IGNORED

GentooPlayer

3 minutes ago, RDOK said:

Hi all

Thanks to your description and the one of @luisma and some other information I managed to get a bridge working on my computer with 3 network ports.

As you did, I also noticed that the next day it didn't wok as intended any more.

It turned out that the numbering of eth0, eth1, eth2 related to the ports (mac addresses) is not consistent at start-up unfortunately.

By creating a file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

looking like

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="XX.XX.XX.XX.XX", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth0"
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="YY.YY.YY.YY.YY", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth1"
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="ZZ.ZZ.ZZ.ZZ.ZZ", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth2"

where XX.. YY.. ZZ.. are the mac addresses it became persistent. (at least after a reboot while under power, at first start-up not always so).

So I should be happy. But:

The computer is running RoonServer on Gentooplayer.

RoonServer works, but it cannot login to Qobuz. Is says due to a network error.

Also gp-update will not work stating that there is 'no route to host'.

The music on the NAS is accessible.

At one side of the bridge is a switch to which also the router is connected, that is the modem/DNS/gateway and can be pinged from the RoonServer pc. Ping google.com also works, though often not at first attempt:

Ping results in first one or two lines with failure to connect, then it finds the Google IP address.

At the other side of the bridge is my NUC running Squeezelite-R (sounds better than RoonBridge in my set-up)

And on that gp-update works fine, even though it has to go through the bridge to get to the gateway.

I do not understand how this is possible and would really appreciate help on this!

I forgot to mention that Roon itself works fine, will find artists and other data when entering search requests. So Roon has access to its database on internet.

That is what puzzles me: Roon has access to internet but Qobuz login does somehow not.

7 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

hi @antonellocaroli, i hard-shutdown my roon server last night, now the RoonServer will not start:  this is in the log:

05/26 10:45:17 Warn: [orbit] init failed due to IO error: /root/.RoonServer/Database/Orbit/orbit_v3.db/LOCK: Read-only file system, reiniting
05/26 10:45:17 Warn: [orbit] init failed again, disabling due to:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/root/.RoonServer/Database/Orbit/orbit_v3.db/000029.ldb" is denied.
  at System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) [0x00073] in <370a0c27f4b74d1a81431037df6d75bf>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.RecursiveDelete (System.String path) [0x0003f] in <370a0c27f4b74d1a81431037df6d75bf>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.Delete (System.String path, System.Boolean recursive) [0x00009] in <370a0c27f4b74d1a81431037df6d75bf>:0
  at Roon.Analytics.EventManager..ctor (System.String datadir) [0x00258] in <db6cf41c03f54806a8d2cfbe63904eaf>:0

05/26 10:45:19 Info: [broker/distributed] Remoting server listening on port 9101
05/26 10:45:19 Critical: threadpoolsynchronizationcontext: LevelDb.Exception: IO error: /root/.RoonServer/Database/Orbit/orbitnew.db/LOCK: Read-only file system

05/26 10:45:18 Debug: [broker/filebrowser/volumeattached] initial listing found drive mounted at /media/roondb
05/26 10:45:18 Debug: [broker/filebrowser/volumeattached] skipping /media/roondb because it is not a removable drive (mountline: /dev/sda4 /media/roondb fuseblk ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,blksize=4096 0 0), also the drive's /sys/block/sda path contains no '/usb': ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:17.0/ata3/host2/target2:0:0/2:0:0:0/block/sda

The file is there on disk.  The disk is mounted onto a physical disk inside the computer.

I've tried to delete the file\folder but the mount is read only it seems.

is the solution to change the entry is fstab to make the mount writeable, so then i could delete these files ?

UUID=AC988B01988AC8F2 /media/roondb ntfs-3g defaults 0 0 -o

this is the message whenever i try to remove those files:

GPS ~/.RoonServer/Database/Orbit # rm * -r
rm: cannot remove 'orbitnew.db/000003.log': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbitnew.db/CURRENT': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbitnew.db/LOCK': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbitnew.db/LOG': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbitnew.db/MANIFEST-000002': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/000029.ldb': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/000031.ldb': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/000034.ldb': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/000035.log': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/CURRENT': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/LOCK': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/LOG': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/LOG.old': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove 'orbit_v3.db/MANIFEST-000033': Read-only file system

did you try to stop the RoonServer first?

The command to remove a file is simply

rm filename

to remove a folder

rm -r folder_name

rm * removes all files in one dir
rm -r * removes all the files and chains in a dir

My setup is this:

NAS with my local library running Minimserver 2

RPi4/4GB running GentooPlayer with LMS and BubbleUpnp enabled only and Open Home enabled

RPi3B+ running GentooPlayer with Squeezelite, Squeezelite R2, MPD and UpMpd enabled!

RPiB running Archphile (another great piece of software) mainly with MPD enabled but after the last resurrection of the project Squeezelite is possible too!

As far as streaming services I use Spotify and Qobuz.

On LMS/Squeezelite everything runs OK. For control I use iPeng, Material Skin and Squeezer (Android).

Both streaming services and local files play just fine! No questions there...

For MPD control I use Linn Kazoo (PC, Mac, Android, iOS) and Lumin (iOS)

My question having to do with Qobuz and MPD/UpMpd:

In the MPD "enviroment" shal I say I have only logged in to Qobuz from the Lumin (iOS) app. After I enabled Bubbleupnp on my RPi4  and made some settings to the Open Home server I can use Qobuz from all my devices using Kazoo, and BubbleUpnp app on Android, without logging in to the service!

How is this possible?  

I do not seem to understand the whole BubbleUpnp/OpenHome think.... It's very nice that works just fine though!!

