IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

Thanks for this Michal - very interesting indeed! So, you don't for example see necessarily significant improvements with a MacMini FW into Mytek by adding external PSUs or iUSB etc, as well as the various software & cable enhancement approaches?

I don't know. Would be great to hear from users who may have experienced a change. I think it would be fair for the participants here to describe what they actually hear as accurately as they can when they for example claim that USB cable made "a huge difference". One can change the cable and then say what actually has changed (for example- sound stage got wider and deeper, reverb tails were longer or vocal moved back or...). In reality the changes are relatively minor but it is possible to describe them accurately. Without this it's hard to even make an opinion if the change was for better or for worse...

Best Michal at Mytek New York

Thanks Michal, missing only the answer to the third question (then the week starts well...) :)

You said : " 3) You wrote "Rigisystems (USB)" but what about "TC Connect (FW)"?;" - Trying to understand what are you asking....

M

Esprit and I are asking that Mytek request TC Electronics (the DICE guys) to update the FW drivers to enable Integer Mode.

Good for Mytek and Weiss owners, perhaps others with same FW set up.

Correct me, if I am wrong Esprit.

Tone with Soul

Not exactly DRIVERS But FIRMWARES..

Cheers

Firmwares change/modify/correct the features of a device.

It's uploaded directly into the device.

The firmware is released direclty by Mytek

These are Drivers.

From wiki: In computing, a device driver is a computer program that operates or controls a particular type of device that is attached to a computer.

Dear Michal of Mytek,

Would you be able to incorporate the volume memory function within the FPGA chip to remember the volume type and level for each individual input? For users of HT processors, it will prove invaluable to incorporate this to the single-ended inputs of the pre-amp version to incorporate a HT-bypass function. At the moment, I believe most users are stuck in the situation where they will have to instinctively remember to re-adjust the volume levels back down in fear of blowing up the speakers when they change inputs in such a setup. Your feedback on this is much appreciated!

Ivan

Singapore

Set it to reasonable maximum level and always fine-adjust from the player or HT processor?

That will be on the practical side of things but I am sure most users will prefer to set the volume to bypass mode to get the analogue volume control out of the signal path.

That will be on the practical side of things but I am sure most users will prefer to set the volume to bypass mode to get the analogue volume control out of the signal path.

I don't because my amp, speakers and ears don't like the loud snaps and pops Mytek generates in some cases (analog volume control attenuates those too). But I don't understand how is use of bypass related to the volume memory you were talking about. If you use bypass then you could of course still use player and HT-processor for the volume control, although I don't recommend using computer for sole mean of controlling volume because it's too easy to have accidents with it.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I don't because my amp, speakers and ears don't like the loud snaps and pops Mytek generates in some cases (analog volume control attenuates those too). But I don't understand how is use of bypass related to the volume memory you were talking about. If you use bypass then you could of course still use player and HT-processor for the volume control, although I don't recommend using computer for sole mean of controlling volume because it's too easy to have accidents with it.

Miska, as I have stated earlier, the volume memory function, if implemented correctly, will allow each input to have its own set of volume level or type (analogue/digital/bypass). So in the event of switching from the single-ended inputs (used as a HT bypass with volume bypass enabled or analogue volume control set to 0dB), to another input like USB2 for example, the user won't have to instinctively remember to turn down the volume or switch off volume bypass to prevent any speaker accidents due to high volume levels. Not unlike how the current main volume and headphone volume level is behaving at the moment - each having their individual volume settings.

allow each input to have its own set of volume level or type (analogue/digital/bypass)

Ahh, OK, now I got it. I thought you wanted to always bypass the volume or have it always enabled with levels remembered.

I have the mastering version so I never thought too much about the analog inputs.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Dear Michal of Mytek,

Would you be able to incorporate the volume memory function within the FPGA chip to remember the volume type and level for each individual input? For users of HT processors, it will prove invaluable to incorporate this to the single-ended inputs of the pre-amp version to incorporate a HT-bypass function. At the moment, I believe most users are stuck in the situation where they will have to instinctively remember to re-adjust the volume levels back down in fear of blowing up the speakers when they change inputs in such a setup. Your feedback on this is much appreciated!

Ivan

Singapore

+ 1. I had emailed to Mytek for this function. Not too reactive mytek. I'm waiting a reply....

Somebody can he say to me how to use the phones plug ?

When I plug my earphone, sound is playing on my monitors audio speakers + earphone.

How to have only sound in earphone and not with monitors ?

Cheers

Push the volume knob to activate the headphone-volume setting (indicated with little dots on the display).

That way you got different settings for main output and headphone output.

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Gang, we are in a very rightful position to demand that Mytek provide updates and drivers in a reasonable timeframe, especially if music can't be enjoyed without them. However, I would caution what seems to be the latest demands:

- using the DAC without reading the manual

- installing non-Mytek drivers

It seems this hobby has enough moving parts, sometimes, without putting these obstacles in our own way.

BTW, I have seen Mytek's firewire driver 4.1.2, so it is very close (we needed it to help an owner get past some firmware issues in a beta multichannel setup). But it had bugs, was not ready for primetime, and was not what you want for playing music. We uninstalled it before going forward with music tests. That was last week so maybe it will be ready anytime now.