IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

33 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

2 weeks into trialing Qobuz hires (UK) and still getting intermittent problems & stoppages, especially with a playlist, either my own or Qobuz. Often needs the play button pressing again after a track has finished. I don't have this problem on Tidal.

How did you use Qobuz, play.qobuz.com, desktop application ???

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

47 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

@David Craff This is the problem I'm having. 

I have picked the same album in Qobuz and Tidal ie. Van Morrison 'The Prophet Speaks' (all playing through Roon). The QB album stops after every track and needs restarting, the Tidal album version plays through without stops. 

The same happens with Playlists in QB, often stopping whereas Tidal ones carry through. Any thoughts why this is?

Do you have this problem with our web player : play.qobuz.com ?

4 hours ago, zacster said:

So what am I doing wrong?  I signed up for the beta, got the invite, signed in, but I'm still only getting 30 second samples at 320.  I tried with the web version at play.qobuz.com and with Audirvana.  This will be the third time that Qobuz disappointed me.  I'm not impressed.

If you only signed up you have a Qobuz account but no plan to stream music. You have to subscribe to a plan to do this.

12 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

How about multichannel?    

I know that Qobuz can support multichannel but, so far, I have found only a handful of files because I cannot search/focus by format.

Anyone else playing with this?

You can filter multichannel on your shop site : https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/quality/HD-24-bit/download-streaming-albums?f[qu]=24_96_6

On 2/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, bobbmd said:

@David Craff: it is hit or miss sometimes doesn't recognize my device ie DAC or does and no sound plays but music is playing sometimes freezes up web page can't go to discovery or favorites or playlists and sometimes playlists won't play or load and I have not been able to get offline choice to do anything the other stuff clears up if i click restart or just log off but haven't been able to access my offline library at all for a few days

the ROON problems HAVE to be their end @firedog seems to think it's MY SYSTEM but i haven't changed anything and all of this started this week i can live with it is just annoying and like I said Audirvana works always all the time and the Qobuz web page MOST of the time -i am just used to everything loading up and playing almost instantly

BTW_ am listening to a Kenyan folksinger JS Ondara on Qobuz web page/app now through ME2 DAC at192/24 HiRes but it won't play/or takes forever to load if it ever does if I go to ROON Qobuz version

I am sure everything will work itself out but don't understand what has happened since start of this week

Hi,

The next Qobuz Desktop Release is focused on updating the libraries used. I invite you to test again with this release when available. After that, is issue is still here, contact me via PM.

Regards

11 minutes ago, RichardSF said:

This album causes serious problems for me on the Windows app. I am running an up-to-date Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop.

The album plays fine with the Mac app on a MacBook Pro.

https://open.qobuz.com/album/b9enmaqmnvqgc

b9enmaqmnvqgc_300.jpg

1. I play the album on the WIndows app, and it hangs for a long time.
  2. After waiting several minutes, the app is unresponsive and I give up and close the app.
  3. I restart the app and it is now completely unresponsive to clicks.
  4. The app is now completely stuck. Restarting the app (or the computer) doesn't help — the Qobuz Windows app keeps starting up in an unresponsive state.

I tried various things to get the app working again, like deleting the Qobuz cache folder. I don't know exactly what I did that worked, but eventually I got the app back to a usable state. If I try to play this album again, the same problems occur, so this is a repeatable error.

Hi,

Do you have  this problem with other album or only this one ?

41 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I am not shopping to purchase albums.  I just want to stream them.

You can find them via the shop and clic to listen on player.

I had this filter to the search enging : #multichannel

This one will filter only releases on  search result. You can also combo with query like "#multichannel jordi savall"

Regards

19 hours ago, RichardSF said:

I've only had the problem with this particular album, where it effectively causes the Windows app to become disabled even after restarting.

Generally, I've had UI responsiveness issues on the Windows app, I joined Qobuz USA a few weeks ago and last year I had a preview trial given away at an audio show. The Windows app was running better last year than now.

While music is playing, the UI is very unresponsive if I try to browse or search the catalog (e.g. as much as 15 seconds to respond to a click or scroll). Even after an album or playlist has finished playing, the responsiveness remains very sluggish until I manually clear the play queue. Speaking as a software engineer, this is a symptom of code that is running CPU intensive operations in the UI thread, blocking the UI from updating responsively. Operations that are not directly related to UI should run in a background worker thread.

