IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Load the System in RAM select operation and clic to EXCUTE

Ramdisk Reset: use before changing ramdisk mode or after a few updates
Cleanup Buffer/Cache: to give when you see the ram too full, check with free -m

Ramdisk mode 1: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonBridge, Hqplayer Embedded, UpMPDcli
Ramdisk mode 2: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonBridge, Hqplayer Embedded, LMS, UpMPDcli, BubbleUpnp
Ramdisk mode 3: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonServer, Hqplayer Embedded, UpMPDcli, BubbleUpnp
Ramdisk mode 4: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonServer, Hqplayer Embedded, LMS, UpMPDcli, BubbleUpnp

RamSave: save changes to disk (this works on the fly: ramdisk automatically restarts after saving)
Add ramdisk: Add the ramdisk at system startup (also works with the system in RAM)
Remove ramdisk: Remove the ramdisk from system startup (also works with the system in RAM)

2 and 4?

no 5? 

27 minutes ago, shang_2000 said:

Load the System in RAM select operation and clic to EXCUTE

Ramdisk Reset: use before changing ramdisk mode or after a few updates
Cleanup Buffer/Cache: to give when you see the ram too full, check with free -m

Ramdisk mode 1: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonBridge, Hqplayer Embedded, UpMPDcli
Ramdisk mode 2: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonBridge, Hqplayer Embedded, LMS, UpMPDcli, BubbleUpnp
Ramdisk mode 3: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonServer, Hqplayer Embedded, UpMPDcli, BubbleUpnp
Ramdisk mode 4: Squeezelite, Squeezelite-R2, Mpd, Networkaudiod, RoonServer, Hqplayer Embedded, LMS, UpMPDcli, BubbleUpnp

RamSave: save changes to disk (this works on the fly: ramdisk automatically restarts after saving)
Add ramdisk: Add the ramdisk at system startup (also works with the system in RAM)
Remove ramdisk: Remove the ramdisk from system startup (also works with the system in RAM)

2 and 4?

no 5? 

I didn't understand the question

ah ok, understand

i fix

edit: gp-update  fix it

This is a dumb question, but is ramdisk persistent?  Does it resume on startup?  I ask because I want to send a friend with a new Allo USB Sig a pre-configured SD card.  He is not computer-friendly and since we both use the same DAC and Audirvana, I thought it would be easiest to send him an SD with everything configured.

8 minutes ago, zackthedog said:

This is a dumb question, but is ramdisk persistent?  Does it resume on startup?  I ask because I want to send a friend with a new Allo USB Sig a pre-configured SD card.  He is not computer-friendly and since we both use the same DAC and Audirvana, I thought it would be easiest to send him an SD with everything configured.

if you configure it with also

choose the type of ramdisk

and

Add ramdisk: Add the ramdisk at system startup 

and you give him the SD, he'll go straight to ram with the ramdisk you chose.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:10 AM, rettib2001 said:

For those of you using an Allo Usbridge Signature, which kernel did you settle on?

The suggestions referrered to earlier on in this thread are difficult to decipher since the kernal choice numbering has changed.

Added bonus is someone can't point me towards a kernel suitable for DSD512.

Thanks in advance!

I like choice 15 on the following list:

image.png.9734af1331ecb60f1f01a8c1645d4845.png

I don't do DSD512, so I can't offer any suggestions for that...

Hello everybody. This is my first post.

I have the following problem, from the PC with Windows 10 installed I cannot see in the Network folder the hard disk connected to my Raspberry on which Gentooplayer is installed, previously when Volumnio was installed on Raspberry I saw it without problems by entering \\192.168.1.16, now instead it tells me that the device does not accept the connection. Do I need to configure anything within Gentooplayer? The same HD from LMS I see it quietly.

Thanks in advance to those who want to help me.

Regards, Stefano.

41 minutes ago, Wolf65 said:

Hello everybody. This is my first post.

