IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I've noticed on my Qobuz app on my Android phone, along the bottom task bar, on the "Offline Library" icon there is a little red dot, and it looks like a tiny "1" inside it and there is a down arrow constantly moving down over this icon. I have never used the Offline Library, did I inadvertently turn on downloading to my offline library? I cannot figure out how to turn this off.

Also, "My Weekly Q" never seems to include anything I've ever listened to, and doesn't even seem to follow my favorite genres. Is there any way to set Qobuz so the Weekly Q is more accurate, or increase better quality music discovery? Also, the Weekly Q lists only about 30 songs. Is there any way to increase the number of songs? It seems music discovery with Qobuz is fairly dismal, or I'm doing something wrong...

TIA

"If you don't dig the blues you got a hole in your soul" - Albert King

Hi fellow audiophiles! This is my first post and I’m Dutch, so I hope you’ll excuse me for my poor English in advance…

My issue with Qobuz is a specific one and I haven’t found it anywhere else on the internet yet. On my Astell & Kern Sr25 I run the 6.9.2.4 APK. Everything is fine, until I play a 24/192 file AND the screen of the Sr25 is off (black). The music begins to stutter. Doesn’t matter if I’m streaming through WiFi or if it’s an offline file from my offline library. As soon as I activate the screen of the Sr25, the stutter stops. Then, after 1 minute the screen goes black again (standard setting on the Sr25) and the stuttering starts again. It feels like the Sr25 powers down it’s cpu along with the screen. 

Already contacted A&K support, they only replied they don’t officially support open service apps and pointed me to the 6.9.2.4 APK version which I already have installed. 

I hope I made the issue clear and anyone can relate, because as far as I can tell I’m the only one 😉.

Kind regards,

Martijn

4 hours ago, Martijn said:

Hi fellow audiophiles! This is my first post and I’m Dutch, so I hope you’ll excuse me for my poor English in advance…

My issue with Qobuz is a specific one and I haven’t found it anywhere else on the internet yet. On my Astell & Kern Sr25 I run the 6.9.2.4 APK. Everything is fine, until I play a 24/192 file AND the screen of the Sr25 is off (black). The music begins to stutter. Doesn’t matter if I’m streaming through WiFi or if it’s an offline file from my offline library. As soon as I activate the screen of the Sr25, the stutter stops. Then, after 1 minute the screen goes black again (standard setting on the Sr25) and the stuttering starts again. It feels like the Sr25 powers down it’s cpu along with the screen. 

Already contacted A&K support, they only replied they don’t officially support open service apps and pointed me to the 6.9.2.4 APK version which I already have installed. 

I hope I made the issue clear and anyone can relate, because as far as I can tell I’m the only one 😉.

Kind regards,

Martijn

Does this only happen with Qobuz?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 12/9/2022 at 3:33 PM, David Craff said:

For now, we prefer to focus on Qobuz Connect which will replace Google Cast in most cases.

Hi David
does the connect function allow connection with HQP Embedded ?
not possible at the moment, will it be possible in the future? 

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

2 hours ago, Martijn said:

Haven't tried it with a native file yet. I’ll try and post the findings here! 

I just ripped 10 files in HQ flac format (24/192) and put them on the SD card. Played them with the native player software from the SR25. No stuttering at all. So looks like it's an Qobuz APK / app issue.

16 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

You appear to be looking at this the other way around - it would be up to HQPe to support Qobuz Connect. So your questions are probably best directed at HQ Player's representatives.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

7 hours ago, Martijn said:

57 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I just ripped 10 files in HQ flac format (24/192) and put them on the SD card. Played them with the native player software from the SR25. No stuttering at all. So looks like it's an Qobuz APK / app issue.

Not sure if there has been a misunderstanding with A&K support, but according to their website, they are supposed to officially support APKs installed using their OpenApp Service as long as they are of the versions listed (as tested & working without any issues).

