IGNORED

GentooPlayer

i have shut down and rebooted the whole network.

Now I can access my existing gentoo sd card.

DHCP is well enabled.

Still gp-update fails.

[OK]

Local overlay and gentooplayer scripts will be updated
glibc version check
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/antonellocaroli/gp-check.git/': Failed to connect to github.com port 443: No route to host
chmod: cannot access '/tmp/gp-check/glibc_check.sh': No such file or directory

[OK]

Wait...

[FAILED]

emInfo

Click on Excute for system information

_____ _ _____ _
/ ____| | | | __ \| |
| | __ ___ _ __ | |_ ___ ___ | |__) | | __ _ _ _ ___ _ __
| | |_ |/ _ \ '_ \| __/ _ \ / _ \| ___/| |/ _` | | | |/ _ \ '__|
| |__| | __/ | | | || (_) | (_) | | | | (_| | |_| | __/ |
\_____|\___|_| |_|\__\___/ \___/|_| |_|\__,_|\__, |\___|_|
__/ |
|___/
Profile: Profile not Setting
RamSystem: Ramsystem not enabled
Free memory: 3678MB of total 3856MB

Kernel: 5.10.33-GentooPlayer-RT-MIN-NOGRAPH-RCU-rt38+
───────────────────────────────────────
GentooPlayer | 17:07 | Thu 09/09/21
v6.20-35 | Raspberry Pi 4B+ (aarch64)
eth0 | 192.168.0.5

Players/soft. Info:
Squeezelite-R2 [Disabled]
Squeezelite [Enabled]
Networkaudiod [Disabled]
LigitechMediaServer [Disabled]
BubbleUpnp [Disabled]
HQPlayer Embedded [Disabled]
Mpd [Disabled]
UpMpdCli [Disabled]
RoonBridge [Disabled]
RoonServer [Disabled]
Mpd-Sima [Disabled]
MYmpd [Disabled]
minimserver [Disabled]
shairport-sync [Disabled]
spotify-connect [Disabled]
web-interface [Enabled]
Samba [Disabled]
gmediarender [Disabled]
camillagui [Disabled]

GP-Service Info:
gpchronystop [Enabled]
gpgovernor [Enabled]
gphavagedstop [Enabled]
gpkernel1 [Enabled]
gprtclock [Enabled]
gpsetrestart [Enabled]

Started Service:
dhcpcd
gpgovernor
net.eth0
netmount
squeezelite
local
rpi4-eeprom-updater

Stopped Service:
chronyd
gpkernel1
gprtclock
gpchronystop
sysftw
gphavagedstop
gpsetrestart

Crashed Service:

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Boot Options:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait noibrs noibpb nopti nospectre_v2 nospectre_v1 l1tf=off nospec_store_bypass_disable no_stf_barrier mds=off mitigations=off

*** Scanning for playback devices ***
Card 0, ID `sndrpihifiberry', name `snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi'
Device 0, ID `HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HiFi wm8804-spdif-0', name `HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HiFi wm8804-spdif-0', 1 subdevices (1 available)
2 channels, sampling rate 32000..192000 Hz
Sample formats: S16_LE, S24_LE
Buffer size range from 64 to 131072
Period size range from 32 to 65536

Subdevice 0, name `subdevice #0'

AUDIO CARDS
CARD TYPE ADDRESS NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
card0 Internal Audio card card0 --> -- HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro
card0 STATUS --> closed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eth0: dc:a6:32:79:8a:c6

Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root ext4 28G 4.7G 23G 18% /
devtmpfs devtmpfs 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
tmpfs tmpfs 772M 308K 771M 1% /run
shm tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p1 vfat 527M 369M 159M 70% /boot

CPU(s): 4
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
Thread(s) per core: 1
Vendor ID: ARM
Model: 3
Model name: Cortex-A72

Gentooplayer CPU Info
Use cpu-governor to change CPU / performance options
Architecture | aarch64
Temp | 55'c : 131'f | Running warm, but safe.
Governor | performance

Current Freq Min Freq Max Freq
CPU0 | 1500 MHz 600 MHz 1500 MHz
CPU1 | 1500 MHz 600 MHz 1500 MHz
CPU2 | 1500 MHz 600 MHz 1500 MHz
CPU3 | 1500 MHz 600 MHz 1500 MHz
On 9/7/2021 at 9:23 PM, RichardT said:

Thanks!