I have the following problem, from the PC with Windows 10 installed I cannot see in the Network folder the hard disk connected to my Raspberry on which Gentooplayer is installed, previously when Volumnio was installed on Raspberry I saw it without problems by entering \\192.168.1.16, now instead it tells me that the device does not accept the connection. Do I need to configure anything within Gentooplayer? The same HD from LMS I see it quietly.

Thanks in advance to those who want to help me.

Regards, Stefano.

To see a disk on the network, on linux you need to have an active samba server, on GP raspberry samba is not installed.

if you want you can install and configure it.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Samba/Guide

but if you want you can follow other paths, having an active samba server, maybe just to copy some files is excessive, in my opinion,
you can go your own way:

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Transferring-files-two-PCs

13 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

To see a disk on the network, on linux you need to have an active samba server, on GP raspberry samba is not installed.

but if you want you can follow other paths, having an active samba server, maybe just to copy some files is excessive, in my opinion,
you can go your own way:

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Transferring-files-two-PCs

Many thanks, I will try to follow the guide you have recommended.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:33 PM, antonellocaroli said:

then if you want to do a real bridge:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Network_bridge

I am trying to bridge two (or perhaps more) network interfaces on a server running GP2.13.

I tried the above link but it is not clear to me what to do to create abridge, say br0, that bridges two interfaces, say eth1 and eth2.

I know how to do it with systemd but GP is now exclusively openRC.

When I do the first step suggested above:

ip link add br0 type bridge

I get 'Error: Unknown device type.'

audio system

8 hours ago, bodiebill said:

I am trying to bridge two (or perhaps more) network interfaces on a server running GP2.13.

I tried the above link but it is not clear to me what to do to create abridge, say br0, that bridges two interfaces, say eth1 and eth2.

I know how to do it with systemd but GP is now exclusively openRC.

When I do the first step suggested above:

I get 'Error: Unknown device type.'

do you have the ram system?

Which kernel?

28 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

I am still setting it up so no ramsystem for the time being. I am using the EUP kernel. Maybe bridging is not enabled in this kernel? Should I use another one?

I tried  kernel 5.4.13-rt-rt7-x86_64-GP-RT-ST.

ip link add br0 type bridge gives no error message this time!

I will continue to try to setup the bridge later today...

audio system

6 hours ago, bodiebill said:

I tried  kernel 5.4.13-rt-rt7-x86_64-GP-RT-ST.

ip link add br0 type bridge gives no error message this time!

I will continue to try to setup the bridge later today...

Still not succesful: after applying all the steps, the bridge is not recognized. See pic for startup error.

Should I use another kernel in order to enable bridging? Which ones are candidates?

temp.jpg

audio system

23 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

you can go your own way:

I tried three times to execute the procedure but after the command "emerge --ask net-fs / samba" and after about an hour of processing it always stops at the same point signaling a fatal error and interrupts the installation of samba.

9 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

Still not succesful: after applying all the steps, the bridge is not recognized. See pic for startup error.

Should I use another kernel in order to enable bridging? Which ones are candidates?

temp.jpg

No,  

you sure skipped a few steps in the guidebook...

Look again... and be careful with the names... they're not the same. 

5 minutes ago, Wolf65 said:

I tried three times to execute the procedure but after the command "emerge --ask net-fs / samba" and after about an hour of processing it always stops at the same point signaling a fatal error and interrupts the installation of samba.

rather than installing samba, I advised you on other avenues to follow...

or do you necessarily need to pull up a server?

31 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

rather than installing samba, I advised you on other avenues to follow...

or do you necessarily need to pull up a server?

my intention would be to use the hard disk connected to Raspberry on which gentooplayer is installed like a NAS and then from a PC with Windows to be able to listen audio files that are on the hard disk

4 minutes ago, Wolf65 said:

my intention would be to use the hard disk connected to Raspberry on which gentooplayer is installed like a NAS and then from a PC with Windows to be able to listen audio files that are on the hard disk

rpi3? to compile samba on rpi3 you need ram, and if you have no ram enable the swap, otherwise the compilation fails....

but if you have to make a server/nas why not try openmediavault?

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

No,  

you sure skipped a few steps in the guidebook...

