IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

Yo Esprit, the Italian guy who lives in a near paradise...we hear from Michal on the FW driver update for Integer Mode? I do not understand why this is so hard. Mytek + Weiss must account for thousands of music players and TC Electronics/DICE could get the code from Damien. WTF am I missing?

Spent a few days in the Alba area, as close as I got to where you are, and it was spectacular. Just beautiful countryside, culture, food and wine. Stayed in Monforte d'Alba...would love to spend a year there!!!

Tone with Soul

Wow, almost 3,000 replies and 117 pages in this thread! Simply out of curiosity, can someone provide a very quick summary of why this thread is so long?

I assume it is because Mytek 192 is the most popular dac here on CA, but not sure. Curiosity is killing this cat, but I don't have the better part of a day to read this thread :)

It also has me wondering, is this thread the longest in the history of CA?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Would anybody care to explain integer mode versus non integer mode? What "mode" is being used when not integer? What are the benefits of integer mode versus whatever else is being used? I know my current dac supports it but I don't think i've ever used/enabled it? I'm just curious because this thread is the only place I see "integer mode" constantly talked about.

Would anybody care to explain integer mode versus non integer mode? What "mode" is being used when not integer? What are the benefits of integer mode versus whatever else is being used? I know my current dac supports it but I don't think i've ever used/enabled it? I'm just curious because this thread is the only place I see "integer mode" constantly talked about.

Please look in to Audirvana Plus threads...

Roch

Great news for Windows + JRiver users. JRiver have just released a software updated for Media Centre v18 to allow DoP DSD over ASIO. Firewire software/(hardware?) doesn't allow DSD streaming in ASIO mode, can only be done through WASAPI mode. I Haven't tested the JRiver update yet, but will do tonight. if someone has tested, chime in.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

Great news for Windows + JRiver users. JRiver have just released a software updated for Media Centre v18 to allow DoP DSD over ASIO. Firewire software/(hardware?) doesn't allow DSD streaming in ASIO mode, can only be done through WASAPI mode. I Haven't tested the JRiver update yet, but will do tonight. if someone has tested, chime in.

Yes, with JRiver build 175 you pick ASIO, the Mytek firewire driver and DoP (not DSD as you would with the USBPAL driver) and it plays DSD fine. Not sure why this is such a breakthrough (WASAPI was fine), but whatever. I still prefer native DSD ASIO; USBPAL (true ASIO, DSD setting) plays DSD128 too.

Not sure why this is such a breakthrough (WASAPI was fine), but whatever. I still prefer native DSD ASIO; USBPAL (true ASIO, DSD setting) plays DSD128 too.

Fine is not great. It is a breakthrough. I use ASIO, so switching between modes was bloody annoying. USB not an option, firewire found superior. so yes, great news!

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

Fine is not great. It is a breakthrough. I use ASIO, so switching between modes was bloody annoying. USB not an option, firewire found superior. so yes, great news!

Let me be clear to readers: USB is indeed an option. It will run ASIO (DSD) or WASAPi/kernel, etc (DoP). Firewire now runs ASIO (DoP). if you were making your comments about your own preferences, please be clear cuz this forum is read by a lot of folks looking at the Mytek, and we need to be clear about options. I stated that I favor USB, but acknowledged that firewire works too. They both produce amazing DSD results (ok, that's not exactly objective, but what the heck :) )..

Yes folks. let be very clear on that. ASIO now with DoP DSD over firewire, what a breakthrough! :)

yes congrats to Matt and all at JRiver for getting DSD DoP working together with ASIO.

I'm purchased some DSD128 from Opus and am not able to play them in JRiver 18.175 using ASIO--Device=ASIO Mytek_Firewire and bitstreaming set to DSD over PCM or just DSD. I get the error "The ASIO device 'ASIO Mytek_Firewire" does not support the sample rate of 352800. Any ideas? I can play DSD64 fine with these same settings. I tried USB a few days ago and DSD128 played fine but I prefer FW.

thanks

Tony

I'm purchased some DSD128 from Opus and am not able to play them in JRiver 18.175 using ASIO--Device=ASIO Mytek_Firewire and bitstreaming set to DSD over PCM or just DSD. I get the error "The ASIO device 'ASIO Mytek_Firewire" does not support the sample rate of 352800. Any ideas? I can play DSD64 fine with these same settings. I tried USB a few days ago and DSD128 played fine but I prefer FW.

thanks

Tony

As I stated two of my posts up, DSD128 is not currently supported for firewire ASIO DoP (3.5.6), just USBPAL ASIO. I will try 4.1.2 and see if Blaine78 is right about it being the driver.

Just set up DSD over ASIO and FW on my system and I like it. I don't have a Sotm USB card in my system, so FW sounds best.

Before I had issues with DSD playback whenever I wasn't playing one continuous album - lots of pops between songs (also over USB) and some issues with JRemote/JRiver crashing if I tried to fast forward a song. This new driver for ASIO seems to have solved all those issues for me.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

sorry, I deleted the post as i realised you are trying to playback DSD128. I haven't tested DSD128, only DSD64. Ted_b is right about it not being able to do DSD128 via firewire. i could be wrong, but I think the TC dice firewire chip doesn't support higher than 192khz and DSD64. USB does though.

by the way, where did you pickup 1.7.2 firmware? not available on mytek site yet, or that i can see.