IGNORED

GentooPlayer

10 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

6.10 img always fails to flash (does not pass the balena etcher validation)

anyone else with the problem?

thnx

I did a test by downloading the file directly from the site,
I didn't get any errors with etcher.
I advise you to try again
re-download the file and maybe change the sd too.

started and installed c-3po, no error.

image.png.bd25dfe39a37e3f152fc63c0a0766f6b.png

image.thumb.png.5bb2e99fbc89875ca1f2c45723452c76.png

Despite the error in etcher it seems that all is ok

I don't think it's OK...
the fact that it can't find sox seems to me that your sd is not ok...

6 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I did a test by downloading the file directly from the site,
I didn't get any errors with etcher.
I advise you to try again
re-download the file and maybe change the sd too.

started and installed c-3po, no error.

image.png.bd25dfe39a37e3f152fc63c0a0766f6b.png

image.thumb.png.5bb2e99fbc89875ca1f2c45723452c76.png

I don't think it's OK...
the fact that it can't find sox seems to me that your sd is not ok...

There are different situations ...

The one that can't find sox is from my main setup and it's updated from 6.0.

I use two RPis one 4B for LMS and a 3B+ for player. SoX in this case is used from the server RPI (4B)?

Both were updated from 6.0 from webinterface.

Thnx

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

1 minute ago, guilders said:

What does this message mean ?

"WARNING: your disk is not the size GentooPlayer recommends, you may not be able to use all of the features"

I didn't see that message prior to v6.1.

My SD card is a 8GB.

yes, it is something I have added now...
it is warning you that you are not using a sd-card of the minimum recommended size

image.png.5f5bb7541759b5ac1dd0768a78ab7f9a.png

this is the problem you had after the update....

it is recommended to use at least a 16Gb sd card

On 6/21/2021 at 4:56 AM, irate1 said:

Feature Request: sc2mpd

Using the Songcast app to capture audio from windows 10 computer (or Mac also, I believe) to watch live or recorded concerts or YouTube and cast the audio to Gentooplayer on the RPi4.
See https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/index.html.  
Linn Songcast app
sc2mpd

I like to watch live or recorded live concerts on my Windows 10 computer at my desk. I used to use a Linn Majik streamer, and with the Linn Songcast app on my computer, it would capture the audio and cast the audio to the Linn Majik streamer, amps, and speakers across the room. I think Songcast can cast at high bit rates also. Now I use a RPi4 with Gentooplayer, but I have never found another app or software that does what Songcast can do. One could do the same with YouTube or video files, or anything you can play on your computer. So, for example, you could open Spotify or Tidal or Qobuz or Soundcloud apps or websites or anything else on your computer, and Songcast the audio across the room (and mulitroom I believe). You could go to the Radio Paradise website and play their FLAC streams, rather than the 320 stream that is available on Gentooplayer radio.  I think adding the capability to make the receiving device an OpenHome renderer would work similarly, but I've never been able to successfully add sc2mpd or OpenHome to my RPi4 renderer, so I'm not sure if they are identical or overlap in capabilities. Even using BubbleUPnP, my songcast app doesn't find Gentooplayer on the rpi4.  

So, if Songcast and OpenHome were an option to install and enable on Gentooplayer, I think it would greatly expand what people could listen to from their computer, but through their stereo.

Thanks!

OK,
I did some testing and it seems to be working.

If you want to test I can give you directions on how to proceed, until I add a configuration script.

Hi to all… the last days it seems that the Spotify connect does not work ok and also the Spotty plugin on LMS.
There are constant stops of music.. like it’s buffering or something all the time for Spotify connect and not playing at all for the Spotty.

Does anyone experience such problem?

The Tidal plugin worked fine (from today I stoped my subscription) so I do not think that it was a network problem!

Thnx!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Followed the instructions but after installation Songcast/upmpdcli is not appearing in Player Setting. Mpd and UpMpdCli are both enabled in Enable/Disable Software. Tried gp-update several times and reboot, but Songcast/upmpdcli still not appearing in Player Setting. 

Getting closer! I rebooted my Windows PC and the RPi4, and Songcast/upmpdcli shows up. Maybe that should be in the directions?

Of course now, I can't open the Songcast app. I will check to see or install Teamviewer when things are set up next week.

I will keep trying with Songcast in the meantime. 

Thank you for taking all your time and help. 

3 hours ago, jeep972 said:

Hi @antonellocaroli,

I am trying to apply room correction filters using CamiliaDSP. Eveything is working fine when there is no upsampling with Gentooplayer, but I'd like to keep my default configuration that is with 192 kHz upsampling and as you see on the screen capture sample rate is 22050, and then the sound quality is very bad 

Any ideas ?

best regards

Capture d’écran (20).png

config_HAF_xtalk_192.yml 2.06 kB · 3 downloads

you tried to change sampleformat in capturedevice and playback devic in S32LE

2 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

vous avez essayé de changer le format de l'échantillon dans le périphérique capturé et le périphérique de lecture dans le S32LE

yes i did. on moode audio player with camilla dsp everthing works perfectly

3 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Étant donné que les filtres doivent avoir la même fréquence que le fichier de sortie, vous devrez probablement rééchantillonner avec le lecteur et non avec camilladsp. camilla dsp doit recevoir le fichier à la même fréquence que le filtre.

i did it. I repeat it to you. everything works on moode player. on gentooplayer there is a problem. Can you find it?

1 hour ago, jeep972 said:

je l'ai fait. Je vous le répète. tout fonctionne sur moode player. sur gentooplayer il y a un problème. Peux-tu le trouver?

hi @antonellocaroli

it's not a problem of configuration filter but in my opinion in gentooplayer a problem with mpd resample soxr  with  camilla dsp ... could you investigate on this... if you want of course.

that would be awesome...

Hello there,

maybe this has already come up but I could not find the answer in the so many pages 🙂

I am suffering from loud static noise, white noise, when trying to play high res audio through Allo USBBridge to a Chord Qutest through USB. 
Both the Chord and the DAC have no HW issue. I am able to play 768 upsampled files to Chord from a laptop, and from Allo to other DAC. There is some kind of incompatibility between Chord and Allo. Or more accurately between Chord and the OS on the Allo. This incompatibility seems to affect the bandwidth of the USB connection between the devices. 
I hoped that using Gentooplayer instead of Dietpi would help solve this issue natively or through the many option to configure Gentooplayer, but unfortunately it did not help so far with many option I have tried. 
I did not try all Kernels. 

anyone have any good recommendation??

P.S - I am using Roon as my server and HQPlayer to do the upsampling 

@stefano_mbp Thanks,

Yes this is the problem, but it's not that Qutest can't play 768. It can but not with Allo Bridge. 

And vise versa, Allo can play 768 but not with Qutest. 

Some kind of incompatibility of operating system

That's why I hope that some configuration on Gentooplayer may overcome this