IGNORED

Article: SOtM sNH-10G Network Switch Review

'powered by an LH Labs LPS-1' ???  Maybe you mean an Uptone Audio LPS-1?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 minutes ago, Yo-yo said:

I’d like to see more hard data on this device and less subjective testing. There is no reason a switch transferring a file would effect another devices audio output. In the future I would suggest using audio recording to verify the results and or blind a-b tests.

any device that claims what it claims and costs what it costs should make measurable differences.

Lots of foolery there and any company that makes such a device.  Many audiophiles are very gullible.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

To me, the fact that SOtM recommends using their ultra expensive cat6 cable says it all: SOtM is a respectable member of the snake oil industry. For anyone arguing to the advantage of "audio-grade" catN cables: no existing measurements or AB/X support those preposterous claims. Sorry. 

The switch is built around their $350 filter (find referernce to it on the net). So now they recommend we also purchase it as well. Hell, get 2 switches and 2 filters for $4,100. 

I think I'll wait for the new Uptone switch...Their aim is to block all upstream noise. $600 with a clock and 10Mz bnc interface. Regrettably, both companies don't publish measurements, but the Korean are egregious with thier marketing fluff (all in broken English) and milk-the-stupid-cow prices. 

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't believe this has anything to do with the product and anything to do with anything.

Their native language and country of origin don't matter in the least.

It shows a lot a about the company's ethos when it charges top dollars for its products and then chooses to save on a professional translator.

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]

Surround

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I disagree. 

Well, I take comfort that at least those myrad of companies that spent a fortune on localization agree with me. 

Stereo

Surround

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If that makes sense to you, then OK. My friend works for Microsoft and hires translators for many files that go into the OS. It costs $7 per word. Based on the high cost, I'd say it isn't a good use of funds for an audio company. If people can't understand a manual that's a different story. If people read incorrect grammar like your "charges top dollars" phrase but can still understand the manual they will read once and throw away, then I'd say mission accomplished. Resources better spent on other things. 

Kind of you to scan my phone-typed text for grammar errors. There's an opening in the Grammer & Typo police if you're so inclined. 

"My friend works for Microsoft and..."  Is that a serious argument or a tongue-in-cheek joke? 

Stereo

Surround

17 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

Kind of you to scan my phone-typed text for grammar errors. There's an opening in the Grammer & Typo police if you're so inclined. 

"My friend works for Microsoft and..."  Is that a serious argument or a tongue-in-cheek joke? 

Not an argument just stating facts that also back up your belief that translation is spendy. Except I don’t believe it is a good or necessary use of funds in most cases for HiFi companies. 

If one’s customers are quick to judge foreigners on their English skills and decision to put resources in areas other than translation, then I guess it may be worth it. For 99% of the world, it doesn’t matter. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not an argument just stating facts that also back up your belief that translation is spendy. Except I don’t believe it is a good or necessary use of funds in most cases for HiFi companies. 

If one’s customers are quick to judge foreigners on their English skills and decision to put resources in areas other than translation, then I guess it may be worth it. For 99% of the world, it doesn’t matter

It's sort of descending, but you're so off that I feel a reply is warranted. 

(1)

SOtM doesn't need a translator. It needs an editor, since the text is in already in English. Editing is by far less costly than translation. 

(2) 

Except I don’t believe it is a good or necessary use of funds in most cases for HiFi companies. 

Auralic, Lumin, Aurunder and so many others polish thier text. Fortunately, not only do they disagree with you on the importance of solid presentation, but they also don't find the cost prohibitive. 

(3)

For 99% of the world, it doesn’t matter. 

Oh, that's quite presumptuous. Do you really know how 99% of the world thinks? More to the point, presentation appears to be vital for most businesses, and SOtM is the exception here. You may accept it, but others may find it unprofessional, cheapt and even contemptuous. 

Stereo

Surround