IGNORED

GentooPlayer

On 5/28/2020 at 7:14 PM, antonellocaroli said:

What do you mean?

you can use big buffers in squeezelite... or use ramdiskmusic right now...

ramdiskmusic?

I can't find this option..

Also:

Would it be possible to use ramsystem for both LMS and BubbleUpnp?

At this point there is no such option in ramsystem settings..

Thank you!!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Since I have updated to 2.13, the date of my system is broken. I can fix it manually but, after a couple of days, it is broken again. Right now (Wed 03 Jun 2020 08:25:38 AM CEST) it is:

rpi6 ~ # date
Sat 30 May 16:43:30 CEST 2020
rpi6 ~ #

Any idea how to fix this problem? Also, this morning the device was not connected to the wireless and I had to switch it off and on again. This never happened before. 

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

Since I have updated to 2.13, the date of my system is broken. I can fix it manually but, after a couple of days, it is broken again. Right now (Wed 03 Jun 2020 08:25:38 AM CEST) it is:

rpi6 ~ # date
Sat 30 May 16:43:30 CEST 2020
rpi6 ~ #

Any idea how to fix this problem? Also, this morning the device was not connected to the wireless and I had to switch it off and on again. This never happened before. 

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55235-gentooplayer/?do=findComment&comment=1050949

On 6/2/2020 at 11:03 AM, antonellocaroli said:

No, actually, it's just these:

https://github.com/allocom/USBridgeSig-AX2v0

Please, howto build module with this driver source ? 😉
If i do a "make", i have :

make[1]: *** /lib/modules/4.14.114-GentooPlayer-MIN+/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

25 minutes ago, Zauurx said:

Please, howto build module with this driver source ? 😉
If i do a "make", i have :

make[1]: *** /lib/modules/4.14.114-GentooPlayer-MIN+/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.

I don't understand what you want to do?

Those drivers(V.2.0.) are already included in the kernel...

modinfo ax88179_178a | grep version

Yes, and it works.

Only this distribution allows you to play DSD from HQP without pops and cracks.
I just wanted to test if the latest version (1.20) allows to go further (rares dropouts on DSD 256).

(V.2.0 is an Allo special nurmerotation, not from ASIX).

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

24 minutes ago, Zauurx said:

Yes, and it works.

Only this distribution allows you to play DSD from HQP without pops and cracks.
I just wanted to test if the latest version (1.20) allows to go further (rares dropouts on DSD 256).

(V.2.0 is an Allo special nurmerotation, not from ASIX).

I can compile a kernel with those drivers, which you could test as soon as I have some time...

which kernel do you usually use?

Actually .. the minimum 4.14.114-GentooPlayer-MIN+ 

Thanks Antonello

PS : I admit that I chose this kernel because it works correctly for me (Allo USBridge / RME ADI-2 DAC and NAA).
There are so many kernel, I don't know on which criteria to choose. Others would be more effective (differences in sound)?

On 6/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, antonellocaroli said:

After a few more tests I am sorry to say that I have switched back to my Raspbian Lite dedicated system. GenTooPlayer 2.13 does not work reliably in my network, either the date is broken or upmpdcli needs to be restarted manually after each reboot or both. Booting is slow and the web interface is sluggish. Perhaps something went wrong when upgrading from 2.12 to 2.13 but then the same problems occurred months ago when I was updating from 2.11 to 2.12. Raspbian Lite boots in a few seconds and is rock solid. After days of inactivity, UpMpd is immediately available and responsive as soon as I open a control point. I will come back to GenTooPlayer in a few weeks/months and then report my findings. Thanks for your support! Best, nbpf  

Upgrading from 2.13 to 2.14 has fixed the date problems and the long booting times, see 

There is still the problem that I need a file with 

rc-service upmpdcli restart

in a file in /etc/local.d for upmpdcli to become visible in my control points. This suggests the there is still something fishy in the boot sequence.

10 hours ago, nbpf said:

Upgrading from 2.13 to 2.14 has fixed the date problems and the long booting times, see 

in a file in /etc/local.d for upmpdcli to become visible in my control points. This suggests the there is still something fishy in the boot sequence.

in a few days I'll put online version 2.15, I suggest you to start directly from that one, with a new installation...

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I'll put online version 2.15

On version 2.14 you added the GP icon that was a fine surprise but ... if I run GP in ram (mode 2 on rpi4, from usb) the icon disappears from the control point.

I suspect this is due to the path where the icon is stored as when I did myself the modification using the same path of the standard upmpdcli.conf  the icon visibility was not impacted running GP in ram.

Hope you can fix it in the next 2.15

Thank you

Stefano

My audio system

13 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

On version 2.14 you added the GP icon that was a fine surprise but ... if I run GP in ram (mode 2 on rpi4, from usb) the icon disappears from the control point.

I suspect this is due to the path where the icon is stored as when I did myself the modification using the same path of the standard upmpdcli.conf  the icon visibility was not impacted running GP in ram.

Hope you can fix it in the next 2.15

Thank you

gp-update
ramdisk reset

fix it

please try

8 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

in a few days I'll put online version 2.15, I suggest you to start directly from that one, with a new installation...

I'll do that, thanks. I have noticed that upgrading from 2.13 to 2.14 was quite slow, is there a way to speed up the process by uninstalling software which is not needed? Also, for maintenance, it would be great to have emacs (emacs-nox, the one without support for X) beside nano. Any idea how to install it? Thanks for the support, Best, nbpf

6 minutes ago, nbpf said:

I'll do that, thanks. I have noticed that upgrading from 2.13 to 2.14 was quite slow, 

whether it's slow depends on how many packages it has to update, but it's not a problem you can do something else while it's doing it, like listening to music.
It is even slower if the CPU is set to a lower frequency.

Also, for maintenance, it would be great to have emacs (emacs-nox, the one without support for X) 

I prefer Nano, but

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GNU_Emacs

On 6/12/2020 at 11:01 PM, nbpf said:

I have to revise this assessment, after GenTooPlayer has been running over night, the date is 7 hours late!