IGNORED

GentooPlayer

19 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

@antonellocaroli
The issue I have with the system sticking to past dates, not being able to “gp-update” without giving the “chronyd” command first remains!

Is there any solution?

Thank you!!

you use the ramsystem?
try a ramsystem reset

otherwise you're gonna have to give the crhonyd command once in a while...

24 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

you use the ramsystem?
try a ramsystem reset

otherwise you're gonna have to give the crhonyd command once in a while...

I use ramsystem but not constantly! I always reset ramsystem before enabling it!

All I said above are without ramsystem!

OK... "chronyd" it is then!

Thnx!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

19 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

let me see if I can replicate the problem you can post the result of these commands:

emerge --search net-misc/chrony

and 

rc-update show -v

static ip or dhcp?

How does mympd access control through the webpage? The IP of gentooplayer cannot enter the control!

On 5/12/2020 at 2:56 PM, antonellocaroli said:

let me see if I can replicate the problem you can post the result of these commands:

emerge --search net-misc/chrony

and 

rc-update show -v

static ip or dhcp?

Static ip

B97C5510-4CFC-4107-8AAD-20F28511000E.thumb.jpeg.1faf3540a6b4688a6570ed58133e83f4.jpeg73FC5B22-EA0B-40C2-98FE-5E09562C8D36.thumb.jpeg.1a92c7d049e1fc551d21da208d21fe90.jpegAAA7C279-80C1-4896-99E6-FCF772102905.thumb.jpeg.f90eb9dfa484090726f6b27d66762692.jpeg

Thank you!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

11 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

try editing the file

nano /etc/conf.d/chronyd

and make it so

image.png.f0694e249bc7f2384f7afd8bc07d0720.png

let me know if it resolves

I did, 

Before reboot I couldn't "gp-update". System 30/04/20

After reboot the system still in 30/04/20 but did "gp-update" without giving "chronyd" first.

After update system up to date.

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

after the reboot, the date should change after a while, a few seconds...

yes it seems it's OK!

Thank you!!

what are the best specs for a NUC to run gentooplayer as server?

to run LMS, minimserver, and may be jriver

thank you!

8 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

what are the best specs for a NUC to run gentooplayer as server?

to run LMS, minimserver, and may be jriver

thank you!

I’m running MinimServer on a NUC8i3 with 8GB ram, I deployed Minimstreamer to transcode/upsample up to wav 24/384 and this is a screenshot of the activity monitor (see attached image). The screenshot is taken while playing some music. If you think to upsample up to DSD with JRiver I think a NUC8i5 should be better. NUC8i5 have a high reputation in terms of power.

Hope this can help

0291FC21-4CA2-4C10-BA33-B101186B0A7E.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

I have had the ‘Tidal is temporarily unavailable’ error when logging into Tidal via Kazoo last few times. Same problem on Kazoo on both MacBook Pro and iPhone (latest iOS update).  Anyone else had this issue?

Tidal works fine with the same credentials in its native app.

Updated to Gentoo 2.13 but no luck.

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

I have had the ‘Tidal is temporarily unavailable’ error when logging into Tidal via Kazoo last few times. Same problem on Kazoo on both MacBook Pro and iPhone (latest iOS update).  Anyone else had this issue?

Tidal works fine with the same credentials in its native app.

Updated to Gentoo 2.13 but no luck.

Thanks

My issues started several days ago. Also GentooPlayer 2.13, With MPD + UPMPDCLI controlled by BubbleUPNP, I was not able to authenticate to Tidal via UPMPDCLI. My endpoints (DIY server and RPI 4 + Pi2AES HAT) stopped working, both running GentooPlayer. I tried just about everything to get them working and I was ultimately only able to send media from Audirvana over WiFi to the renderers.

Today, I switched from BubbleUPNP to Mconnect, and this works. I am not sure if I'm leaving wifi completely out of the audio loop with this mconnect setup though. I have my endpoints hanging off of a router with an Etherregen in the middle, with my wireless AP bridged to this same router as the ER.

Not sure if our issues are related but did think it was worth mentioning.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

@Gavin1977 @Exocer

I've never been able to login in tidal by Linn Kazoo...I've never understood how it works...

I usually use mcconnect without bubbleupnp

Quite interesting - Tidal always worked flawlessly for me Kazoo -> Gentoo Player until recently. Tidal worked natively with Linn Kazoo using Gentoo player, no BubbleuPNP required...

I can run Bubble uPNP on my NAS, but would prefer to use it on GentooPlayer itself... I have it enabled but cannot access it via http://gentooplayer-64:58050/ or IP:58050

I'm using RAMDisk Mode 2.

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Quite interesting - Tidal always worked flawlessly for me Kazoo -> Gentoo Player until recently. Tidal worked natively with Linn Kazoo using Gentoo player, no BubbleuPNP required...

I can run Bubble uPNP on my NAS, but would prefer to use it on GentooPlayer itself... I have it enabled but cannot access it via http://gentooplayer-64:58050/ or IP:58050

I'm using RAMDisk Mode 2.

Any ideas?

i have fix

gp-update

ramdisk reset

------------

I managed to login in tidal with the linn app (not lin kazoo)

image.thumb.png.6125787457dea1a0525c146d7f7d4ea3.png

image.thumb.png.15896505d03bbf3089f5d0ae26c5345c.png