IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

12 minutes ago, firedog said:

And nothing I wrote contradicts your position. It makes no sense every time someone asks about cables to write the same endless arguments over and over again.It’s a topic that’s been beaten to death hundreds of times here.  That’s why I suggested Mansr, Sal, and others write a sticky thread with their position and simply refer people to it. Or set up a cable debate thread and debate it there. Refer newbies to it. No reason to continually hijckack multiple threads Into  the same argument. Especially when the OP in the other thread was obviously aware of the argument and specifically asked that his question not be turned into such a debate. 

Isn't the whole point of forums debate.

It may help here to look up the etymology of forum its had a quite definite meaning in the English language for a few years now.

Is it such a crime to sprout the endless arguments against the endless anecdotal evidence, and further looking round very few threads are polluted as many put it and most OT arguments quite often start with the regular vernacular accusation of being a troll, and hence the debate spirals down to the usual arguments and thus audio repreduction moves forward in skips and hops...?

11 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I thought the negative comments about mansr's cooking, baking, salt choices etc. were terribly unfair.

AFAIK, he lives in England.

Freakin' England !!

That is a very low bar to food.  In fact, they don't really even eat food (except for colonial imports).

And, yes, of course I have proof.  Let us start with the ancient Romans:

"Poor Britons, there is some good in them after all -- they produced an oyster."
Saullust, Roman historian, referring to the oyster beds in East Anglia.

Excuse me I live in England, I can cook up a lovely dish of tripe and pig trotters...

11 hours ago, Albrecht said:

if you're part of the anti-audiophile 1%. Otherwise, - the vast majority of folks who read and participate here enjoy the benefits of learning about equipment and methodologies that enhance the listening experiences of recordings.

Learning about equipment involves at least a small understanding of the underlying electronic engineering and physics, like cooking you have to learn some basics.

8 hours ago, fas42 said:

To be serious for a sec, "stupid USB cable debates" is where the action is - I'll spell it out again:

* Certain interference and noise artifacts are the hardest thing for the mind to ignore

* Insufficient integrity of areas such as cabling are some of the worst offenders for allowing these artifacts to be audible

* It's extremely difficult at the moment to slap some monitoring device on part of a system, and point to precisely the waveform or number that says, we have a problem ...

* Which means that people who live and die by measurements think the other lot are nutters; OTOH the "nutters" are pragmatic, and by lots of fiddling and experimenting actually work out a 'useful' solution.

This is how it is, I'm afraid. Until enough people properly understand that it's vital that certain types of integrity are in place for quality playback to be realised then this sort of mudslinging will continue, endlessly ...

And thus all the electronic advancements since digital audio was first introduced have passed Fas42 by...

How do you think audio equipment is designed, by engineers, especially the digital side of the playback chain. 

As to the rest, again because quite often the physics dose not back up your reality, then the physics is wrong!

Often the questions asked are what is the mechanism that is causing the perceived change in sound, often asked by a someone who is curious, if the reply is contrary to the belief then the fun starts. Instead of dissing measurements and science look into it or provide a possible mechanism yourself for why something causes a change.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

in order to continue in keeping this thread away form the usual automotive analogies, here is some more verification of English cooking:

“You cannot trust people who have such bad cuisine. It is the country [Great Britain] with the worst food after Finland.”
French President Jacques Chirac in a remark on the eve of the G8 summit in 2005

Have you seen our salt, micro-grain so you can load the veg before 3/4 hour boiling till grey...

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

WHEN WILL YOU AND MANSR GET IT THAT THIS IS THE JOB OF QUALIFIED PEOPLE TO PERFORM !!!.

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

I have little doubt that if Peter had the time and inclination that he could do exactly that with the reports by myself, Manishander and others.

The truth is out there...

Anyway back to the topic in question:

Due to my unbreakable objective belief, the constant return to this thread has overcome my expectation bias and now everything sounds the same to me, grainy due to my passionate love of SMPS's, a soundfield flatter than my paint (and that's Dulux flat matt pro. but I digress), I suppose having mundane hearing/system/dog/cat etc. allows me to enjoy the music...

7 hours ago, Superdad said:

Just remember that in the earlier days of digital, few engineers paid attention to jitter.  And there was a time in doctors who were concerned with sterilizing surgical tools were ridiculed.  Now look where we are.

I can also assure you that attention to detail in parts selection and circuit topology makes more differences in preamp/amp SQ than have been correlated by measurements taken (by either the designers or reviewers).

Such is only controversial to those who have neither designed nor experienced first-hand the differences that careful parts choices can make.  There are reasons why a Caddock MK132 resistor will sound different than a Holco, or why one film cap dielectric will convey the tune in a more natural way than another that leaves you cold.  But good luck trying to make such choices on the measurement bench.  Ask any successful speaker or electronics designer... 

Can we ask pro-audio kit designers in this?

7 hours ago, rando said:

At some distant point heels were dug in on what very well may be a real and unexplained phenomena.  I won't bother trying to clock all the stages before it lost course as a noble pursuit.  

Nope, been trying to figure out a mechanism for 10 years nearly, no joy so far, even asked a number of qualified engineers who level of knowledge is greater than mine, no joy.

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

At least you disagree.

Some times it depends on the avatar.

Why are you picking an argument over my posts, strange answers. The effects of components in circuitry is well documented, recorded, measured and explained in tomes such as :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=the+art+of+electronics+horowitz+hill&index=aps&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_4kh84msmb0_b&adgrpid=51566209165&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=259123406124&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8687281316590379588&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006458&hvtargid=kwd-317266418583

51 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Interesting.

So what you explicitly claim is that your engineering leads to fine products you don't need to listen to before they are shipped to the customer. Am I right ?

Measuring is sufficient. Correct ?

It was a specific answer to a specific comment, rather more generic in meaning than you have read into it.

4 hours ago, davide256 said:

And so it goes on ... electronics degrees trying to make what goes on inside the human head for hearing conform to what they know how to measure outside the head. Not impressed, wrong area of competency to govern decision. This should be governed by audiologists and educated music professionals using empirical testing methods. The simplistic measurements available to audio engineers don't match the sensitivities of the human ear and brain.

We are talking about an electronic system, perception is a totally different field of study. What goes on in your head is different to the fidelity of your playback system. There are often audiologists in the design teams where sound reproduction is involved, but again they understand how we hear not how we perceive our world as a whole, and that is important..

A digital front end can't be designed without measurements, come to think about neither can the analogue section, that is a fact...

3 hours ago, look&listen said:

Please do not feed self identified troll! he only want to sow & feed off confusion, dissension & chaos. 'logic' is irrelevant, only tactic. Brings no value to forum. :S

IMO, member Ignore list key to sane use of CA forums. Hover over troll's avatar & popup has Ignore button at bottom for easy use. What is Alex's time worth? So little to waste on useless typing to feed twisted emotions?

?

37 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

"You probably ought to remember" 

Now that's not an arrogant statement in any way. Care to elaborate or cite evidence or name some of these audio engineers not in audio?

Also, - just because some of these engineers main income source is outside HEA development, - they may in fact still be "in" audio development outside their main gig. Of course, - you are correct that there is no money being made by luxury goods manufacturers, - the 1% are only leeches.

Search on Linkedin.