IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Hi, I successfully installed GP last night but today, when trying to install CamillaDSP, I get this:

---

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/gpoverlay/gpoverlay620/': Could not resolve host: github.com

!!! git fetch error in /var/db/repos/gentoo

q: unrecognized option '--reinitialize=/var/db/repos/gentoo'

---

and a few other "Could not resolve host: github.com" messages... Then tried to reinstall GP, I thought that maybe i've messed up the internet connection or something, but that too give's me same messages about github.com... What should I do now? The GentooPlayer-pc is connected to my router with wire and ip addresses should be fine, I don't know what I've done wrong

27 minutes ago, hilpertti said:

Hi, I successfully installed GP last night but today, when trying to install CamillaDSP, I get this:

---

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/gpoverlay/gpoverlay620/': Could not resolve host: github.com

!!! git fetch error in /var/db/repos/gentoo

q: unrecognized option '--reinitialize=/var/db/repos/gentoo'

---

and a few other "Could not resolve host: github.com" messages... Then tried to reinstall GP, I thought that maybe i've messed up the internet connection or something, but that too give's me same messages about github.com... What should I do now? The GentooPlayer-pc is connected to my router with wire and ip addresses should be fine, I don't know what I've done wrong

does gp-update work?
maybe post your system-info too

I am not using any DAC at the moment, as I am just trying out GentooPlayer on my RPi 3B+

Does anybody know how I can activate the audio on HDMI and through the audio jack? As I think both of these are disabled by default in GP, but I'm not entirely sure how to check that (yes, I know the on-board audio sucks, alright.. it's just a quick test that I'm doing here 😉)

Things I already tried:

• selected DAC #1 "i-sabre-q2m/k2m/i2s_general" through the web interface
  • set "dtparam=audio=on" via confset in /boot/config.txt, then reboot

but in both cases I get no audio from HDMI or 3.5mm jack

When I start playback I can see the audio card being used:

GentooPlayerRpi ~ # audio
AUDIO CARDS
CARD    TYPE                    ADDRESS                 NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    card0       Internal Audio card     card0 --> --            I-Sabre Q2M DAC
card0   STATUS  --> closed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUDIO CARDS
card0   STATUS  --> access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED format: S32_LE subformat: STD channels: 2 rate: 48000 (48000/1) period_size: 6000 buffer_size: 24000

EDIT: I also tried the option #11 "Audio on Board (Rpi)", as initially I didn't see this, but when I do that I get errors at boot saying "No 'audio_output' defined in config file" and a bunch of ALSA errors following that.

2 hours ago, marcopus said:

I am not using any DAC at the moment, as I am just trying out GentooPlayer on my RPi 3B+

Does anybody know how I can activate the audio on HDMI and through the audio jack? As I think both of these are disabled by default in GP, but I'm not entirely sure how to check that (yes, I know the on-board audio sucks, alright.. it's just a quick test that I'm doing here 😉)

Things I already tried:

• selected DAC #1 "i-sabre-q2m/k2m/i2s_general" through the web interface
  • set "dtparam=audio=on" via confset in /boot/config.txt, then reboot

but in both cases I get no audio from HDMI or 3.5mm jack

When I start playback I can see the audio card being used:

AUDIO CARDS
card0   STATUS  --> closed
AUDIO CARDS
card0   STATUS  --> access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED format: S32_LE subformat: STD channels: 2 rate: 48000 (48000/1) period_size: 6000 buffer_size: 24000

EDIT: I also tried the option #11 "Audio on Board (Rpi)", as initially I didn't see this, but when I do that I get errors at boot saying "No 'audio_output' defined in config file" and a bunch of ALSA errors following that.

- you have to edit the file  /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf 
- kernel *ST*
- and Audio on Board (Rpi)

- configuring the player

I’m on 6.10.35 and not able to upgrade beyond that through the normal GP update feature. 

As it takes me quite a lot of time to reset all my settings, I wanted to know if there was a difference in sound for those using MPD? I am pretty happy with it as is, but always curious what ‘better’ might sound like. 

I use GP as a one box solution with UPMPDcli and minimserver.  

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Scratch that .. I tried a fresh install of 6.20 having had some issues with Minimserver on GP (all in one server/renderer).  (Minimserver often lost connection with GP, needing me to reboot GP). 

But now seem unable to navigate to my local drive where my Minimserver installer file is located. (So can’t install it.)

Also, despite setting up sambashare, I am unable to connect to the GP server via my network.  I did not have such issues with 6.20. 

Any suggestions?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

33 minutes ago, odelay said:

Scratch that .. I tried a fresh install of 6.20 having had some issues with Minimserver on GP (all in one server/renderer).  (Minimserver often lost connection with GP, needing me to reboot GP). 

But now seem unable to navigate to my local drive where my Minimserver installer file is located. (So can’t install it.)

Also, despite setting up sambashare, I am unable to connect to the GP server via my network.  I did not have such issues with 6.20. 

Any suggestions?

have you mounted the disc?

please post your systeminfo...

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

have you mounted the disc?

please post your systeminfo...

I have, but the locally mounted TF card is not recognised on MPD clients like Rigelian. It seems like there is something wrong with the file system?

I will try a fresh install with the minimum setting changes to see if that helps. I’ll let you know how that goes. 

I posted my system info in a direct message here - thanks! 

8 minutes ago, odelay said:

I have, but the locally mounted TF card is not recognised on MPD clients like Rigelian. It seems like there is something wrong with the file system?

I will try a fresh install with the minimum setting changes to see if that helps. I’ll let you know how that goes. 

I posted my system info in a direct message here - thanks! 

mpd requires a database update...you can do this from any client, as well as regelian....

