IGNORED

GentooPlayer

15 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

He asks you for your password because I no longer develop scripts for versions prior to version 3.0, which was released recently.
With version 3.0 some things have changed...
image.png.e37f711022344668741c8313048c7198.png

OK!

I sent you an email!

Thanks!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

I’m a complete GP noob. I must be missing missing the bleeding obvious.... So apologies ...

I’m trying with the older, 2.3 version, as I don’t have a registration for 3 version. 

I used the default kernel.  

Having seemingly connected my Synology NAS via NFS, I’ve been unable to get my library to show up (MPD or LMS). 

Running the system check, I could see that the software was installed, the NAS and USB DAC was recognised, 

I have installed LMS/Squeezelite R2, MPD, UPMPDCLI. 

iPeng seemed to suggest there were artists, but no albums would show up when artists were selected. When playing digital radio, I wouldn’t get any music. nothing would show up on Soundirok. 

I was able to get the NAS library showing up with Snakeoil and Daphile. Repeated restarts and a couple reinstalls didn’t help. 

Any suggestions are appreciated 🙏

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

@antonellocaroli and all...

Ever since I learned about Ravenna protocol I got very interested to it and I was/am hopping that DAC manufacturers and software developers will adopt it sometime!

Anyway... as RP is available in Gentooplayer does anyone know/tried any real world priced DAC (or interface) that can be used with Gentooplayer?

Thank you!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

4 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

@antonellocaroli and all...

Ever since I learned about Ravenna protocol I got very interested to it and I was/am hopping that DAC manufacturers and software developers will adopt it sometime!

Anyway... as RP is available in Gentooplayer does anyone know/tried any real world priced DAC (or interface) that can be used with Gentooplayer?

Thank you!

Ravenna is an owner protocol.
As far as I know it only works with their products and I don't think it is sold to other products, ergo you have to use their product, rightly so.

9 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Ravenna is an owner protocol.
As far as I know it only works with their products and I don't think it is sold to other products, ergo you have to use their product, rightly so.

I know that it's coming from Merging if I am not wrong but I thought that it's an open source project... No?

I searched again and I see that they introduced the Anubis interface. Still expensive(too expensive for me at the moment) but somehow more real world than their other interfaces!

What about Dante? 

Hi,

I’m trying to get GP 3.0 started on a raspberry pi 4. (A new one, with a new SD Card, downloaded the proper image..) Power supply is a MeanWell 3 amp switching PS connected by a usb cable to RPi. 

I’m using etcher on Mac to copy the image on the SD card. 

The problem is, the raspberry does not boot from the SD card. The green LED blinks 4 times repeatedly like if there was no SD card. 

I downloaded Hi-Fi Berry OS to see if the new raspberry or the SD card is faulty, but this works right away. 
I tried it a second time. Still the same problem. 

What’s really strange is:

i already had a RPi4 with GP2.13 up and running some months ago. I even made a copy from that working image. So I copied the stored image to the new SD card hoping this would work, but no. Still the same blinking as if no SD card in RPi. 

Did someone encountered the same problem and might help?

Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, Jan.ho said:

Hi,

I’m trying to get GP 3.0 started on a raspberry pi 4. (A new one, with a new SD Card, downloaded the proper image..) Power supply is a MeanWell 3 amp switching PS connected by a usb cable to RPi. 

I’m using etcher on Mac to copy the image on the SD card. 

The problem is, the raspberry does not boot from the SD card. The green LED blinks 4 times repeatedly like if there was no SD card. 

I downloaded Hi-Fi Berry OS to see if the new raspberry or the SD card is faulty, but this works right away. 
I tried it a second time. Still the same problem. 

What’s really strange is:

i already had a RPi4 with GP2.13 up and running some months ago. I even made a copy from that working image. So I copied the stored image to the new SD card hoping this would work, but no. Still the same blinking as if no SD card in RPi. 

Did someone encountered the same problem and might help?

Thanks. 

Be warned, the first time it resizes the root.... so part of it restarts, restarts and then normal part....

1 minute ago, antonellocaroli said:

Be warned, the first time it resizes the root.... so part of it restarts, restarts and then normal part....

