IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

Yes I only use the port usb 2.0 and select USB2 on the Mytek inputs.

I made another cable with a different connector (just to isolate the issue if its the connectors however its the same thing).

When I plug in the Wireworld usb cable back to the Mytek it functions without any issues.

One thing I noticed that the Wireworld ( or any other USB cables) has its metal case is connected whereas the pure silver cable I made has no connection at all on the metal case but just limited to the 4pins.

Please help.

If you have an ohm meter, check continuity of each pin from one side of the cable to the other side, if you haven't already done so.

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

If you have an ohm meter, check continuity of each pin from one side of the cable to the other side, if you haven't already done so.

Jim

Yes using a multimeter. ..continuity for the 4 pins are connected and in the right location.

Still does not work.

Yes using a multimeter. ..continuity for the 4 pins are connected and in the right location.

Still does not work.

Rattosecond;

Hmmmm, Well, if other usb cables work, and you have checked your modified cable and all pins are connected properly and there is continuity for all the pins, then there is only one thing left to check, that is the metal jacket. If we are on the same page here about the metal case, it is grounded with all cables I have ever checked.

Try with alligator clips or whatever to ground the casing ( to pin 4), and that would have to do it, unless you've missed something in doing your continuity test. I suppose the isolation of the casing is part or all of the intent of your mod? If so there are other things that can be done to attenuate ground noise from the comp..

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

Hi, I'm using both USB2 and FW connections on mytek.

I like the DSD "ASIO Native" support on USB2 that there is no sample rate changes/playback interruption when ff/rewind or change songs in Foobar2000. But FW can only use "DSD over PCM" with all the sample rate changes and interruptions when ff/rewind or change songs. And I’m loving FW playback due to it sounds better on my system.

Hopefully, mytek can release a new FW firmware with the latest TCAT 4.1.2 driver to support DSD “ASIO Native” support!

PC (64-bit Win8.1 RTM, foobar2000 ASIO Native DSD) -> USB2 -> Mytek 192 DSD DAC -> XLR -> ADAM S3X-H & RCA -> Lehmannaudio Blackcube Linear -> HD650

Hi, I'm using both USB2 and FW connections on mytek.

I like the DSD "ASIO Native" support on USB2 that there is no sample rate changes/playback interruption when ff/rewind or change songs in Foobar2000. But FW can only use "DSD over PCM" with all the sample rate changes and interruptions when ff/rewind or change songs. And I’m loving FW playback due to it sounds better on my system.

Hopefully, mytek can release a new FW firmware with the latest TCAT 4.1.2 driver to support DSD “ASIO Native” support!

I'm trying hard to look through the pages, and found there are already firmware 1.7.2/1.7.3b2 and latest firewire driver 4.0.0/4.1.2 available for some beta testers, could you kindly confirm whether the latest FW/driver combinations have already get "ASIO Native" DSD support on firewire?

PC (64-bit Win8.1 RTM, foobar2000 ASIO Native DSD) -> USB2 -> Mytek 192 DSD DAC -> XLR -> ADAM S3X-H & RCA -> Lehmannaudio Blackcube Linear -> HD650

I'm trying hard to look through the pages, and found there are already firmware 1.7.2/1.7.3b2 and latest firewire driver 4.0.0/4.1.2 available for some beta testers, could you kindly confirm whether the latest FW/driver combinations have already get "ASIO Native" DSD support on firewire?

No the Firewire ASIO driver does not support Native DSD. There is a function on the driver which is called SupportDSDFormat. It returns No. This is true of both the Mytek and Weiss drivers (the latter as of v4.1.2.16632). The driver does not know how to interpret DSD streams. You will have to talk to the manufacturers of the DICE hardware to make them support native DSD using ASIO.

See the image below the SupportDSDFormat function returns No.

Mytek_FW_ASIO.jpg

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com

No the Firewire ASIO driver does not support Native DSD. There is a function on the driver which is called SupportDSDFormat. It returns No. This is true of both the Mytek and Weiss drivers (the latter as of v4.1.2.16632). The driver does not know how to interpret DSD streams. You will have to talk to the manufacturers of the DICE hardware to make them support native DSD using ASIO.

See the image below the SupportDSDFormat function returns No.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5623[/ATTACH]

Hi, thanks for your info.

IMHO, in theory, encapsulate DSD in PCM before transmitting and then extract it in DAC will cause jitter and negative impact to sound quality. I don't know how to write DICE to let them implement ASIO Native DSD support in its FW driver.

I'm thinking to buy a good quality USB A-B cable (like Oyaide Continental 5S?) to switch to USB2 connection. USB2 can support ASIO Native DSD well.

Also, in your picture, the "SupportPCMFormat" is also NO?

