IGNORED

GentooPlayer

On 7/10/2020 at 11:59 PM, DomieMic65 said:

After some trial and error I managed to setup librespot.

I noticed though that my DAC locks in 48KHz when using Spotify connect to Gentooplayer.

When playing from the Spotty LMS plugin it locks in 44.1KHz.

The librespot configuration file is set up as the instructions nothing more.

Does anyone have this issue?

if you want it to exit 44100 you have to use as device instead of default plughw

--device default:CARD=...

--device plughw:CARD=...

Dear Antonio,

First of all let me thank you for the great job you are handling. 

I'm contacting you cause i'm facing an issue with librespot.

Anytime i reboot my player  (usbridge signature), librespot is not working. I had a look at the librespot service status at startup (runlevel default) and this one has a status "crashed".

Each time i reboot the player, i've to manually stop and start again Librespot service to make it working.

# At GP startup
GentooPlayerRpi64 ~ # rc-service librespot status
GentooPlayerRpi64 ~ # rc-service librespot start
 * WARNING: librespot has already been started

# manual restart of libresport service does the trick. 
GentooPlayerRpi64 ~ # rc-service librespot stop
 * Stopping Librespot ...
 * start-stop-daemon: no matching processes found                         [ ok ]
 * Starting librespot ...                                                 [ ok ]

It's a while i'm facing this issue, even when i was using spotifyd with GP 2.13 (now i moved to librespot)

Fyi, i'm running GentooPlayer 2.15. Player has a static IP.

Can you please help?

Grazie mille. Tanti saluti dal Belgio 😉 

2 hours ago, LeLoud said:

Dear Antonio,

First of all let me thank you for the great job you are handling. 

I'm contacting you cause i'm facing an issue with librespot.

Anytime i reboot my player  (usbridge signature), librespot is not working. I had a look at the librespot service status at startup (runlevel default) and this one has a status "crashed".

Each time i reboot the player, i've to manually stop and start again Librespot service to make it working.

# At GP startup
 * WARNING: librespot has already been started

# manual restart of libresport service does the trick. 
GentooPlayerRpi64 ~ # rc-service librespot stop
 * Stopping Librespot ...
 * start-stop-daemon: no matching processes found                         [ ok ]
 * Starting librespot ...                                                 [ ok ]

It's a while i'm facing this issue, even when i was using spotifyd with GP 2.13 (now i moved to librespot)

Fyi, i'm running GentooPlayer 2.15. Player has a static IP.

Can you please help?

Grazie mille. Tanti saluti dal Belgio 😉 

try editing the file:

nano /etc/init.d/librespot

and change it like this:

image.png.60083f44ed198a3d993dc7af958f8fe1.png

reboot

let me know if it works...

Hi

I'm trying to run the X86 version of Gentooplayer on my Asrock J3455B motherboard.  I've done the setup and RoonBridge and MPD both work fine, but I can't get either Squeezelite or Squeezelite-R2 to work.  LMS and Roon both recognise the player, but when I select the track nothing plays.

The Squeezelite-R2 log shows "process:498 unhandled vers" followed by multiple "alsa_open:483 channel count not available: Invalid argument" messages.  The Squeezelite has an additional "_check_header:179 unknown format - can't parse header" message.

The card is an EVGA Nu-Audio.

Anyone come across this, or have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Alan

13 minutes ago, the_bat said:

Hi

I'm trying to run the X86 version of Gentooplayer on my Asrock J3455B motherboard.  I've done the setup and RoonBridge and MPD both work fine, but I can't get either Squeezelite or Squeezelite-R2 to work.  LMS and Roon both recognise the player, but when I select the track nothing plays.

The Squeezelite-R2 log shows "process:498 unhandled vers" followed by multiple "alsa_open:483 channel count not available: Invalid argument" messages.  The Squeezelite has an additional "_check_header:179 unknown format - can't parse header" message.

The card is an EVGA Nu-Audio.

Anyone come across this, or have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Alan

use this function

guide

Thanks.  Unfortunately none of that helped.

I know the card only has very rudimentary Linux support, so I suspect it's not reporting something in the format that the Squeze emulator is expecting.

Please don't waste any more time on it.

Alan

Hi @antonellocaroli,

A few of us are using Startech Fiber NIC cards with GentooPlayer successfully, with the PF-ST Kernel.

Would it be at all possible to configure/install a peripheral like this while using a better sounding "Min" kernel?

I get that the idea of the MIN kernels is to strip away unneeded software/processes, but, could one use a MIN kernel as a basis and add only required features manually? Such as support for PCI-E fiber NIC/USB cards?

Thanks,

-Rob

Hi, I'm currently on a NUC7i7 running Euphony. You all have really piqued my interest about GP and I want to try it out.

On the download page there are four versions for X86, two BIOS and two UEFI. Which version do I use?

Also, it seems like the web interface is only accessibly though a PC or PC tablet and not on Mac OS or IOS, is that right?

Thanks! 

Excited to try this out, even though I just paid for the full version of Euphony!

5 hours ago, Exocer said:

Hi @antonellocaroli,

A few of us are using Startech Fiber NIC cards with GentooPlayer successfully, with the PF-ST Kernel.

Would it be at all possible to configure/install a peripheral like this while using a better sounding "Min" kernel?

