IGNORED

JVS Cheerleads an MQA CD..Sis Boom Bah!

2 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Here mostly it's people not being  ignorant  of science, but being actively against science when they know  zero about what they are posting. I let them stick to their knitting , they should not question mine. And I'm not trying to sell them anything. EG -  "USB reclocker" - it's utter nonsense, all the clocking is done in the DAC.  What's  in front of it is irrelevant.

Your characterization of most people here is ill-informed. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

32 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Here mostly it's people not being  ignorant  of science, but being actively against science when they know  zero about what they are posting.

12 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

I didn't say most of them were ignorant. Do  the  minority  that are argue with their heart surgeon or the guy who's flying the airplane?

I've been doing computers for 30 years plus and am still doing it.

Our  latest bits can be zero, one, or both at the same time,  whether some architect or surgeon  agrees or not :)

You used the word "mostly" and I understand that to mean most of the people. Did I misunderstand?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, Spacehound said:

This is what I posted. And meant :)

"Here mostly it's people not being  ignorant  of science"

So yes.

Don't you see how this can be interpreted as most people?

For example, in Poland, mostly it's people of Polish ancestry. 

I take that to mean most people in Poland are of Polish ancestry.

MIS interpreted in my context. And MOST Americans, probably including you,   don't have a native language :) 

Your native language could have been used better explaining. 

P.S. America has several native languages, but they've disappeared when the people were wiped out.

I just say what I believe to be the truth. And on computer' stuff it  almost always  is -  they think I am  good enough to get called back part - time  after 8 years of retirement (at 57). .

However, Mrs Mark Powell   would  agree with you, though she says everything,   she's a 'stream of consciousness' talker. 

I don't understand a word of what you wrote, but that's neither here nor there.

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

I don't think I will.  Ban me if you wish.  I have not seen Christopher3393 contribute anything since the majority of regulars disagreed with his ideas in the "civility thread" (can't recall - did he not start that thread as well?).  I have only seen him pop up here and there to complain about "tone" that he does not agree with.

Since I don't send PM's bitching and complaining take this as my first:

Just who died and made Christopher3393 boss?  Why is his "snowflake" understanding holding sway?  Why does his snitching get a response more often than not?  Who is this guy (or gal)??

Rules are rules. Way more people use the "report post" function than him. What's wrong with someone reporting violations?

1 minute ago, Spacehound said:

It's one company, not a  'conglomerate in which they can hide things.  And  our tax people are not notably stupid.

From Wikipedia:

In 2007 just under 50% of the company's shareholding was sold to the Muse Group, a consortium of the Swiss-based luxury goods group Richemont and U.S. film company New Regency. Muse is now a majority shareholder and is 100 percent owned by Reinet Investments, a sister company of Richemont.[4][5] Robert Haefling departed soon after and was replaced by Tim Ireland, the previous COO of Mission Loudspeakers. Following the acquisition, and perhaps under the influence of Muse and Richemont, Meridian began to reposition itself as more of a luxury goods manufacturer and opened a series of flagship stores. Performance suffered and almost 20% of the company's workforce was laid off in late 2008. The decade since has seen many changes in the board of directors and business profitability has remained modest compared with the ambitions of the company when it was acquired by Muse. Ironically, the majority of the company's revenue now comes not from hi-fi products but from the contract to supply Jaguar Land Rover with audio systems for its vehicles (these systems are actually manufactured in China by a contract partner rather than by Meridian in the UK) and MQA - Bob Stuart's audio file compression technology.