Rattosecond;

Hmmmm, Well, if other usb cables work, and you have checked your modified cable and all pins are connected properly and there is continuity for all the pins, then there is only one thing left to check, that is the metal jacket. If we are on the same page here about the metal case, it is grounded with all cables I have ever checked.

Try with alligator clips or whatever to ground the casing ( to pin 4), and that would have to do it, unless you've missed something in doing your continuity test. I suppose the isolation of the casing is part or all of the intent of your mod? If so there are other things that can be done to attenuate ground noise from the comp..

Jim

I grounded the 4th pin to the metal casing of both end still the same 'no Lock'

Isolation of the casing is not part of the mod. I just intended it to run the data signals on pure silver that's it. I have made another cable but same results...

Please help on what USB wire should be terminated to which pin.

I grounded the 4th pin to the metal casing of both end still the same 'no Lock'

Isolation of the casing is not part of the mod. I just intended it to run the data signals on pure silver that's it. I have made another cable but same results...

Please help on what USB wire should be terminated to which pin.

Well Ratosecond, I just took a a modified usb cable that I have here, with only data lines connected, that is pin 2 & 3, with the Mytek, from usb per an Asus pc, and it works just fine. The Mytek has it's won 5 volts for usb implementation and doesn't need usb 5 v.

I don't understand what your asking about? Pin 2 (- data) from usb A needs to be connected to pin 2 of usb B, and the same for pin 3 (+ data). It's simpler than 1 + 1...

I can't see what your doing from here. I don't mean to offend you, but possibly you should print a pin out, and take your cable down to a tv repair shop and let the tech check it for you, continuity and that pin 2 is to 2 and 3 to 3.. While he is checking it, have him move and twist the cable a bit to make sure you do not have an intermittent open of one of the data lines.

Jim

Another thing to check Rattosecond, that should have been checked when you finished initial work on cable is, are there any shorts between data cables or with anything other than 2 to 2 and 3 to 3? I hope you understand what I mean. If your not it will be worth your time to find someone to help you that is familiar with this kind of thing. Good luck, let us know how it goes. :0)

Jim

Come on mytek TIME FOR long promised DRIVERS AND FIRMWARE. Have you stopped supporting this DAC? Time to get the word out NOT to buy this product.

Why such an extreme response? So the MYTEK drivers aren't perfect. Big deal. Still a great piece of equipment that gives a lot of performance and features for the dollar.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I need an information: I am using the USB1 input (Integer Mode with Audirvana Plus), I have the firmaware 1.7.1 (I do not know where to find a newer one...).

I noticed that the upsample is always "on" and I can not turn it off.

Is this correct? It also happens with your Mytek?

It seems to me strange that I can not use that input without upsampling...

I need an information: I am using the USB1 input (Integer Mode with Audirvana Plus), I have the firmaware 1.7.1 (I do not know where to find a newer one...).

I noticed that the upsample is always "on" and I can not turn it off.

Is this correct? It also happens with your Mytek?

It seems to me strange that I can not use that input without upsampling...

Hi Silvio,

We suggest using USB 2.0. With USB 1.1 upsampling is fixed to "on", because of too much jitter using this computer interface.

Best regards

Adam

Mytek Digital Tech Support (Europe)

Tel: +48 22 823 72 38

Open support ticket:

http://mytekdigital.com/ost/open.php

www.mytekdigital.com

Hi Adam,

first of all, TNX for the info about upsampling (no way to turn it off on USB1, I thought I was stupid not to be able to do it or that my unit was broken :) ).

Then: I'm using the Firewire on the Mytek since 2011 (I don't like USB).

The problem is that I want to use the integer mode on the Mac.

It's possible only on USB1 (96/24 only).

I have some options: convert myself to Windows :( or buy an external interface (more or less expensive...) or take a look around and find another DAC.

Anyway it's a difficult choice :D

Ciao

P.S. There is an official latest firmware (newer than 1.7.1)?

P.S. There is an official latest firmware (newer than 1.7.1)?

I thank you Silvio for such great contact.

Last official firmware released until today is 1.7.1.

Newer one is being tested right now. There were many issues that we solved in release we're talking about that's why it was taking so long. I'm sorry. I would be glad if I could provide you the new firmware this friday. I will do my best.

Best regards

Adam Bielewicz

Open support ticket:

www.mytekdigital.com

I thank you Silvio for such great contact.

I would be glad if I could provide you the new firmware this friday. I will do my best.

Hi, is that okay to also send me the new firmware on Friday? I'm now using 1.7.3b2, it works fine and would like to use newer ones when available, I've send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks so much!

