the Roon lifetime subscription. 
The reasoning I was given is that if I’d ever sell one of my computers it would have the Euphony software on it and they would need to provide tech-support.

I did not know that the Euphony license was transferable, but now I do. Also this infers that the Euphony license has an intrinsic monetary value. 
well, the pipeline server died so now I own two full licenses and I am only using one. When and if I get a second computer I can have the license transferred to that computer.  But, what happens now that we are moving to a subscription-based scenario, does that unused license lose its value over time? Then, I would feel like I am being Stolen from.

I would like to hear your opinion, please?

I have another question, is anyone using Euphony with a Asus Sage computer that has two CPU like the Extreme?  would I need two licenses to use Euphony on a two CPU computer?

Thank you 

Lot of rumor mongering going on. I’ve not seen any reputable information that Euphony will charge a subscription. That said I would not find it unreasonable for Euphony to have an annual maintenance fee, audiolinux already does this

Regards,

Dave

Audio system