IGNORED

GentooPlayer

On 4/29/2020 at 12:13 AM, antonellocaroli said:

Yes, we're getting closer to summer and it's starting to get hotter and hotter...hopefully...

3.jpg.dab4b3ecbd5dbb2525a45acac9af90a3.jpg

LMS can not play 192/32 flac ,Can it be solved by setting? Looks like LMS can only play 24bit flac, not 32bit?

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

您对Daphile足够了解,以了解她如何处理该文件?
不幸的是,我不认识他,也不知道他在做什么...

您的意思是您可以验证她对wav文件的处理方式?
image.thumb.png.e78239587850c993107dbcc0e300f734.png

Thanks for the reply, I will try it at night!

2 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Hello @antonellocaroli just observed this error running bcmstat on rpi4 running in ram mode2 .... anything is anyway working fine.

Not appearing on my other rpi4 not running in ram

AA6F7D3B-D482-48B2-BBAC-8014D223F132.jpeg

It's not a problem, it doesn't detect the bcmstat version...
it has to do with ssl and git, which in ram are not loaded, at least not completely, also because in reality they are not needed ;)

Hello, I try to run gentooplayer on a M2 ssd and as on the same motherboard I have another M2 slot that is running Windows 2019 server. To install windows server I removed all the Linux drives. After installation I was able to boot from windows 2019 and gentooplayer by selection in the bios. 
today i tried to reboot to gentooplayer and had the following issue

image.thumb.jpeg.97e1a790ea7b23737d361aa61b3d1dc3.jpeg

I just tried to have a fresh install with the 2.13 version and everything was good. I reboot one time to windows 2019 to check some parameters and tried to come back to gentooplayer and obtained the same error message.

Any idea how to solve ?

thanks

22 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

anyway, if you don't want to use C-3PO, I ran some tests and it should work.

You have to go to LMS setting > Advanced > File Types
image.png.310c0cfaf6ac35d4f3f62c0c5076cc7d.png

and set it so wav:

image.png.7d4318eebebf6499eb2c25c9f68a4050.png

And clic apply!!!

Can the new version of gentooplayer x86 64 be directly added to samba settings selection and network bridge settings selection? These 2 functions are very useful!

20 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Hello, I try to run gentooplayer on a M2 ssd and as on the same motherboard I have another M2 slot that is running Windows 2019 server. To install windows server I removed all the Linux drives. After installation I was able to boot from windows 2019 and gentooplayer by selection in the bios. 
today i tried to reboot to gentooplayer and had the following issue

image.thumb.jpeg.97e1a790ea7b23737d361aa61b3d1dc3.jpeg

I just tried to have a fresh install with the 2.13 version and everything was good. I reboot one time to windows 2019 to check some parameters and tried to come back to gentooplayer and obtained the same error message.

Any idea how to solve ?

thanks 5.72 MB · 0 downloads

I don't quite understand.

GP always works until you start windows for once?

I thought it was the case. I re-installed everything yesterday, made gp-update and start very well. So forget my previous post until i'm able to reproduce the problem (i will try to install Intel micro-codes, perhaps it comes from here as last time we were not able to fix this problem).

I have a question : i went through the GentooPlayer wiki and tried to understand the profiles (https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Profile-Select). With a fresh install, the Gentooplayer running only minimserver and roon server as servers, the PC is not heating too much (around 40°C). In can increase when Roon index some music. When i try profiles (even profile 6) , the consequence is that the PC start to heat more (60°C) with same processes.  My CPU is a Xeaon with 12 cores. When i try to come back to the default profile (6 if i understand well), it changes nothing.

How can i go back to the default profile meaning with all the cores in order to better understand step by step how these profiles are working ?

The custom profile is also for a 4 cores ?

Thanks 

39 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

I thought it was the case. I re-installed everything yesterday, made gp-update and start very well. So forget my previous post until i'm able to reproduce the problem (i will try to install Intel micro-codes, perhaps it comes from here as last time we were not able to fix this problem).

I have a question : i went through the GentooPlayer wiki and tried to understand the profiles (https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Profile-Select). With a fresh install, the Gentooplayer running only minimserver and roon server as servers, the PC is not heating too much (around 40°C). In can increase when Roon index some music. When i try profiles (even profile 6) , the consequence is that the PC start to heat more (60°C) with same processes.  My CPU is a Xeaon with 12 cores. When i try to come back to the default profile (6 if i understand well), it changes nothing.

How can i go back to the default profile meaning with all the cores in order to better understand step by step how these profiles are working ?

the 60 C's are just a coincidence...
Profile 6 returns to the standard system, or almost...
but if you're not convinced...

after setting the profile6

rm /etc/local.d/profile*

The custom profile is also for a 4 cores ?

You can set it any way you want. There's no limit to the cpu... custom...

60c a coincidence : what is pushing you to say that ? 

I just made a test with RoonServer and Minimserver running. My power suplly is a Keces P8 that display the voltage and Amps requested by the PC. Under 19V and running without any profile set, playing music through Roon, the Amps are between 1.2 and 1.6A and temperature below 40°C.

I just applied the following parameters in custom profiles and reboot :

image.thumb.png.b8f8be2636f781144248bdbe02045083.png

Now with the same services running (RoonServer and minimserver), the temperature is above 60-65°C and amps required by the PC is 3.4 to 3.5A. So same services running requesting twice of energy/resources. What did i change that request so much : just changing cpu for irq ?

I will keep it running for few minutes and will try to move back to profile 6 and even remove as you propose. Will let you know. 

Thanks for your support.

Follow-up

I came back to profile 6 : temperature and amp are remaining high or higher than expected.

I removed the profiles and reboot temperature and amp are remaining high or higher than expected.

I stopped the roon server service (the one consuming the more) temperature and amp are remaining high or higher than expected.

I had a look to htop : nearly no service running requesting CPU load.

I re-installed from scratch Gentooplayer 2.13 with only RoonServer and Minimserver running, without tweaking anything, and temperature is below 40°C and amps around 1.2-1.6A.....

Very strange.

Thanks for your support

Hello 

My system: Streamer Ambre Metrum HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro with gentoo 2.13 squeezelite via roon rock on NUC i7.
I can listen to all the radios on roon flac but I can't play MP3 radios.
Is there a setting I missed in Gentoo.
Temperature 64 degrees on cpu Profile 1, box closed, 52 degrees without lid...

Serveur . i7fanless Roon Rock Qobuz Hi-res> Switch  Netgear tweaké Fento c2 mk2 + Meraki alim ncore> Streamer  Ambre Metrum Rpi 4 /i2s> Dac   Aqua La voce S3> Pré Ampli  passif Tortuga ldr3 v2> Ampli  2 blocs Jadis JA 30 Chromés 1984 tubes EL503> Enceintes  Klipschorn 1995 

59 minutes ago, roddek6 said:

Hello 

My system: Streamer Ambre Metrum HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro with gentoo 2.13 squeezelite via roon rock on NUC i7.
I can listen to all the radios on roon flac but I can't play MP3 radios.
Is there a setting I missed in Gentoo.

I can't reproduce this... in my system it works...:(

Temperature 64 degrees on cpu Profile 1, box closed, 52 degrees without lid...

did the temperature rise after you set the profile or was it like that before?