Hi, is that okay to also send me the new firmware on Friday? I'm now using 1.7.3b2, it works fine and would like to use newer ones when available, I've send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

I meant that it should be released this Friday, so available to download from our website this Friday. I hope we will manage to do it.

Best regards

Adam Bielewicz

Open support ticket:

www.mytekdigital.com

The problem is that I want to use the integer mode on the Mac.

It's possible only on USB1 (96/24 only).

I have some options: convert myself to Windows :( or buy an external interface (more or less expensive...) or take a look around and find another DAC.

Anyway it's a difficult choice :D

Another option: just forget about integer mode and enjoy the amazing product you now own.

I have been consistently astonished with how great my Mytek sounds. Given the price, it's still hard for me to believe it can be so musical.

If you are looking to squeeze more out of the Mytek, consider focusing your attention on better cabling (interconnects & power cord) and on resonance control. I just don't see how one can be disappointed with the Mytek lacking integer mode given the way mine is now performing.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Another option: just forget about integer mode and enjoy the amazing product you now own.
I'm using the Mytek since 2011. I use pro products (from cables to speakers). I'm listening to SD files, in this days, using USB1. I like what I get from "integer mode". It's an hobby non a work or a duty. Good Night :)

There is major issue for mytek USB2 driver under 64-bit Windows 8. Sometimes, Win 8 can't recognize the device, and if this happens, in Device Manager, there is a device (with yellow !) called "Stereo 192-DSD DAC Device" directly under PC and is not under "Sound, video and game controllers".

There is no such issue under 64-bit Windows 7. Please update your USB2 driver for Windows 8 compatibility since Windows 8 has been released for nearly a year.

Thanks!

There is major issue for mytek USB2 driver under 64-bit Windows 8. Sometimes, Win 8 can't recognize the device, and if this happens, in Device Manager, there is a device (with yellow !) called "Stereo 192-DSD DAC Device" directly under PC and is not under "Sound, video and game controllers".

There is no such issue under 64-bit Windows 7. Please update your USB2 driver for Windows 8 compatibility since Windows 8 has been released for nearly a year.

Thanks!

Been using Windows 8 Pro 64bit for a couple months and have had no issues with Mytek USB2 drivers. I expect issues may vary given different components and configurations.

Thanks!

This happens to me when the USB cable is connected and then I switch on the Mytek. It is better to switch on the Mytek and only then connect the USB.

Found this on a chinese (?) forum from beta testers about the new firmware :

1.7.3 / 2013-05-02

Changes:

1. fixed mutting of headphone outputs while using quick input menu

2. reduced front panel clock frequency in order to make the device work reliably with older PCB versions

v1.7.2 / 2013-03-26

Changes:

1. Changed PCM meters

2. Removed 12.5kHz display clock

3. reduced DSD PCM clicks with ASIO

4. fixed cutting the beginning of DSD material bug

5. added L-R, mono, M-S functions to DSD playback

6. Added support for DSD128 via FW

7. Fixed restore defaults in firmware menu bug

8. Added wck sync for USB2.0

9. Changed input function

10. fixed DSD meters

NO integer mode for USB2 and FW :(

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

Re question from "test" and "indistorm", I understand that it is best to have Mytek connected to PC and powered before running MC, etc. This has seemed to work fine for me.

Have been using Firmware V1.7.1 over USB2.0 with MC18 and Win7-64Bit for some time now thanks to tech support from Chebon, Danilo, and even Michal on occasion. With explosion of interest in DSD, I am sure these guys are busier than one-armed-paperhangers but, with patience, questions are being addressed. Listening to music in the interim does "soothe the savage breast". :-)

Thoroughly enjoy listening to various formats...even Red Book PCM sounds better to me and others than what I get with my expensive, but long-in-the-tooth, Esoteric UX-3. I now bypass the internal UX-3 DAC and use the Mytek for Red Book. Real attraction for me was 1xDSD and 2xDSD playback capability at reasonable price. Just downloaded Keith Greeninger "Event 20" from Blue Coast...paid for DSD and got 2xDSD as bonus with purchase (Offer good til May 31). Both myself and another audiophile listener definitely thought that 2xDSD had more ease, presence, better soundstage and detail than even 1xDSD. Having files with same provenance in multiple formats is great for assessment, e.g., Blue Coast offers "freebies" in 44.1, 24/96, and DSD.

I too am looking forward to imminent release of latest firmware but have a couple of questions...

(1) Having never done this, is there a procedure for installing the firmware updates?

(2) Is there a way to revert to a previous version of firmware if warranted/desired?

(3) I am getting pretty loud pops on my audio system when starting/ending both 1xDSD and, now, 2xDSD playback or transitioning between these cuts but not with other formats. Any idea what is causing this and, more importantly, is there a fix?

Thanks.