Thanks for this feedback. I have this issue too. Until the buffering is not finish, UI is very sluggish.

13 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

maybe you can get someone to supply some technical details on 5.1 and what gear/path is required for proper playback.

I'm sure that if you buy multichannel album this will work. I have to check if our applications can stream multichannel or only stereo.

7 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Anyone know of a documentation/link that shows various searching options under Qobuz?  Couple of pages back David Craff had mentioned "#multichannel" to search for multichannel albums, so looking for other options to be more explicit about search.  Right now all my search is free form.

I know this was mentioned previously but is the option to sort the results implemented yet?

No documentation yet about search engine. This hashtag filters are being tested and will arrive with the redesign of the search engine in the desktop. I can't share them with you knowing that they change regularly.

#multichannel was only made to meet a need and can be changed later

On 2/22/2019 at 11:26 PM, Musicophile said:

David,

Please use your influence on this topic to tell Qobuz how much this matters.

I really love the service, and have used it for years now, but the search function and, closely linked, the meta tagging of the stuff on offer, could be one of their biggest differentiation factors in the market, especially for classical, but also e.g. differentiating the different remasters of an album.

After all, they are targeting classical music lovers and audiophiles, where those things just matter.

And at this point, search is still pretty much a mess. If

Furthermore, as already flagged previously, I have yet to find an exhaustive list of all new releases, not just the "selection" Qobuz considers relevant.

This is still what I consider Qobuz biggest weakness, or maybe not a weakness, but clearly a lack of positive differentiation.

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback.

I'm in charge of the search engine and know that there is lot's of thing to improve.

The best way to help me, if you want, is to explain me your issue. You can answer this question to do that : 

- Which platform did you use to search on Qobuz? (Desktop, Android, iOS, Sonos...)

- What type of product are you looking for? (Release, artiste, track...)

- What are you looking for? (ex: 3rd movement of Sonata of Piano no. 14 of Beethoven)

- What did you enter?

- Did you find what you were looking for and explain? *

As I explain before I have created some hashtags to test the search engine. Some of them can answer you needs, but stay as beta and can be change in the future. They only work for release, not for artists, tracks, playlists...

Here they are, but don't forget that they may disappear, change or not work properly at any time.

- #HiRes to filter only Hi-Res file, but this one is not set for streaming only (for the moment)

- #MutilChannel to filter release in 5.1

- #NewRelease to filter only new product < 1 month

- #ComposerOnly to filter the query to composer only

- #Award to filter release with award (Qobuz award or Press Award)

If you have idea for #hashtag, tell me.

Regards

11 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

I'm wondering a little bit what this people are doing all day long.🤔

Come on, this album is top of Qobuz charts for download and streaming and your "department" hasn't noticed so far that there is anything strange with the resolution?

Anyway, thank you for transferring! I hope you've done the same with the other obviously upsampled albums in the Qobuz catalog I've posted here recently because I still cannot see any progress.

I do not wonder that it is an UMG album.

It's very frustrating to take time out of a problem, to finally have that kind of comment. I will now focus on issues directly related to the products I manage.

2 hours ago, phosphorein said:

MacOS Qobuz app sometimes will not play complete tracks. I had this issue today with Fischer’s Mahler 7 Fourth and Fifth movements. I’ve tried restarting the app and clearing the cache to no avail. This with the 24/192 stream. No known internet problems locally.

Hi

Go to another track then click on "..." from the track with the issue and remove it from cache. Then play again.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:16 PM, Just4fun said:

I can confirm that I ran into the exact same problem yesterday, while enjoying this eminent new version of Mahler´s 7. in gorgeous 24/192 through A+

Track 4 : no music after ca. 9 min. and the rest of the track.

Track 5 : no music after ca. 6 min. and the rest of the track.

The rest of the album went well.

Tried A+, Qobuz MacOS app on 2 different computers, IOS on iPhone Xs (16/44.1) all with the same outcome 😫

Wondering why both 24/192 and 16/44.1 seems to have the same problem.

Hope Qobuz can require at new set of files from Channel Classic so we can enjoy this fine music fully 😌

Sent to the department concerned.

Regards