IGNORED

GentooPlayer

5 hours ago, the_bat said:

Understood.  I think I prefer GMrender to UPMPDCLI/MPD but I may be in a minority.

I'll do some experimenting.

Thanks.

Alan

I'd like to try this too on Allo Bridge.  As I understand, I need to *uninstall* unneeded software to make room for it, is that right?

I believe you only need to uninstall software if you'e trying to use GMRender withthe ram system.  Even then results don't seem to be guaranteed.  It works fine in "normal" mode by just installing the software. As Antonello says, it takes quite a time to install.

34 minutes ago, the_bat said:

I believe you only need to uninstall software if you'e trying to use GMRender withthe ram system.  Even then results don't seem to be guaranteed.  It works fine in "normal" mode by just installing the software. As Antonello says, it takes quite a time to install.

Ah, that's helpful, thanks!

14 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Curious, GMrender is pre installed on my Allo with dietpi.  Not sure why you guys are having to install it? 

My understanding is that gentooplayer can load the entire OS into ram for operation, but GMrenderer is too large to accomodate this on some boards.  Since it precludes running the system in ram on the Allo, you must choose to install it knowing it will limit other features.  But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

22 hours ago, Zauurx said:

Hi, 

For me :

Profile3
 RamSystem Mode 1
 Free memory: 422MB of total 964MB

5.10.14-GentooPlayer-MIN-NOGRAPH+

But I'm still on version 5.10.22 and I'm a little too lazy to upgrade to version 6.0.
At this level of quality, another gain to be hoped for ??
Maybe in the management of IPV6 (latency) .. but I do not see. Am at 1ms (from the HQP server under Win10).

The RT kernels don't work with the Allo and I haven't seen an update in 6.0 version.

Thanks/merci  for the suggestions, I’ll given them a try!

@antonellocaroli I have tried 5.10.33- CK-Min-Nograph kernel on my USBridge Signature and it works well. Might find sometime to compare with the standard Min-Nograph kernel to see if I could detect any sound difference or not (which I believe will be very subtle if there is any).

Understood CK kernel latency is lower than standard kernel, have you test the CK kernel vs ST and RT kernel yet?

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

7 hours ago, chipvn said:

@antonellocaroli I have tried 5.10.33- CK-Min-Nograph kernel on my USBridge Signature and it works well. Might find sometime to compare with the standard Min-Nograph kernel to see if I could detect any sound difference or not (which I believe will be very subtle if there is any).

Understood CK kernel latency is lower than standard kernel, have you test the CK kernel vs ST and RT kernel yet?

Hi,

I am using also the Min-nograph kernel on my USB Signature. I am looking for recomandation for others Kernels.

Thanks

Antonio

On 5/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, altsouza said:

Hi,

I am using also the Min-nograph kernel on my USB Signature. I am looking for recomandation for others Kernels.

Thanks

Antonio

My favorite with the USBridge Signature is RT-MIN-NOGRAPH-EUP100.

26 minutes ago, falco henri said:

Hi, RT kernel doesn t work with an allo usbridge SIG. All RT kernel doesn t work properly with the allo usbridge SIG.

Hi.

RT kernels work perfectly for me (and my USBridge Signature devices).  I have been using RT-MIN-NOGRAPH-EUP100 with the USBridge Signature in various versions of GentooPlayer since 2019.  I have tried the other RT kernels and they work fine too.

Maybe there's something else in your setup or network that is giving you trouble.  What issues do you have when you run a RT kernel?  Stuttering?

I m using Audirvana or Roon on a PC with UPNP or RAAT streaming to the allo usbridge SIG with ethernet câble and with RT kernels some glitches appears playing a track... This is an issue well Know with the allo usbridge SIG... That s strange that you dont have these troubles on tour système.

4 hours ago, zackthedog said:

Using GP 6 on Allo USB Sig with Audirvana.  GMrenderer will not play DSD.  Is there something that will fix this?  Thanks!

this is a problem with gstreamer.
Gstreamer's uridecodebin fails when the DSD/DSF file is on the network, but works for local files.

The streamer you send via audirvana is always on the network and not local.

If you try to play a dsd file directly with 
Utility > Play Dir
You will see that it works.