IGNORED

Is It Time For Moderators?

Is it time for moderators in the forum?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for moderators in the forum?

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Will we "have to pry your [USB cables] from your cold, dead fingers"?

We do know they will be very cold.

The question you need to ask yourself is, do you think a USB cable made to meet the specs and not some fancy thousand dollar marketing scheme, will make enough difference in your system to justify the effort required?

No electron left behind.

First, @Jud I agree with everything except per thread moderation. Perhaps per section moderation would be better as well as a separate forum for the moderators to discuss and agree/disagree on actions to be taken to maintain some coherence in the moderation site wide as well as allow Chris his input and direction, it is his site after all.

edit: I think that willy nilly per thread moderation via the OP would leave the place a mess.

No electron left behind.

Just now, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

What I want to know is was the arrested man a Liberal Arts or hard science graduate owning the smaller  package ? All I can say, despite the publication being from 'Down-under' no Aussie fits that description, must have been a tourist !?

HAHA, I am sure there has to be a few, but that's probably why it was suspicious...

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, Allan F said:

It depends on whether the headline editor was aware of and intended the double entendre. If he/she was, I agree with you. If not, it was more likely written by someone with an engineering background. :)

I can't imagine someone coming up with that headline by accident and not getting it right away, but if anyone can, it would be an engineer.

No electron left behind.

One way to keep moderation simple is to not moderate much, sort of like the current system, but with a tiny bit more that moderators could provide. However, I don't envision rogue moderators deciding on their own what is worthy of moderations and what isn't, bar an absolutely egregious violation of the rules or spam. I think a forum just for the Moderators to discuss the actions to take and come to agreement BEFORE an action is taken would be the best course of action. I am not a fan of moderation, but I can see the usefulness of it, but I also think having individuals "going rogue" so to speak would lead to even more arguments.

No electron left behind.

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

As we know, the real differences are how they did in organic chemistry...

I slept through lectures and made a 96%, what does that mean?

edit: I can tell you one thing it means...  Everyone that was hoping for a helpful curve really disliked me.

No electron left behind.