According to the supplied tables, that would be Qobuz APK version 6.8.0.0 for your SR25, not 6.9.2.4:

https://us.astellnkern.com/apps/help-center#faq-what-music-streaming-services-and-app-versions-are-supported-by-the-open-app-feature

image.png.e336682c2e90cc0ac9ada5a8efa5f4e3.png

The 6.8.0.0 version is available for download on the A&K recommended apkpure.com website, BTW (at least for me - I'm UK based):

https://apkpure.com/qobuz/com.qobuz.music/versions

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

5 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Not sure if there has been a misunderstanding with A&K support, but according to their website, they are supposed to officially support apk's installed using their OpenApp Service as long as its the version listed as tested & working without any issues. According to the supplied tables, that would be Qobuz apk version 6.8.0.0 for your SR25, not 6.9.2.4:

https://us.astellnkern.com/apps/help-center#faq-what-music-streaming-services-and-app-versions-are-supported-by-the-open-app-feature

image.png.e336682c2e90cc0ac9ada5a8efa5f4e3.png

The 6.8.0.0 version is available for download on the A&K recommended apkpure.com website, BTW (at least for me - I'm UK based):

https://apkpure.com/qobuz/com.qobuz.music/versions

Thanx for reply! I’ll try the 6.8.0.0 version. This was (a part of) their reply BTW: 

1.       Please delete all installed Qobuz apk. The Qobuz apk in the 'OpenService' folder of SR25 must also be deleted.

-          Please delete files by connecting the computer and the device.

2.       Please recommended to try again after Settings reset (Settings - System Reset - Settings reset) of the product.

3.       Please reinstall the apk from the link below and try again.

Qobuz 6.9.2.4-APK

2 hours ago, Martijn said:

That should help troubleshoot. 

Can anyone else duplicate this one?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 12/10/2022 at 7:08 AM, One and a half said:

So overall Qobuz is listening really to a different type of DAC in a way. Totally depends primarily on the client, then the network topology, then tweaks.

Another test you may do is to download a bitperfect copy of a Qobuz track you stream from, usually by purchasing it.  See if the same track plays with different sound quality for local network streaming vs Qobuz internet streaming for the same audio hardware - I assume you use Lumin.  If you do hear a difference, this gives a clue as to what components are making the difference.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

7 hours ago, wklie said:

Another test you may do is to download a bitperfect copy of a Qobuz track you stream from, usually by purchasing it.  See if the same track plays with different sound quality for local network streaming vs Qobuz internet streaming for the same audio hardware - I assume you use Lumin.  If you do hear a difference, this gives a clue as to what components are making the difference.

I see what your're thinking here, will try a download, but I don't have much opportunity this week, until the weekend.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

On 12/11/2022 at 4:38 PM, giordy60 said:

Hi David

Qobuz Connect on other software than ours is not planned for the moment.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:42 AM, Martijn said:

Installed the 6.8.0.0 APK. Still the same, but I think I found the cause of the issue. It’s the EQ. The stutter doesn’t happen when the EQ of the SR25 is turned off. Even if the screen is off (black). When I turn on the EQ and the screen is black, the 24/192 kHz file begins to stutter. Bummer, because my iSine 20’s really need the EQ 🙈. I will also report this to A&k support.

For now I found a workaround, so I hope this helps anyone who encounters the same issue. In the Qobuz app settings / streaming options on the A&K SR25 I selected the "only play files up to 24/96 kHz" option (for both Mobile and Wifi usage). Of course this hurts my audiophile hart, but nothing worse then a stuttering audiostream.

Hi @David Craff, not sure whether this has been requested before, so I‘ll ask: For the Qobuz Android App, a bit of user comfort should be added.

On the My Qobuz > My Favorites list > Filter (search box), no ”X“ shows up after one has entered a filter/search text to facilitate clearing the entire input with one touch. (Currently, one has to backspace each character or double-tap words, which takes you to unwanted spell checks and the like - no solution.)

No ”X“ on the main Local Music > Filter (search box) either.

Such an ”X“, however, currently on Android is available on the main Search tab from the bottom. (I also took a quick look at the iOS App, which satisfactorily has ”X“ buttons on these text input fields.)

I would be grateful - and I guess others too - if you could add those ”X“ buttons to the various filter/search text input fields everywhere in the Android App.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

What is this piece? Are you physically connecting to a DAC input with an OTG cable from the phone, or is the Marantz/Denon a network streamer offering a DLNA/UPnP connection?

A Marantz/Denin AV receiver, connected to Internet, with integrated HiRes DAC and DLNA/UPnP capabilities.

1 hour ago, thegios said:

Ok.. I have two options though...

1. Use Only Bubble, choosing music from there

2. Use Qobuz app and share with Bubble

Either one works, using share does preserve the native sample rate in my setup, however I'd have no idea if it is actually bitperfect or not (I don't see why it won't be).

I personally use option #1, as I see no benefit to the added step/complexity of option #2. I find Bubble's UI perfectly serviceable and nothing lacking there as opposed to using the Qobuz native app.

Perhaps someday Qobuz Connect will no longer be vaporware, at which point we might finally stop with these workarounds, until then I will just use Bubble as it has served me very well.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group