IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

12 minutes ago, logicsound said:
33 minutes ago, elcorso said:

In other forums the discussions end different ... !!!

http://forum.accurateshooter.com

Roch

Read more  

What's that supposed to mean?  That disagreements should end in gun violence?  

Dude - after recent events, after that post you should be summarily banned here...

What the heck has CA come to?

There are worse ways for a conflict to end than either banning or leaving. Banning is entirely CC,s prerogative as is his moderation style. In the past I have recommended greater moderation and was voted down by CA members. It was also suggested by some I go elsewhere. NOT by CC I should quickly add.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

15 minutes ago, logicsound said:

I just spoke with my attorney - it seems that CA and CC could be held accountable for allowing this kind of slander, malicious personal attacks, and now concealed threats of violence.

Not what Audio should be about...thread bullies who act like they run the place.

Disgusting place

Too far !

Sound Minds Mind Sound

5 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

If you have an attorney, and if they are telling you that the site hosting the discussion forum can successfully be sued for what members of the forum say on it, then you might want to consider consulting with another attorney.

If you were to sue CA for "allowing slander," it wouldn't be a question of whether or not you'd win. The only questions would be whether you'd lose via dismissal of the claim, or whether you'd lose by a judge's ruling prior to a jury trial - and whether or not you'd merely lose, or lose and be forced to pay CA's legal fees as well.

Also worth noting that your attorney would get their hourly billables regardless of what happened.

I would just add "allegedly" allowing slander.

Also the "concealed threats of violence" is simply misconstrued. If this relates to @elcorso post, the worst you could sue him for is his taste in humour, which I happen to share!

Sound Minds Mind Sound

On 6/8/2018 at 2:48 AM, Quadman said:

The whole stage starts 3 feet behind my speakers

On 6/8/2018 at 1:51 PM, sandyk said:

Does the soundstage also extend to the listening position, and even behind it with suitable material  ?

11 hours ago, sandyk said:

Normally the sound will at least come from in line with, or a little in front of the speakers.

10 hours ago, mansr said:

That depends almost entirely on the room and speaker placement.

My understanding is that soundstaging, where the image is on the soundstage, is determined by the recording. The quality and qualities of the image is determined by the room/speaker interaction. Eg Omnidirectional speakers in a highly reflective room produces huge images locked between the speakers. The more common directional speakers produce more focused  realistically sized images, provided room early reflections are absorbed.

My experience is that images are placed mostly at the level of the speakers and extend backwards (depth). That said it can occur that the vocal in some recordings push out a bit forward of the speakers. This might be in recordings that have some midrange "presence" boost in the Eq.  Barry Diament explained that sometimes the latter occurs due to direct and reflected sound combining in an untreated recording booth causing a dip in midrange and the engineer compensating by (unnecessarily) boosting same. When played back it sounds brighter and edgier than it should. He didn't mention pushing the image forwards but I guess that may be a feasible illusion/consequence. It may also explain why some gear sounds more aggressive than others, say if they are emphasizing the mids that seem to be jumping out at you rather than drawing you in.

Yeh I have recordings where sound circles around the room. A neat illusion done with tricky phase manipulations in the recording so I am told IIRC

Sound Minds Mind Sound

10 minutes ago, sandyk said:

But not starting at 3 feet behind the speakers , and going further back.

In many rooms the speakers will not even be 3 feet from the rear walls and such a system will compress the soundstage.

Exactly.

I suppose there may be recordings engineered that way the same as there are recordings that have sounds circling the room. However if many/most recordings start 3' behind the plane of the drivers I would describe it as "recessed".

Sound Minds Mind Sound

26 minutes ago, jabbr said:

It is very well known that the effect of psylocybin on human spatial and time perception (soundstage) is drastically higher than that of power cables.

Both are highly subjective. Psylocybin is much more effective and has a known mechanism of action beyond placebo. 

Psylocybin Hallucination beats placebo any day. Placebo is just an hallucination that isn't really there !O.o?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

7 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Not for me, I am personally concerned with understanding what affects audio quality/SQ, and when reasonable physical explanations are lacking, the fact that higher cortical function is a powerful modulator of sensation, remains.

"when reasonable physical explanations are lacking, the fact that higher cortical function is a powerful modulator of sensation, remains."

I think we are dealing with two facts in that proposed scenario:

1) Physical explanations are lacking

2) cortical function is a powerful modulator of sensation

The conclusions drawn from those premises seem to be wildly different depending on one's belief system.

Sound Minds Mind Sound