IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

5 hours ago, Zaza said:
Hello Keetakawee, I happily use fidelizer pro with satisfaction and each version always improves something, and I would like to ask you if for the next update you could add in the "processor priority policy" box also the possibility of not making changes to the registry key in order to keep my personal preference.:)

thank's for your job!
Regards

Processor Priority Policy box is already part of Pro feature version that you can choose and most improvements in Pro features involved permanent changes in registry key. I can't add that feature without affecting registry because it's registry tweak.

Most changes in Fidelizer are temporary except exclusive Pro features. What registry key do you want to preserve for preference? Do you mean adding no change apply option on Processor Priority Policy so users can keep custom tweaks?

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

6 hours ago, Windows X said:

Processor Priority Policy box is already part of Pro feature version that you can choose and most improvements in Pro features involved permanent changes in registry key. I can't add that feature without affecting registry because it's registry tweak.

Most changes in Fidelizer are temporary except exclusive Pro features. What registry key do you want to preserve for preference? Do you mean adding no change apply option on Processor Priority Policy so users can keep custom tweaks?

Regards,

Keetakawee

Hi, Yes I mean I can keep my custom tweaks and to be able to choose that they are not replaced by those present in the fidelizer...it's possible? :)
On 6/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, Zaza said:
Hi, Yes I mean I can keep my custom tweaks and to be able to choose that they are not replaced by those present in the fidelizer...it's possible? :)

It's possible for future update to add keeping current configuration for that. That'll be done in version 8.6. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fidelizer Pro

Some people asked since few months ago if Fidelizer development is still active and yes it is. I have some internal updates over time and don’t save features and optimizations to prolong version releases.

Now version 8.6 is ready with some changes and optimizations applied. I waited until Windows 10 with 20H1 update released first to confirm further changes and launch it with some bug fixes improvements.

Recently I have a client using Sonarworks as DSP sound card so I also added Sonarworks apps to be recognized as audio processes too. I also added option to preserve current Processor Priority Policy as requested. :)

Changelog for version 8.6

Free
-Fixed fidelizer.key data generation bug on some new cases
-Improved compatibility with Sonarworks Systemwide software
-Optimized code sequence to make media player application running sooner

Plus
-Added more non-audio services to be handled by Fidelizer after checking Windows 10 v2004 update

Pro
-Added more non-audio services to be handled by Fidelizer after checking Windows 10 v2004 update
-Added option to preserve current configuration in Processor Priority Policy

Download: Fidelizer 8.6
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

After publishing Fidelizer update, I’ll focus on updating portable products project a bit so expect something good for portable audio soon. :)

1 hour ago, Windows X said:

Fidelizer Pro

Some people asked since few months ago if Fidelizer development is still active and yes it is. I have some internal updates over time and don’t save features and optimizations to prolong version releases.

Now version 8.6 is ready with some changes and optimizations applied. I waited until Windows 10 with 20H1 update released first to confirm further changes and launch it with some bug fixes improvements.

Recently I have a client using Sonarworks as DSP sound card so I also added Sonarworks apps to be recognized as audio processes too. I also added option to preserve current Processor Priority Policy as requested. :)

Changelog for version 8.6

Free

Plus

Pro
-Added option to preserve current configuration in Processor Priority Policy

Download: Fidelizer 8.6
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

After publishing Fidelizer update, I’ll focus on updating portable products project a bit so expect something good for portable audio soon. :)

Thank You! :)

On 7/12/2020 at 8:13 AM, Mike6f said:

Its not clear to me what this product does. I run win10, foobar 2000 and VLC, with all output from the PC to my AV system digital, toslink or HDMI, or someday 1394, will this product make any changes to the digital output?

no, it doesn't change the digital output.  what fidelizer does is optimize the settings in your computer for audio applications.  while some may say "bits is bits" so what's the point, in my experience, fidelizer makes a audible improvement in computer audio.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Thank you for clarification. Fidelizer improves Windows multimedia framework to perform better improving audio/video quality. You can read more about how Fidelizer works in details below.

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/about-fidelizer/

Since Windows multimedia platform and OS itself gets improvements, all apps will gain improvements too thanks to MMCSS optimizations and other API level improvements added since NT6 kernel. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

On 7/13/2020 at 6:00 AM, jcn3 said:

no, it doesn't change the digital output.  what fidelizer does is optimize the settings in your computer for audio applications.  while some may say "bits is bits" so what's the point, in my experience, fidelizer makes a audible improvement in computer audio.

I'm not totally bits are bits, bit to bit timing is just as critical, and generally I am unhinged enough to require self censoring when posting on both Hydrogen Audio and Steve Hoffman forums for opposite reasons.

Most of my concern was that it might be changing the data, which bothers me when its done.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 8:48 PM, Mike6f said:

I'm not totally bits are bits, bit to bit timing is just as critical, and generally I am unhinged enough to require self censoring when posting on both Hydrogen Audio and Steve Hoffman forums for opposite reasons.

Most of my concern was that it might be changing the data, which bothers me when its done.

