IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

On 5/29/2022 at 2:51 PM, BCRich said:

It is probably corrupt, try to write again, I recall having to use a different stick in the past.

Thank you Rich.

With a different stick i managed to successfully install Euphony v4.

But run into different problems;

All up and running and 'complete installation' but no sound whatsoever.

My digital chain is;

DIY music server With Euphony > Matrix Elements H usb card > Monoprice Slimrun Optical > Uptone USPCB A>B Adapter > Matrix X-Spdif2 > Topping D90 MQA.

The Matrix X-Spdif2 gets recognized as soundcard  which is identical in Euphony v3, so that should be good.

In Settings the X2 is active.

Is this a driver issue?

My DAC doesn't react to any resolution changes and there is no sound whatsoever.

When i double tap on a song nothing happens.

When i hit "play" nothing happens.

The "internal cards" thing in settings is selected as well.

Hope this is just a little thing i overlooked and someone can help.

Regards Bill

I was planning to try an "ecosystem" running Euphony v4+Roon Core+HQPlayer embedded on a single PC, but as far as I understood (because of Roon issues with v4 trial version), this is still a "don't even think about trying that" category, right?

5 hours ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Version 601 beta is out but it keeps crashing my server and endpoint. I ended up reverting back to 0527.

The same here with my NUCs this morning. The strange thing is it seemed to work after the update last evening. No crashes at least.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

Same here, v601 is causing my Euphony PC to shut down. First I thought it was related to my external USB somehow not working properly, but then it happened with the USB disconnected, when I restarted the Euphony app. No issues like that in v3, although I saw this issue very occassionally in previous v4 beta release.

1 hour ago, di-fi said:

Sounds promising Euphony v4. I might try ‘upgrade’ over the weekend. I did not read all of it but where exactly do you go to download these different Euphony v4 beta versions? Link please?

Thanks for sharing.

Just go back a few pages in this thread or go to the Euphony Audio site to get the beta.

8 hours ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Just go back a few pages in this thread or go to the Euphony Audio site to get the beta.

I have been there. The only file to download : 22020527beta. I got that one because someone here kindly posted a link.

My question is about :  different Euphony v4 beta versions you seem to talk about. Thanks for the reply anyways. 

Maybe someone else knows where to download these different Euphony v4 beta versions?

2 minutes ago, di-fi said:

I have been there. The only file to download : 22020527beta. My question is about :  different Euphony v4 beta versions.

Maybe someone else knows where to download these different Euphony v4 beta versions?

Not sure what you're looking for exactly beyond the responses you've received, but maybe one of the other kind folks here can explain it to you...or you could just take the time to read through the thread.

22 minutes ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Not sure what you're looking for exactly beyond the responses you've received, but maybe one of the other kind folks here can explain it to you...or you could just take the time to read through the thread.

I did read back and you just said : 'Upgraded to 0602 and the shutdown issue is fixed.

Makes me wonder where did 0602 come from?

And before you mentioned: 

Version 601 beta is out but it keeps crashing my server and endpoint. I ended up reverting back to 0527.

And before that: Heads up! Beta version 4.20220528 released.

No worries. Thanks

9 hours ago, Yiakubou said:

Just download the beta image with older version, install and then update through the Euphony system / feature update function. Just remember to set update channel to beta in the system settings.

6 minutes ago, di-fi said:

I did read back and you just said : 'Upgraded to 0602 and the shutdown issue is fixed.

Makes me wonder where did 0602 come from?

And before you mentioned: 

No worries. Thanks

Did you look at the post right above mine? It’s pretty straightforward, eh? I copied it here for you.

35 minutes ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Did you look at the post right above mine? It’s pretty straightforward, eh? I copied it here for you.

If you don't understand my question, don't get upset. My question is open for everyone, not only for you. It's a forum after all.