I know that, and I waited for 10 minutes to do so. But sill nothing. 
16gb. 

and even so, the copy that I made was resized already. The copy had 16gb. But as I said. Both does not work. 

GentooPlayerRpi64 ~ # gp-update

Local overlay and gentooplayer scripts will be updated

[OK]

Cloning into 'GP-overlay'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 94, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (94/94), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (75/75), done.
remote: Total 3073 (delta 40), reused 58 (delta 17), pack-reused 2979
Receiving objects: 100% (3073/3073), 697.95 KiB | 1.63 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1810/1810), done.

[OK]

Cloning into 'GP-script-2'...
Username for 'https://github.com':

And after... i'm waiting ;)

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

3 minutes ago, Zauurx said:

GentooPlayerRpi64 ~ # gp-update

Local overlay and gentooplayer scripts will be updated

[OK]

Cloning into 'GP-overlay'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 94, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (94/94), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (75/75), done.
remote: Total 3073 (delta 40), reused 58 (delta 17), pack-reused 2979
Receiving objects: 100% (3073/3073), 697.95 KiB | 1.63 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1810/1810), done.

[OK]

Cloning into 'GP-script-2'...
Username for 'https://github.com':

And after... i'm waiting ;)

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55235-gentooplayer/?do=findComment&comment=1081146

I want to give a big thanks to @antonellocarolifor his work setting up my system. He put a lot of time and effort into all my ineptitude. 

Now, I’m able to play in RAM mode. (To my great surprise, I cant say I heard a difference than when booting from an SSD USB stick). 

As keeping power low is critical in my system, I was relieved to be able to limit the CPU speeds. 

This simple script works for RAM mode — but you have to save it to RAM, reboot, then boot to RAM mode again... (obviously, you can set it to whatever you want.. my 8550U suggested this as a possible speed, but don’t think that matters). 

cpupower frequency-set -u 819MHz

I look forward to some kernel rolling. But must backup my system first... trying 13 on v2.3 killed it... so that’s when I but the bullet in v3. 

having some kind of trial period would make sense. Everyone has different needs. I think GP will work very well for me.. but my stupidity may mean it takes me some time to work through the kinks... 🙃

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Does ramsystem affect Spotify connect?

After I put system in ram mode it worked for sometime and then disappeared from the Spotify connect devices.

I mainly use Mode 1

Thnx

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

ok,
gp-update > ramdisk reset
should solve...

OK .. Thank you!

I will try!!!

Noob question: how can I get the cover art to show up using MPD?

I am using Soundirok currently.   

I have cover art included in most album folders, but some is embedded within the track file. I have most of my music on a (synology) NAS and the rest on the GP PC (on a separate TF card).

i tried the IP address that my NAS is mounted on ((GP IP)/mnt/samba/Music_1) and the direct IP address of the music folder. No joy. 

Sorry to complicate the post with a second question.... 

My first attempt changing kernels with GP v2.3 killed the system. Has anyone had such dire problems when trying different kernels? If not, I'd like to try some of the RT kernels (using the one RT kernel offered on Daphile certainly made a difference on my rig). 

9 hours ago, odelay said:

I am using Soundirok currently.   

I have cover art included in most album folders, but some is embedded within the track file. I have most of my music on a (synology) NAS and the rest on the GP PC (on a separate TF card).

i tried the IP address that my NAS is mounted on ((GP IP)/mnt/samba/Music_1) and the direct IP address of the music folder. No joy. 

Mpd, in GP, is already set to find files in mounted disks and mounted NAS shares.
Just do a database update from the client, do not need to set any path. Mpd automatically sends the covers to the client.

I usually have the image as folder.jpg in the album folder.
image.thumb.png.25fcd165028f8d59035044fda2a507af.png

8 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Mpd, in GP, is already set to find files in mounted disks and mounted NAS shares.
Just do a database update from the client, do not need to set any path. Mpd automatically sends the covers to the client.

I usually have the image as folder.jpg in the album folder.
image.thumb.png.25fcd165028f8d59035044fda2a507af.png

on some mobile or tablet applications you have to enable album art settings, when they use a cache to store them...I don't know Soundirok