IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 7/26/2018 at 8:39 AM, vortecjr said:

Thanks Chris.

Qobuz recently added DLNA streaming support. Has anyone been able to make this work with the various DLNA devices out in the wild?

Hi, The DLNA portion of the site is in Beta... Please don't expect it to work properly on everything. But we are working on it and hopefully will be complete by launch.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:29 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I have the Sonore Signature Rendu SE, dCS Rossini, a couple Klipsch Three speakers, and a TV on my network today and the Rendu is the only item that doesn't appear in the Qobuz DLNA / UPnP selection menu. I'll do some thorough testing right now and add some other devices. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.25.17 AM.png

22 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

Well that is encouraging.

In all the years that I have been a Tidal subscriber, not once has Tidal represented themselves here.

Welcome!!!

Glad to be here, Rod. Hope I can be of service.

17 hours ago, Polyglot said:

I don't know if this is the right place for the question but, when will Qobuz enable album search? Currently you can only search for artists. If you search for "Haydn Quartets" or "Bach Walcha" you get nothing. This severely hinders discovery, takes all the fun out of streaming, and makes the service very user-unfriendly. 

There is also a bug where some album covers won't load.

Hi Polyglot, I'm searching on my Mac w the app and can't seem to duplicate your problem. I just took a stab at one of your searches, whic is fairly wide and came up with this. "Bach Walcha" Please also keep in mind this is the beta version.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.23.27 PM.png

1 minute ago, Polyglot said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer all these questions.

I created another account and on that one I am able to search for albums, so the problem is somehow related to the way in which you create your account.

On another topic, many recordings that came up on the old account no longer show up on the new one. Those by the MDG label for instance, or by the Florestan Trio. It is exceedingly troubling that large swathes of recordings might be locked up behind regional restrictions. I find this trend to carve up the world and restrict what each person can listen to based on their geographic location alarming. I believe that for the moment I will continue to support an open format such as the CD where anyone anywhere can listen to whichever recording they choose.

Thanks again for your time. Regards.

My pleasure. Once we get the service up and running in N.America, it'll all come together, just like it did when I was launching Tidal over here. Plus, there will be a free trial period, so you can try out the real thing. All the best and we'll be here when you're ready. 

On 7/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, rickca said:

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist I have been using Qobuz for 3 years now.  I switched from TIDAL and never looked back.  Obviously, I'm very satisfied with Qobuz.

I will want to change my account from France to the USA (let's just say I'm relocating).  Will I need to set up a new USA account and cancel my existing account in France, or is there going to be a smoother way to transition?

Hi Rick, Once we actually launch, this will be very easy to do. We'll get support involved, but this is no problem.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:40 PM, sockpit said:

Will the launch include DNLA on the iOS app as well as the Mac desktop app?  That would be heavenly.  I can pretty much live with Qobuz’s excellent iPad app and my microRendu.  Thx!

Getting launched is the main goal for the engineering team. That's the first order of business. I'll keep you up to date as more info is available.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

My DLNA testing was with the Qobuz desktop app for macOS and a dCS Rossini DAC.

I totally get it... If there's a button, it will be tried. If the button says beta, it will still be tried and people will see first hand why it's listed as beta...

At this point, I've asked the engineers to remove it until it's ready for prime time.

My recommendation: Don't use the UPnP/DLNA and expect it to work well.

4 minutes ago, sockpit said:

New Qobuz iOS update stops frequently at random and seems to drop my uRendu from the network completely.  This is not progress.  Am back using Lumin, A+.   

Anyone else experiencing trouble with recent update of iOS app?

Hi Sockpit, Sorry to hear this. I'm going to start my iOS now to try and replicate. If there are bugs, I know the team won't stop until they've resolved them. As far as the connectivity via the beta UpnP/DLNA, every unit can be different coding, which simply takes time and engineering. I still recommend waiting for the beta sign to come down before expecting it to work correctly. I think at present they are working on Chromecast. We'll get there and appreciate the excitement of "Just Work!" ? It may not seem like it, but the engineering and product teams are all working very hard to get the basic launch done and I'm sure, trying to take care of a few bugs the last update. Onward and upward. 

17 hours ago, sockpit said:

Thanks for being responsive.  I’m using the latest iOS Qobuz app, sending the data to my mRendu via its Shairport output.

I had this problem as soon as the app was released, then went out of town for a week, and returned to it happening again.  Could be my network, but the app had been working splendidly to Shairport prior to the last app upgrade.

best,

3 minutes ago, sockpit said:

Sorry, this is really annoying, David.  The upgraded app drops my mRendu Shairport connection so much it’s not worth it.  Qobuz should revert to previous version or build a report button onto the app so the user can quickly relay the bug and Qobuz quickly fix it.

I’m not super computer savvy but it was working with Shairport fine before the last software release.  

Not at all and I'm sure it's frustrating for you. I know we all wish UPnP and DLNA were totally standardized (especially me ? . Once they actually get to the Sonore product, I'm sure they'll figure it out. I love their gear and want one myself. I'll pass this on to engineering and find out if there's a planed date to tackle the issues.

2 hours ago, rickca said:

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist I'm sure you know that nothing turns off a subscriber faster than things that just don't work coupled with unresponsive tech support.

You can have a world class rollout but frustrated customers are really hard to get back.

I left TIDAL for Qobuz 3 years ago because TIDAL made a real mess of their CDN transition and streaming was just plain unreliable. 

Hi Rick, I was actually on the launch team for Tidal and remember some of the glitches well. Of course, they were eventually fixed. I expect we'll have a few too as streaming hi-res isn't not the easiest thing to set up, but I will be available as much as possible and know that if and when glitches occur, there are a bunch of really smart dedicated people working on a solution. I'm pretty sure that's true of all of the streaming services. I've found this frustration many times with upgraded OS, but find they too work as fast as possible to remedy the various and sometimes random unintended problems.

Living in a world of immediate gratification is sometimes madding when we don't see the guys on the other end fixing difficult problems in out time frame.

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Question for the group in general.  I am looking at the subscription information on the Qobuz Great Britain website and I see the following options for subscription:

Hi-Fi (FLAC 16-bit / 44.1 streaming)

Sublime (which is Hi-Fi, with option to download music at steep discount)

Sublime+ (24bit FLAC up to 192Khz + discounted download for Hi-Res)

I did not see an option for just Hi-Res streaming?  Is that correct?

There will be that option. I should be getting final pricing hopefully this week.

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

David,

Have you realised that @sockpit's issue is to do an AirPlay connectivity problem with the Qobuz iOS app to play to the Sonore microRendu, ie, it's nothing to do with UPnP/DLNA?

No. As of now, our guys don't have any of the Sonore product. It's all one step at a time. I'm trying to be a conduit, however can't stress enough that it's still a beta product. At this point, the main goal is to get launched in N/ America, which unfortunately trumps this one feature.