Many apologies!

… the problem was simply the browser on my ancient iPad .. worked fine on my iPhone (and has done in my 2017 iPad Pro). (Had some trouble with Google Chrime, but worked fine in Safari)

Nothing wrong with your code. My bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, zackthedog said:

Thank you!

Got my Pi2AES hat to day, popped it on the Pi4 and fired it up.  Works perfectly with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro selection.  I like my Allo USB/Digi Sig box, and have been enjoying the coax output, but this is *quite* a step up.  Using the AES input on my DAC--no I2S unfortunately.  But it's also nice not to have deal with the limitations of the Rpi 3b.

15 hours ago, gr3gzila said:

just try to test this software on my RPI4 

I flash the SD card with balena etcher 

And he dont boot

As you can see, i have this screen, and he block on this statut 

"Stopping Chronyd"

Have you any idea ? 

what you see on the screen is right.

But in reality it is not designed to use a screen.
For the various configurations you should open a browser and connect to

ip-gentooplayer:5000

maybe you can find something here that will help you.

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I am running the x86-64 XFCE version of GentooPlayer with 8Mb RAM but cannot get the Ramsystem to behave as expected. I am running LMS and the web interface using profile 2 and one of the CK kernels.

When I enable Ramsystem Mode 5 (so all software is included) it completes successfully and I can access LMS and the web interface from tabs that are already open in Firefox. When I then enable the Ramsystem on boot and reboot when it prompts me to do so, the system appears to boot XFCE fine, however, although Firefox boots it will not access anything (local LMS, local web interface or remote machines on the network). If I disable the Ramsystem using the terminal emulator and reboot then everything works as expected again.

I get the same effect if, rather than enabling the Ramsystem on boot, I save the Ramsystem after enabling Mode 5.

I've tried resetting the Ramsystem then recreating the Ramsystem and the same happens.

I've tried restarting the web interface from the terminal emulator but it remains inaccessible from Firefox and given that Firefox won't access other resources on the network that I know are running I don't think the problem is with the web interface or LMS. The instance of Firefox and tabs showing LMS and the web interface continue to function normally if they are open prior to creating the Ramsystem, but any tabs I open afterwards or after reboot fail.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? Please let me know if any further details would be helpful.

Thanks v much.

1 hour ago, RichardT said:

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I am running the x86-64 XFCE version of GentooPlayer with 8Mb RAM but cannot get the Ramsystem to behave as expected. I am running LMS and the web interface using profile 2 and one of the CK kernels.

When I enable Ramsystem Mode 5 (so all software is included) it completes successfully and I can access LMS and the web interface from tabs that are already open in Firefox. When I then enable the Ramsystem on boot and reboot when it prompts me to do so, the system appears to boot XFCE fine, however, although Firefox boots it will not access anything (local LMS, local web interface or remote machines on the network). If I disable the Ramsystem using the terminal emulator and reboot then everything works as expected again.

I get the same effect if, rather than enabling the Ramsystem on boot, I save the Ramsystem after enabling Mode 5.

I've tried resetting the Ramsystem then recreating the Ramsystem and the same happens.

I've tried restarting the web interface from the terminal emulator but it remains inaccessible from Firefox and given that Firefox won't access other resources on the network that I know are running I don't think the problem is with the web interface or LMS. The instance of Firefox and tabs showing LMS and the web interface continue to function normally if they are open prior to creating the Ramsystem, but any tabs I open afterwards or after reboot fail.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? Please let me know if any further details would be helpful.

Thanks v much.

which version are you using? are you talking about firefox on gentooplayer? did you install it? try installing google chrome.

can you post the system-info after the system is in ram?

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

which version are you using? are you talking about firefox on gentooplayer? did you install it? try installing google chrome.

can you post the system-info after the system is in ram?

Thanks Antonello.

I'm using version 6.10.28

Yes, this is Firefox that comes with XFCE and is on the same machine as GP. I didn't install it. The machine isn't connected to the network - just directly to one player. I can connect it to the network to install Chrome if that might help - thanks.

I'm unable to access the web interface after rebooting, but the system info on terminal emulator looks like this. I've run ifconfig to check the network and I think that looks OK:

I also checked system-info on the web interface after first choosing ramsystem mode 5 - it shows ramsystem enabled. However, if I then choose to enable the ramsystem at boot but decline to reboot at that time and run system-info again it shows the ram system is disabled and the ramsystem process is stopped. Is that supposed to be the case?

GP1.jpg

12 hours ago, RichardT said:

Thanks Antonello.

I'm using version 6.10.28

Yes, this is Firefox that comes with XFCE and is on the same machine as GP. I didn't install it. The machine isn't connected to the network - just directly to one player. I can connect it to the network to install Chrome if that might help - thanks.

I'm unable to access the web interface after rebooting, but the system info on terminal emulator looks like this. I've run ifconfig to check the network and I think that looks OK:

I did some tests with version 6.20 and Google chrome (from version 6.20 on I don't include any browser, you have to install it, there are instructions on the desktop),
Practically the system enters immediately in xfce, but the ramsystem still does not finish loading, I waited a few minutes and then it works...
you can check the end of loading in ram with the terminal:

watch -n 0.5 free -m

when you see that the count has "stabilized" it has finished....

I also checked system-info on the web interface after first choosing ramsystem mode 5 - it shows ramsystem enabled. However, if I then choose to enable the ramsystem at boot but decline to reboot at that time and run system-info again it shows the ram system is disabled and the ramsystem process is stopped. Is that supposed to be the case?

Yes, that is the plan...

image.thumb.png.f7013ebf1ee73d3a028376380fe7fe67.png