I've an old machine though (sounds better to me than newer ones I've tried) so it's the bios version I need rather than uefi. Don't worry if that's not available yet, I'll try to get 6.20 working.

Back again.

I think I may be hitting a bug when trying to update GP.

I was running v6.10.28 and was trying to update to a more recent version to see if that would resolve issues I was having with ramdisk. I'm using the XFCE BIOS version and logging into XFCE as user gp. I ran GP-update from the web interface and that completed fine. I then tried to run version update and it said 'Forbidden'. Trying to run any script from the web interface failed - it always said 'Forbidden'. I tried to re-enter my key but that also returned 'Forbidden'. Commands from the terminal emulator still worked fine, but only when I switched to root. As user gp it returned permission denied and told me that my key was invalid.

I assumed I'd made a mess of something so downloaded v6.20 to a USB stick, booted from that and then used the install feature to re-install GP to my internal SSD. Firstly, on rebooting it was still v6.10 which surprised me - I assumed it would install v6.20. But all settings were reset so it appeared to be a fresh install and scripts were working again from the web interface. I entered my key using the web interface fine. I ran GP-update again from the web interface and it completed fine as before. But then, as before, attempting to run any other scripts from the web interface failed with the response 'Forbidden'. As before, commands from the terminal emulator still worked OK (although only when I switched to root).

I tried to log in to XFCE as root but it doesn't appear to allow that (user: root, password: gentooplayer - it responded password not recognised).

Am I going wrong somewhere? It feels like this is a user permissions problem which occurs after GP-update. For now I can pull the SSD out of my laptop and flash it externally with v6.30 so there's no urgency to resolve this, but it would be good to know in future that I can run gp-update without breaking my system.

Many thanks for your help as always.

31 minutes ago, RichardT said:

I tried to re-enter my key but that also returned 'Forbidden'.

just refresh the page, completely....

ex.

Chrome: Shift + Reload Button or Shift + F5
IE: Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Reload Button
Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + R or Shift + Reload

33 minutes ago, RichardT said:

I assumed I'd made a mess of something so downloaded v6.20 to a USB stick, booted from that and then used the install feature to re-install GP to my internal SSD. Firstly, on rebooting it was still v6.10 which surprised me - I assumed it would install v6.20.

before installing on an internal disk you must always give gp-update....

anyway online there are all versions 6.30....
so you can also install on the internal disk from the function gp-install....always and only after giving gp-update...you can do it also from a version different from 6.3...the important thing is to give gp-update, this installs the latest scripts and then when you use gp-install always install the latest version...

25 minutes ago, guilders said:

I think the IP static LAN option in gentoo might conflict with my network, as I have already configured on my router an IP reservation based on the MAC address of the device.

Is there a way to remove a static LAN configured in gentoo? I can not see where to do this?

I have never understood the practice of giving fixed IPs through the router with the mac...I would avoid it.
yes, this is a problem...the router to assign the ip with the mac uses the dhcp...but if on the pc you deactivate it then the thing doesn't work....or better it won't work internet...
So in my opinion it is enough to activate on GP the dhcp....

4 minutes ago, guilders said:

DHCP is activated on gentoo.

But I also set a static IP in gentoo but can not remùove it.

I need a fixed IP, for I use my device for both gentooplayer or KODI (different sd cards).

