IGNORED

GentooPlayer

I got some problem error while trying to mount exfat. When I try to mount the HDD I get this error:

fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first

If I execute 'modprobe fuse' I am able to mount the HDD. Although I've added the mount point into fstab the HDD will not be mounted after reboot and when I try to mount it manuall I get the same "use: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first" error.

10 minutes ago, Boring said:

I got some problem error while trying to mount exfat. When I try to mount the HDD I get this error:

fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first

If I execute 'modprobe fuse' I am able to mount the HDD. Although I've added the mount point into fstab the HDD will not be mounted after reboot and when I try to mount it manuall I get the same "use: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first" error.

exfat is not supported by default

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Filesystem-Supported

1 hour ago, shang_2000 said:

I see that sambr has been integrated into the system webpage, but after I set it up, I entered sambr in win10. I don't know which one should be used for the username and password? The ssh user and password cannot be entered!

in theory it shouldn't ask you for a user and password.

if you're on x86 anyway:
add gp user to samba

smbpasswd -a gp

type the password (ex: gentooplayer)

restart samba and then from windows use those credentials

There’s been some time since I posted in the thread!

I see that there are many more pages coming up witch is a very good think for such a great software!!

I’m trying to give go-update after quite some time and I get an error! 
Any idea what to do?

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

3 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

There’s been some time since I posted in the thread!

I see that there are many more pages coming up witch is a very good think for such a great software!!

I’m trying to give go-update after quite some time and I get an error! 
Any idea what to do?

it would have been interesting to see the mistake...
check the system date, if it's stoned...
launch the command

chronyd

after a few seconds you should adjust

Oh... I didn’t check the system date ... sorry!

But the “chronyd” command fixed the issue!

Actually I thought that the command would show if the system is “stoned”... my mistake!

Thank you once more!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

if you're on x86 anyway:
add gp user to samba

smbpasswd -a gp

thanks,It would be perfect if the network bridge settings can also be integrated into the web settings like samba!

2 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

Quick question hopefully @antonellocaroli, is the ST kernel the only one that is loaded up with audio card drivers pre installed ?

Kernel: 5.5.0-pf2-x86_64-PF-ST

Yes, pci sound cards and integrated sound cards only ST kernel

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Kernel

4 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

if you're on x86 anyway:
add gp user to samba

smbpasswd -a gp

I can now enter the samba shared folder on win10, but it can only be read, without the permission to write and delete. How do I set it up?

Even though the “chrony” command worked it seems that the problem reappeared after some time going the system back to 28/4/2020 and not being able to “gp-update” once more.

I gave again “chrony/gp-update (x2)” and it seems ok

I will see how it goes on...

51 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

hey @antonellocaroli or any advanced user our there !

would it be possible to share the process for building my own custom build of GP which includes my PCI Audio Drivers 🙂.

just to understand how to build a custom build would be a great start 🙂

your driver is included in the ST kernel.

if you want to compile your own custom kernel:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gentoo+compile+kernel&oq=gentoo+compile&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.6543j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

19 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

your driver is included in the ST kernel.

if you want to compile your own custom kernel:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gentoo+compile+kernel&oq=gentoo+compile&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.6543j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thank you, once I get to grips with that, then is it my goal to just adapt one of your custom kernels by adding the pci audio driver to it?

your kernels are shared on GitHub?

id like to take gp but compile it for my particular hardware, isn’t that always the goal and philosophy of gentoo ?

i will see audio benefits from trying to do this, and it’s free if I knew what I was doing 🙂

8 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

Thank you, once I get to grips with that, then is it my goal to just adapt one of your custom kernels by adding the pci audio driver to it?

your kernels are shared on GitHub?

you can't add drivers to an already compiled kernel, you have to recompile a new one.

id like to take gp but compile it for my particular hardware, isn’t that always the goal and philosophy of gentoo ?

that's the philosophy.

but
https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Gentoo

a question not exactly related to GP but any way...

Can someone explain the " Automatic headroom " option of the C-3PO plugin?

Thnx!

12 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

image.png.87c9707c5b8aa01b576934f343ad505d.png

Thank you!

I have seen that but I would like to know why this gain reduction is needed!

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

to prevent clipping....

and why the upsampling process may cause clipping?

@antonellocaroli
The issue I have with the system sticking to past dates, not being able to “gp-update” without giving the “chronyd” command first remains!

Is there any solution?

Thank you!!