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give a view of the whole setup. It's quite complicated but since GentooPlayed gives all those options I wanted to try them all .... still haven't decided what I like more... sonicaly I have tendency to MPD but this is another story : ) :)

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

40 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I don't think you have access to the Internet...

ping www.google.com

Thank for answering!

Ping google.com works, Roon queries (for e.g. an artist) will give answers for which it needs to have access to internet.

Just 5 minutes ago I got it solved.

There were 2 default gateways defined somehow,

one on eth0 (part of the bridge)

and one on eth2 (not connected).

Both had the same ip address.

Apparently ping and Roon were able to find the correct path to the gateway

gp-update and Qobuz login were not.

I do not really understand but this is possible, but now it works.

I was able to remove the second entry by entering

rc-update del net.eth2

and reboot.

I am very happy with GentooPlayer by the way!

@antonellocaroli Now that even an 8gb rpi is introduced can memory playback be implemented to GentooPlayer?

Thank you!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

@antonellocaroli Now that even an 8gb rpi is introduced can memory playback be implemented to GentooPlayer?

Thank you!

What do you mean?

you can use big buffers in squeezelite... or use ramdiskmusic right now...
what do you mean by "memory playback"? 
an on the fly copy  music of ramfrom LMS? like daphile?
No, I'm not planning anything like that...

4 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

What do you mean?

you can use big buffers in squeezelite... or use ramdiskmusic right now...
what do you mean by "memory playback"? 
an on the fly copy  music of ramfrom LMS? like daphile?
No, I'm not planning anything like that...

I mean loading the playing track(s) in RAM before playing 

Trying to mount a remote disk using cifs and keep getting error 22. Disk is lolcated on my win10 pc and I have shared  the disc with full permissions using my username and password. Using Allo usb sig as player and latest ver.of GP.

Would some kind sole  please tell me what options to use :

screencapture-192-168-20-28-5000-index-html-2020-05-29-13_40_08.png

41 minutes ago, ozcalgp said:

Sto provando a montare un disco remoto usando cifs e continua a ricevere l'errore 22. Il disco è lolcated sul mio pc win10 e ho condiviso il disco con le autorizzazioni complete usando il mio nome utente e password. Usando Allo usb sig come player e l'ultima versione di GP.

Qualche suola gentile, per favore, mi dica quali opzioni usare :

screencapture-192-168-20-28-5000-index-html-2020-05-29-13_40_08.png

Type share directory 
It's wrong

40 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Edit the fstab file

nano /etc/fstab

Remove all those options you have put and leave only version, user and password 

Close and save

Then you give the command

mount -a

There are no entries in the Fstab file that appear to relate to a remote disc , just the sd card and usb storage. Help :)

Hello everyone, I have used GentooPlayerX86 2.13--USB--HOLO Audio Spring DAC-R2R. Very satisfied, please ask. In addition, there is a PCI RME9632 and an RME MADI_FACE sound card can be used in GentooPlaye? Which kernel should I use? Thank you. {English is not my mother tongue, I use translation software

39 minutes ago, akycn said:

Hello everyone, I have used GentooPlayerX86 2.13--USB--HOLO Audio Spring DAC-R2R. Very satisfied, please ask. In addition, there is a PCI RME9632 and an RME MADI_FACE sound card can be used in GentooPlaye? Which kernel should I use? Thank you. {English is not my mother tongue, I use translation software

PCI cards only with the two kernels (ST)

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

仅具有两个内核(ST)的PCI卡

Thank you, I give it a try. There is another problem. If you use an elite LIVAX fanless computer as a GP Naa, you have to connect the monitor every time. If you do n’t connect the monitor, you ca n’t enter the GP system. How do you set it up? Thanks in advance, thank you.

3 minutes ago, akycn said:

Thank you, I give it a try. There is another problem. If you use an elite LIVAX fanless computer as a GP Naa, you have to connect the monitor every time. If you do n’t connect the monitor, you ca n’t enter the GP system. How do you set it up? Thanks in advance, thank you.

No, you don't need a monitor.

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Quick-Start-Guide

On 5/29/2020 at 9:45 PM, antonellocaroli said:
Resolving downloads-origin.slimdevices.com... 54.208.89.159
Connecting to downloads-origin.slimdevices.com|54.208.89.159|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2020-05-31 02:17:49 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'logitechmediaserver-8.0.0-1590657520.tgz'. Aborting.
* Fetch failed for 'media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528', Log file:
* '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528/temp/build.log'

>>> Failed to emerge media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528:

* Fetch failed for 'media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528', Log file:
* '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528/temp/build.log'
4 hours ago, shang_2000 said:
Resolving downloads-origin.slimdevices.com... 54.208.89.159
Connecting to downloads-origin.slimdevices.com|54.208.89.159|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2020-05-31 02:17:49 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'logitechmediaserver-8.0.0-1590657520.tgz'. Aborting.

>>> Failed to emerge media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200528:

fix

Hi, there is a description of network optimisation to choose the good option on an AlloUSBridge Signature and his ASIX chips ?

Il used USBridge as HQplayer endpoint.and network optimisation "GP1" but without knowing what it does !! 😛

#Profile2
 Profile:     Profile2
 RamSystem:   Ramsystem not enabled
 Free memory: 910MB of total 971MB

Kernel:   4.14.114-GentooPlayer-MIN+
 ───────────────────────────────────────
 GentooPlayer   | 15:44 | sab 30/05/2020 
 ───────────────────────────────────────
 v2.13      | Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ (aarch64)

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

To complete, thank you Antonello. ;)
GentooPlayer is the only distribution that allows you to use an Allo USBridge SIG without pops and cracks.
About driver, last version 2.3 includes the latest ASIX drivers (ethernet chips on USBridge -   V1.20.0  2020-04-27 )  ?

https://www.asix.com.tw/download.php?sub=driverdetail&PItemID=131

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA