IGNORED

GentooPlayer

When you guys use upnp, kazoo etc, does that mean your system is just one computer, not server and end point?

is it possible to tie squeezlite into the path, if you though buffered music sounded better.

i noticed on another Linux music os that you could play qobuz from the server it seemed though that’s not important, but there was also an option to load the song into ram before starting.

it was a nice alternative to roon.

it would be good to use kazoo to get a similar experience...

it would be good to do away with roon to avoid the recurring fee.

8 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

When you guys use upnp, kazoo etc, does that mean your system is just one computer, not server and end point?

In my configuration I have
Nuc8i3/Ubuntu 20.04 where MinimServer and Bubbleupnpserver are installed
2 raspberry pi4/4GB where GentooPlayer (MPD/Upmpdcli) is installed, one of them is for my headphones (Khadas Tone Board dac and Little Dot Mk II tube amp), the other is for a little desktop system

SOtM sms-200 Neo (for the main system)

Lumin app as control point

.... I have a huge music library and a raspberry is too slow to manage it

.... then one server and three endpoint

Stefano

My audio system

10 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Quite interesting - Tidal always worked flawlessly for me Kazoo -> Gentoo Player until recently. Tidal worked natively with Linn Kazoo using Gentoo player, no BubbleuPNP required...

I can run Bubble uPNP on my NAS, but would prefer to use it on GentooPlayer itself... I have it enabled but cannot access it via http://gentooplayer-64:58050/ or IP:58050

I'm using RAMDisk Mode 2.

Any ideas?

Tidal always worked for me too with the following configuration until May13th-14th 20':

Ramsystem Mode 2

MPD + UPMPCLI (Configured with Tidal credentials).

Controlled by the mobile Android BubbleUPNP app.I never actually enabled BubbleUPNP server on my servers running GentooPlayer.

The server itself would stream from Tidal (my preference) and I would control it via the mobile app.

Tidal UPnP streaming through BubbleUPnPServer has been working for quite some time.

I have been using it in this way since a few year ago, see this post in January 2017.

Later, the other distro I was using on my raspberries (Moode) implemented UPnP streaming  through upmpdcli in version 4.0.0 released in January 2018. 

In practice, through upmdpcli it was possible to stream both Qobuz and Tidal without the need of BubbleUPnPServer.

IMO BubbleUPnPServer remains anyway preferable since it provides OpenHome compatibility, thus working also with Lumin App for Ipad and not only with Linn Kazoo. 

Unfortunateky, since October 2019, Qobuz used only with upmpdcli without BubbleUPnPServer stopped working.

The reason is explained here:

• 2019-10-06
    • Qobuz access was revoked: If you were using Qobuz and it's not working any more, don't pull your hair, the Qobuz plugin stopped working (either through the Media Server or with OHCredentials). Qobuz revoked the app_id, and also deleted the API documentation on Github. If you are a hardware integrator/manufacturer using upmpdcli to support Qobuz access (I know there are some), I made a modification to the Qobuz plugin so that the app_id/secret can be stored externally instead of being embedded in the source. This means that, if you can convince Qobuz to supply you with the appropriate pair, you can easily restore function, without having to support a modified module. Of course, this supposes that the API itself does not change.
  • The question now becomes: is the same happening with Tidal now?

•  
5 hours ago, franz159 said:

Lo streaming UPnP di marea tramite BubbleUPnPServer funziona da un po 'di tempo.

Lo uso in questo modo da qualche anno, vedi questo post a gennaio 2017 .

Successivamente, l'altra distro che stavo usando sui miei lamponi (Moode) ha implementato lo streaming UPnP tramite upmpdcli nella versione 4.0.0 rilasciata a gennaio 2018. 

In pratica, tramite  upmdpcli è stato possibile eseguire lo streaming di Qobuz e Tidal senza la necessità di BubbleUPnPServer.

IMO BubbleUPnPServer rimane comunque preferibile in quanto fornisce compatibilità OpenHome, funzionando quindi anche con Lumin App per Ipad e non solo con Linn Kazoo. 

