IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

Do you eperience the faint white noise issue in 1.7.3?

Got a lot of white noise/ static/ hiss with the dsd5.6! No problems with dsd2.8, though I'm using Mytek pre at moment, with Naq pre in for upgrade, & extra res there might reveal something faint.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Think I found fix - simply changed Audirvana pref from 'auto dsd detect' to 'DoP over PCM 1.0'! Didn't know option was there; had no need for it of course. Could have been dropped in on recent versions.

Sounding tres nice indeed!

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

I assume that this dsd option isn't playing it at dsd2.8? - I am getting the 176 on Mytek screen.

Yep, definitely just dsd2.8 - or pcm? Sounding good cos it wasn't hissing at me. Hmmm ....

I'm now using the USB1 input. It's driverless. It's integer with Audirvana. It's another world but it's limited to 96/24 (I also have a lot of noise trying listening to SACD converted to PCM).

I do not like the idea of ​​having to look for another DAC but does not make much sense to give up listening better.

Will be an hard decision...

Hi petecare, I did not like the hiFace2 with the Mytek. Not enough focus compared to firewire (in my setup).

I probably need a better interface but why spend a lot of money for an external interface?

Today I'm listening only SD files and after some testing (FW or USB) I'm using the USB1

The "integer mode test" is immediate because I have only to check the Audivana preferences

Found a couple of bugs with 1.7.3b2 firmware.

1) playing a 44.1 PCM file, randomly sound muted for a second, and the display changed to DSD, audio still played fine. restarted mytek, and happened again.

2) a very rare bug where the sound will drop out (mute) for a second on 2 certain 44.1 PCM audio files. Have tried different software players, same thing. So i tried to deliberately change from bit-perfect play to processed i.e. turned down the volume in JRiver volume, and song played fine, no drop-outs, at same time position. this particular issue is not new for v1.7.3b2, had this issue also with v1.7.1

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

A bit more information to the issues i put forward in the above post. Seems certain PCM tracks (songs) will change the display to DSD. nothing unusual about the material i'm playing. Seems Mytek is sensitive to certain frequency or binary combinations in the datastream that will trigger either a mute, or to display DSD.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

Blaine,

would you care to share some examples / tracks for testing purposes?

What tracks give you these problems?

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Hi petecare, I did not like the hiFace2 with the Mytek. Not enough focus compared to firewire (in my setup).

I probably need a better interface but why spend a lot of money for an external interface?

Today I'm listening only SD files and after some testing (FW or USB) I'm using the USB1

The "integer mode test" is immediate because I have only to check the Audivana preferences

Thanks you very much Esprit, in some later posts you had wrote that some interface (usb/spdif) could be interesting

to have "integer mode" with A+

It's not the case with Hiface 2...And othesr usb/spdif interfaces are expensive for sure.

Now I tested the USB1 and A+ with the rights settings. Great difference ! more focus and detailed sounds.

What is "SD files" ? files on a Secure Digital ?

@ blaine78

I have the same issue with the 1.7.3b2 firmware. Sound muted for a second and display changing to DSD. Music seems playing without difference. Software A+ 1.4.6 (downloading A+ 1.4.9.9 and not tested with Mytek 1.7.3b2)

I had ask to Damien . He don't tested this firmware version . But nevertheless, on Fidelia software no bugs or issues ...With the same audio files.

Have a nice day

Blaine,

would you care to share some examples / tracks for testing purposes?

What tracks give you these problems?

Hi,

this track is best example

Artist: Four Tet

Album: 0181

Track: 0181 (and time position 11m50s is having the problems with both DSD switching and LOT of muting on/off)

this will need to be a bit perfect lossless version of this track, playing directly without processing to mytek.

I can send someone an edited version of this track via email for testing purposes.

Hi Esprit, my fellow italian guy! I tried the Mytek and the Hiface 2 to have integer mode in A+ and actually preferred it to Firewire (in my system), and I am currently using this setup. I guess I should try the USB 1.1 to see if there are any changes...

Such a bad weather these days, going to stay home listening to music...

with

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

The Mytek is saying no Lock, I tried the same cable in other devices but it works with no issues. I am wondering I have been doing wrong.

But you have changed your Input selection to USB?

Mine shows a samplerate when switched to USB (USB 2.0 in my case), and that is how it is intended, as the Mytek switches to "internal sync" when used with USB connections.

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

But you have changed your Input selection to USB?

Mine shows a samplerate when switched to USB (USB 2.0 in my case), and that is how it is intended, as the Mytek switches to "internal sync" when used with USB connections.

Yes I only use the port usb 2.0 and select USB2 on the Mytek inputs.

I made another cable with a different connector (just to isolate the issue if its the connectors however its the same thing).

When I plug in the Wireworld usb cable back to the Mytek it functions without any issues.

One thing I noticed that the Wireworld ( or any other USB cables) has its metal case is connected whereas the pure silver cable I made has no connection at all on the metal case but just limited to the 4pins.

Please help.