IGNORED

Article: SOtM sNH-10G Network Switch Review

This is/was an interesting read, albeit painful at times given the demeanor.  Unfortunate, really, for those legitimately trying to learn.

Because I honestly don't know, can someone confirm whether or not ethernet cables/switches/connections are naturally susceptible to both RF and or ground loop issues?

And sorry, I mean this as a legitimate question as well...this entire group does agree that as an electrical device, the switch's power supply and such could introduce electrical noise of sorts into a sensitive and transparent sound system?  I lost the plot a bit on whether that was being debated at all here in these 11 pages?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I have a 10G switch powered by the 500 psu. I have 3 items plugged into the 10G which are Streamer/DAC, NAS and router/modem are plugged in and it works flawlessly.

I am so impressed I am getting a second 10G/500 combo connected in series as suggested by SoTM.

Where do i plug in my my 3 devices ?

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless I missed it (quite possible), I haven't read any listener reports that have compared a stock SOtM sNH-10G (no upgrades at all) at $800 to an Uptone Etherregen at $640.  I would be very interested in reading about such a comparison.

*ANTIPODES CX--- Ethernet--->

*CARY DMS-600 STREAMER/DAC---> XLR ICs--->

*CARY SLP-05 preamp (Ultimate Upgrade ed.)---> XLR ICs--->

*CLAYTON M-300 amps--->

*MARTIN LOGAN Spire speakers.

32 minutes ago, asindc said:

SOtM sNH-10G (no upgrades at all

After all, there is a blind test with SOtM sNH-10G and others in Dutch. Unfortunately without Uptone Etherregen, there was not yet. SOtM sNH-10G is the winner! 😁

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@austinpop is working on a comparison of a few units, including the ER.

That's good to know.  Looking forward to reading about it.

*ANTIPODES CX--- Ethernet--->

*CARY DMS-600 STREAMER/DAC---> XLR ICs--->

*CARY SLP-05 preamp (Ultimate Upgrade ed.)---> XLR ICs--->

*CLAYTON M-300 amps--->

*MARTIN LOGAN Spire speakers.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:19 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

@austinpop is working on a comparison of a few units, including the ER.

Great news!  I am very much looking forward to this.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 1 year later...

To adress some of what was discussed in this thread related to SOTM business model buying several of their boxes and whether or not Switches make any difference is mostly related to their return policy. I might have tried one of these if their return policy didn't sound like such a farce. See below. I don't need a 100 questions if it doesn't make an impact in my system, and if you have confidence in the product your are selling at a premium price SOTM should have a much more flexible return policy. For me it makes me dubious overall. If the product is worth it I buy, if not I do not buy. Seems like it would be a hassle to buy from SOTM and return if you don't like it based on below..This is why I personally have chosen other paths for Network Isolation products.  

"15-day return policy.  We will accept returns or exchanges for up to 15 days, timed from the day we ship your order. Please do not be surprised or offended when we ask for a detailed explanation for the return. We need to understand why you are returning the item, so we can continue to offer you good customer service. We also provide your feedback to our manufacturers, so they can be aware of any product issues.

Please note that using any device on a voltage or frequency that is not appropriate may cause damage to the unit and greatly increases the risk of bodily harm or even fire. Crux Audio cannot be held responsible for damage to a unit that is not used with its proper voltage. We will also not be able to provide you with warranty service or a replacement unit. If you are in doubt, please ask before plugging in the unit.

Audio cables must also be handled with care when connecting them to your system. Please be aware that the tabs for dCBL-CAT7 cables in particular are sensitive. Please do not force your cables. Broken tabs on audio cables will incur a repair and shipping cost.

Returned items must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in original condition. It must arrive in re-saleable condition. If it is not, then at our discretion your return will either (1) not be accepted, or (2) your refund will reflect the cost of replacing those missing items, repair, and includie the cost of shipping the missing items to us from the manufacturer.

Items need to be returned via registered, insured post to Crux Audio at your cost within 15 days of the shipment date. We strongly recommend that you use FedEx or UPS to insure safe delivery. Crux Audio will not be held responsible for items that are lost, stolen or damaged in transit, so please send your returns accordingly.

If your return package is deemed acceptable after inspection, we will refund you within 10 business days or the return, or exchange the returned item.

If you received free shipping as part of your order, the initial shipping fee will be deducted from your refund. Should you return items that were purchased with a promotional code, discount or offer, you will not be refunded for the amount of the code, discount or offer, as these discounts were deducted from the original purchase amount.

Returns and exchanges may be subject to a restocking fee.  We reserve the right to impose a restocking fee at our discretion for any returned item that is damaged, cosmetically dinged or missing accessories. Please also note that if defective merchandise proves to be non-defective upon inspection, or if we otherwise determine that a customer is exercising chronic abuse of the return policy, then a restocking fee will be charged at our discretion. "

Amp=Sugden IA4

Source=MSB Discrete DAC

Speakers=SF Heritage/Amator

Sub=Rel T5i

Antipodes K50