Look again... and be careful with the names... they're not the same. 

I tried again step for step. I have 4 NIC's: eth0, eth1 (JCAT net card FEMTO), eth2 and eth3 (on motherboard). Here is what I did in order to bridge eth0 and eth2:

kernel: GentooPlayer GNU/Linux, with Linux 5.4.13-rt-rt7-x86_64-GP-RT-ST
check with ip addr
ip link set dev eth0 master br0
ip link set dev eth2 master br0
check with ip link show or ip addr
add the bridge device to the /etc/conf.d/net file as follows (static ip):
bridge_br0="eth0 eth2"
config_br0="192.168.1.202 netmask 255.255.255.0"
router_br0="default via 192.168.1.1"
bridge_forward_delay_br0=0
bridge_hello_time_br0=1000
create the init script by linking net.lo to net.br0 and start the interface as follows:
ln -s /etc/init.d/net.lo /etc/init.d/net.br0
rc-service net.br0 start
finally, add this init script to the default run level:
rc-update add net.br0 default

It did not work. The /etc/conf.d/net file is not persistent after reboot but shows different code, something about wlan, after reboot (see first pic). The ip addresses are shown in the second pic.

Any idea?

0fnp.thumb.jpg.30fc60963847f93e17bd2a6e17bb964a.jpg

1rslt.jpg

audio system

11 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

I tried again step for step. I have 4 NIC's: eth0, eth1 (JCAT net card FEMTO), eth2 and eth3 (on motherboard). Here is what I did in order to bridge eth0 and eth2:

kernel: GentooPlayer GNU/Linux, with Linux 5.4.13-rt-rt7-x86_64-GP-RT-ST
check with ip addr
ip link set dev eth0 master br0
ip link set dev eth2 master br0
check with ip link show or ip addr
add the bridge device to the /etc/conf.d/net file as follows (static ip):
bridge_br0="eth0 eth2"
config_br0="192.168.1.202 netmask 255.255.255.0"
router_br0="default via 192.168.1.1"
bridge_forward_delay_br0=0
bridge_hello_time_br0=1000
create the init script by linking net.lo to net.br0 and start the interface as follows:
ln -s /etc/init.d/net.lo /etc/init.d/net.br0
rc-service net.br0 start
finally, add this init script to the default run level:
rc-update add net.br0 default

It did not work. The /etc/conf.d/net file is not persistent after reboot but shows different code, something about wlan, after reboot (see first pic). The ip addresses are shown in the second pic.

Any idea?

0fnp.thumb.jpg.30fc60963847f93e17bd2a6e17bb964a.jpg

1rslt.jpg

Did you do this?

emerge --ask bridge-utils

GP automatically starts up if it does not find a valid network, create a hotspot and delete your configuration.

then:

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Quick-Start-Guide

image.png.576f7e968c86d501f0695e86cbdaf5c5.png

46 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

rpi3? to compile samba on rpi3 you need ram, and if you have no ram enable the swap, otherwise the compilation fails....

but if you have to make a server/nas why not try openmediavault?

I use a Raspberry Pi 3, then it is probably a memory problem, as regards openmediavault I can still use it together with gentooplayer because the Raspberry is still connected via USB to the dac amp and used via LMS

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

Did you do this?

emerge --ask bridge-utils

No, because the guide says:

"With net-misc/netifrc >=0.4.0, the installation of net-misc/bridge-utils has been deprecated. The network bridge is set up simply by configuring it in /etc/conf.d/net"

and the netifrc version is much higher than 0.4.0. They only advise to install bridge-utils for older versions of netifrc. Correct?

I will start anew, following your tip regarding the hotspot...

To be continued... Thanks!

audio system

2 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

No, because the guide says:

"With net-misc/netifrc >=0.4.0, the installation of net-misc/bridge-utils has been deprecated. The network bridge is set up simply by configuring it in /etc/conf.d/net"

and the netifrc version is much higher than 0.4.0. They only advise to install bridge-utils for older versions of netifrc. Correct?

yes.

try a dhcp configuration first, and then try static ip...