I get that the idea of the MIN kernels is to strip away unneeded software/processes, but, could one use a MIN kernel as a basis and add only required features manually? Such as support for PCI-E fiber NIC/USB cards?

Thanks,

-Rob

no, you can't enter it manually.
I can add it to the next kernels if you put me the results of (on PF-ST kernel)
lsmod
and

lspci -v

or the links that create you wgetpaste

wgetpaste -c 'lsmod'

wgetpaste -c 'lspci -v'

30 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

Nevermind I just went with UEFI embedded. I can't believe what a snap this is to set up. 

Any recommendations on a good sounding kernel?

https://sites.google.com/view/gentooplayer-documentation/installation

you can try using kernels that have "core" in the description...

https://sites.google.com/view/gentooplayer-documentation/info-system/kernel

Thanks Antonello. 

I have GP up and running and recognized on my MPD controller app. 

I'm stuck at getting it to recognize my EXFAT SD Card. I see from the wiki that I need to install FUSE. Is this something I can do from the web app or do I need to setup a keyboard and monitor?

If I can't get this to work, what file systems does GP recognize by default without any further configuration? 

33 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

I'm stuck at getting it to recognize my EXFAT SD Card. I see from the wiki that I need to install FUSE. Is this something I can do from the web app or do I need to setup a keyboard and monitor?

no, you don't need a keyboard and a monitor, but you should establish an ssh connection from another computer...
and then:

emerge --sync

emerge --ask sys-fs/fuse-exfat
emerge --ask sys-fs/exfat-utils

If I can't get this to work, what file systems does GP recognize by default without any further configuration? 

https://sites.google.com/view/gentooplayer-documentation/info-system/filesystem-supported

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

no, you can't enter it manually.
I can add it to the next kernels if you put me the results of (on PF-ST kernel)
lsmod
and

lspci -v

or the links that create you wgetpaste

wgetpaste -c 'lsmod'

wgetpaste -c 'lspci -v'

wgetpaste -c 'lsmod'

wgetpaste -c 'lspci -v'

Please note, I also have a PCI-E USB card installed which also does not work with Min kernals. It would be great if support for this card can also be added.

Thanks,

-Rob

11 minutes ago, Exocer said:

wgetpaste -c 'lsmod'

wgetpaste -c 'lspci -v'

Please note, I also have a PCI-E USB card installed which also does not work with Min kernals. It would be great if support for this card can also be added.

Thanks,

-Rob

are both installed and functioning at the time you gave lspci -v?

can you also post lspci -v from a kernel where they don't work?

14 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

are both installed and functioning at the time you gave lspci -v?

can you also post lspci -v from a kernel where they don't work?

Yes, both devices appear here: https://dpaste.com/ED7NV4AT4

At the bottom of this page. I am now noticing they share the same IRQ of 16. The Startech network card uses a Realtek chipset. The USB card uses the ASM3142 chipset.

Also worth noting, the chipset for the USB controller shows as ASM 2142 instead of ASM 3142 (I physically validated it is the latter, 3412 chipset).

Will gather the other output for you this evening. Thanks

31 minutes ago, Exocer said:

I was shocked to see them in the min Kernel as well. Maybe the issue is on my end.

try this:

mount /boot
cd /tmp
wget https://github.com/antonellocaroli/kernel-test/releases/download/PF-TEST/PF-TEST.tar.xz

tar xvf PF-TEST.tar.xz --xattrs --numeric-owner -C /
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

in the kernel list you should find a PF-TEST kernel

Just now, antonellocaroli said:

try this:

mount /boot
cd /tmp
wget https://github.com/antonellocaroli/kernel-test/releases/download/PF-TEST/PF-TEST.tar.xz

tar xvf PF-TEST.tar.xz --xattrs --numeric-owner -C /
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

in the kernel list you should find a PF-TEST kernel

Will try this tomorrow evening.

Other things to note:

Although both devices appear in Min and ST Kernel, the list of items beneath each device within the min Kernel is shorter.

• Among the missing items is "Kernel Modules" from the min Kernel. Meanwhile, Kernel modules appear in ST Kernel.
    • Kernel modules: xhci_pci (For USB)
    • Kernel modules: r8169 (For Network card)

4 minutes ago, Exocer said:

Will try this tomorrow evening.

Other things to note:

Although both devices appear in Min and ST Kernel, the list of items beneath each device within the min Kernel is shorter.

• Among the missing items is "Kernel Modules" from the min Kernel. Meanwhile, Kernel modules appear in ST Kernel.
    • Kernel modules: xhci_pci (For USB)
    • Kernel modules: r8169 (For Network card)

you don't see the module because in the Minimal kernel they are not compiled as modules, but "statically" in the kernel...
so you only see the driver...

the list is shorter, if I didn't see it wrong, because the debugging part of the kernel is missing... it shouldn't be a problem...

On 7/16/2020 at 2:42 PM, antonellocaroli said:

if you want it to exit 44100 you have to use as device instead of default plughw

--device default:CARD=...

--device plughw:CARD=...

I will try as soon as I get back home in about a month or so.... 

thank you!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

22 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

you don't see the module because in the Minimal kernel they are not compiled as modules, but "statically" in the kernel...
so you only see the driver...

the list is shorter, if I didn't see it wrong, because the debugging part of the kernel is missing... it shouldn't be a problem...

I followed your instructions and I am able to boot into PF-Test Kernel with networking and sound functionality.

PF-Test Snapshot.JPG