And I have apps that connects to the IP.

you should give these commands in the shell

cat > /etc/conf.d/net <<EOF
EOF

rc-update del net.eth0 default

rc-update add dhcpcd default

reboot

22 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

just refresh the page, completely....

ex.

Chrome: Shift + Reload Button or Shift + F5
IE: Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Reload Button
Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + R or Shift + Reload

before installing on an internal disk you must always give gp-update....

anyway online there are all versions 6.30....
so you can also install on the internal disk from the function gp-install....always and only after giving gp-update...you can do it also from a version different from 6.3...the important thing is to give gp-update, this installs the latest scripts and then when you use gp-install always install the latest version...

Thanks Antonello - very helpful.

I had tried restarting the machine, but not refreshing the page. I guess if anything was stored in cookies then that may have still persisted after reboot. I'll remember next time.

Hi.

I'm trying to update my X86 instance from 6.20 to 6.30.  It gets part way through and then fails,  It seems to have problems locating kernel sources, then throws a couple of errors

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/libffi:0

(dev-libs/libffi-3.4.2:0/8::gentoo, binary scheduled for merge) ... pulled in by
    dev-libs/libffi:0/8= required by (dev-python/cffi-1.14.6:0/1.14.6::gentoo, binary scheduled for merge
  sys-libs/glibc[crypt(+),static-libs(+)?] required by (virtual/libcrypt-1-r1:0/1::gentoo, installed) USE="static-libs"

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

15 hours ago, the_bat said:

Hi.

I'm trying to update my X86 instance from 6.20 to 6.30.  It gets part way through and then fails,  It seems to have problems locating kernel sources, then throws a couple of errors

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/libffi:0

(dev-libs/libffi-3.4.2:0/8::gentoo, binary scheduled for merge) ... pulled in by
    dev-libs/libffi:0/8= required by (dev-python/cffi-1.14.6:0/1.14.6::gentoo, binary scheduled for merge
  sys-libs/glibc[crypt(+),static-libs(+)?] required by (virtual/libcrypt-1-r1:0/1::gentoo, installed) USE="static-libs"

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

mhhh, on which system exactly? Embedded or xfce4?

6 minutes ago, the_bat said:

Hi

The Gentooplayer.com domain appears to have expired.

yes, I changed the service that hosted my site, in this change I was not able to transport the domain, for my inexperience in these things....so I took another, temporarily ... I hope ...

https://gentooplayers.com/

in my signature anyway is updated....

1 hour ago, the_bat said:

Embedded

Anyway, it doesn't depend on the messages you saw on the kernel... it always gives those by default. It's a problem of package conflicts, I just tried it on a 6.20 image and it worked.
Probably something you were carrying with you from before, I recently added features, that if something goes wrong during the update the process stops, in previous updates it continued the same....
You'd better start directly from an image of version 6.30...

version update is something I'm trying to improve...but it still has a few bugs here and there....but I must admit it's a lot of work to get the update ready....

Update version ok on rpi4, faster than usual.

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.

on my side, pi4 as well, not really faster than usual.

Antonello, is there a way to speed up boot time when the system is put in RAM?

It can take up to 2 minutes for me, is tha ta norma ltime ? Not really plug-and-play.

I was also wondering, rather than updating every single file that needs to be, wouldn't it be faster to backup the settings, make a new installation then restore the settings ? Maybe it is not possible but these updates take several hours, it is really long.

33 minutes ago, guilders said:

I was also wondering, rather than updating every single file that needs to be, wouldn't it be faster to backup the settings, make a new installation then restore the settings ? Maybe it is not possible but these updates take several hours, it is really long.

Upgrading is not strictly necessary.... you may not do it. Then when you want you rewrite the image and do a new installation.... if you want there is an entry (test) backup/restore...

although, you can do it at night without watching....
it's certainly more tiring for me to release updates...i would gladly avoid them.... they take up too much of my time....

Quicker because with update version i do not have to recompile gmediarender After flashing card, it was very long...

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.