Unfortunateky, da ottobre 2019, Qobuz utilizzato solo con upmpdcli senza  BubbleUPnPServer ha smesso di funzionare.

Il motivo è spiegato qui :

• 2019/10/06
    • L'accesso a Qobuz è stato revocato:  se si utilizza Qobuz e non funziona più, non tirare i capelli, il plug-in Qobuz ha smesso di funzionare (tramite Media Server o con OHCredentials). Qobuz ha revocato l'app_id e ha anche eliminato la documentazione API su Github. Se sei un integratore / produttore di hardware che utilizza upmpdcli per supportare l'accesso a Qobuz (so che ce ne sono alcuni), ho apportato una modifica al plug-in Qobuz in modo che app_id / secret possa essere archiviato esternamente anziché essere incorporato nel sorgente. Ciò significa che, se riesci a convincere Qobuz a fornirti la coppia appropriata, puoi facilmente ripristinare la funzione, senza dover supportare un modulo modificato. Naturalmente, questo suppone che l'API stessa non cambi.  
  • La domanda ora diventa: sta succedendo lo stesso con Tidal adesso?

•  

this from mpd's documentation, 
I don't know if this has anything to do...
image.png.d2857d83b74653bc787aaef5753a9360.png

On 5/17/2020 at 5:07 PM, antonellocaroli said:

i have fix

gp-update

ramdisk reset

------------

I managed to login in tidal with the linn app (not lin kazoo)

I've just run this, didn't fix direct login to Tidal via the MPD + UPMPCLI route - same error occurred as others have shown.  However this did fix BubbleuPNP for me, so enabled it, logged into that and set it up.  Works perfect.

If anything OpenHome is preferable to me anyway, I find it more reliable, so glad its now working natively on Gentoo for me.

RAMDISK Mode 2 operating fine.

Thanks all.

So I've performed the steps and got everything working. Only issue is somehow the "My Tidal" tab does not appear to load. I receive an error of "Failed to Load" and a retry option in Linn Kazoo. Wondering if my favorites list is too long...

Edit: Nevermind. It eventually loaded.

3 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

and do you have both a server and an end point, do you use squeezelite ?

Server is running on my desktop and end point is on USBridge Signature running GentooPlayer with UpMpd (bit perfect). 

Roon with squeezelite sounds a bit better than roonbridge alone but still it is not the level of Audirvana. My wife says the same ;)

On 5/18/2020 at 6:18 AM, antonellocaroli said:

this from mpd's documentation, 
I don't know if this has anything to do...
image.png.d2857d83b74653bc787aaef5753a9360.png

I just noticed this news in https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

2020-05-17
upmpdcli 1.4.10 replaces the old Tidal API token, which did not work any more. The raspbian Jessie packages are back, for those people which can't upgrade to a newer Debian.

@antonellocaroli which version of upmpdcli did you include in Gentooplayer 2.13?

I'm asking because, for some reason,  the menu item "Systeminfo-Software" is just listing the installed components, but not their version:
Systeminfo-Software-Err.jpg.299d510ba559e2420df5b473b052ca3d.jpg

7 hours ago, franz159 said:

I just noticed this news in https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

2020-05-17
upmpdcli 1.4.10 replaces the old Tidal API token, which did not work any more. The raspbian Jessie packages are back, for those people which can't upgrade to a newer Debian.

@antonellocaroli which version of upmpdcli did you include in Gentooplayer 2.13?

I'm asking because, for some reason,  the menu item "Systeminfo-Software" is just listing the installed components, but not their version:
Systeminfo-Software-Err.jpg.299d510ba559e2420df5b473b052ca3d.jpg

Funny how that doesn't work for you, gp-update works?

The version of upmpdcli in GP is currently 1.4.2

The last one should be 1.4.10.

Let me see if I can integrate it.

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/releases.html

7 hours ago, Tucker said:

@antonellocaroli

Just installed gentooplayer, but I can't login to webinterface I get ' "rpi ipadress" rejected your connection attempt '. Nor can I change the volume or mute in mplayer. All this worked out of box with other distros like moode, dietpi, etc.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

ip:5000