Thanks

Fidelizer doesn't have DSP process. Its job is to utilize Windows multimedia platform and OS itself for better audio performance that can improve all apps running on Windows. You can read how Fidelizer works in details from here.

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/about-fidelizer/

On 7/15/2020 at 4:59 PM, zacho said:

How's everyone finding Windows build 2004?

You can read my report from here.

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fidelizer-on-windows-10-v2004-may-2020-update-update-report/

Regards,

Keetakawee

• 4 months later...
On 25/6/2020 at 21:07, Windows X said:

È possibile che l'aggiornamento futuro aggiunga mantenendo la configurazione corrente per quello. Questo verrà fatto nella versione 8.6.:)

hello keetakewee! i tried the new keep current settings function in fidelizer, but i noticed that the priority separation parameter is brought to the value 0 and the irq8priority key is added anyway. it would be useful if this option did not make any changes inside the folder, just to have maximum freedom of choice of parameters! Thanks for the attention 🙂

Regards

1 hour ago, Zaza said:

hello keetakewee! i tried the new keep current settings function in fidelizer, but i noticed that the priority separation parameter is brought to the value 0 and the irq8priority key is added anyway. it would be useful if this option did not make any changes inside the folder, just to have maximum freedom of choice of parameters! Thanks for the attention 🙂

Regards

Thank you for your feedback. IRQ8 is general recommendation to improve system/realtime clock but another one is probably bugged code to write void data instead. I've fixed it now and will include in new update very soon. :)

6 hours ago, Windows X said:

Grazie per il tuo feedback. IRQ8 è una raccomandazione generale per migliorare l'orologio di sistema / in tempo reale, ma un altro è probabilmente un codice con bug per scrivere invece dati nulli. L'ho risolto ora e lo includerò molto presto nel nuovo aggiornamento. :)

thanks, much appreciated!

Regards

Emanuele

On 12/23/2020 at 5:35 AM, Zaza said:

Regards

Hi. Did you get new update and got reported bug to be resolved now?

Regards,

Keetakawee

6 hours ago, Zaza said:
Hi keetakewee, I was waiting for my copy by mail! 😊

Hi. Could you tell me your license name and mail address in PM again? I'll re-send it. Actually, you can re-download for updated too. I had to finish delivery before visiting parents so I didn't re-send whole thing due to 500 mails daily limit.

Regards,

Keetakawee

I have recently installed the Fidelizer Pro and am really impressed with SQ improvement.

But now I am considering the Nikola Linear Power supply for my laptop-which is my streaming source.

But I am slightly hesitant , because I am not convinced this hardware upgrade will actually result in any gains ,as most of the time I run on battery power only when serious listening.

Any comments Guys? 

2 hours ago, oldfirm said:

I have recently installed the Fidelizer Pro and am really impressed with SQ improvement.

But now I am considering the Nikola Linear Power supply for my laptop-which is my streaming source.

But I am slightly hesitant , because I am not convinced this hardware upgrade will actually result in any gains ,as most of the time I run on battery power only when serious listening.

Any comments Guys? 

I doubt it would have much effect with a laptop because the primary power source would be the battery. Just keep doing what you are doing and unplug the charger while listening.

I run JRiver (and Fidelizer) on a dedicated laptop, connected via lan with my NAS and Network player. I have two options to run JRiver on startup:

Option 1: check the option "enable media player application with core isolation policy..." or,

Option 2: uncheck the above option so Fidelizer does not start the application, but instead utilize the option within JRiver to start the Server only.

Option #1, starts JRiver in full i.e. including GUI

Option #2 starts Jriver in Server mode i.e. without GUI

Given that I try to minimize processes and resources in the PC running JRiver, which is the preferred option?

Thank you! 

Analogue: Michell Orbe SE,  SME IV, Van Der Hul MC10 special, Parasound JC3 (phono stage)

Digital sources: Sony SCD 1, Ayon S-10 II (network player / DAC)

Amplification: Krell KCT (pre), FBP-350mc monoblocks (x2)

Speakers: Dynaudio Evidence Temptation

Wiring: Atlas

On 1/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, oldfirm said:

Any comments Guys? 

Laptop powered by battery and also AC line on some devices when battery is fully charged. I also have experience with battery powered devices sounding better with Nikola as power charging source like Chord Mojo/Hugo and DAPs/smartphones.

Well, it's my personal experience so some people may not find audible improvements as much as I perceive.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:30 PM, sot13 said:

I run JRiver (and Fidelizer) on a dedicated laptop, connected via lan with my NAS and Network player. I have two options to run JRiver on startup:

Option 1: check the option "enable media player application with core isolation policy..." or,

Option 2: uncheck the above option so Fidelizer does not start the application, but instead utilize the option within JRiver to start the Server only.

Option #1, starts JRiver in full i.e. including GUI

Option #2 starts Jriver in Server mode i.e. without GUI

Given that I try to minimize processes and resources in the PC running JRiver, which is the preferred option?

Thank you! 

In version 8.7, you can start JRiver in server mode and also choose to JRiver as Media Player Application to try with startup optimizations from Fidelizer so server process can be applied too. I can't confirm whether it will sound better in your system or not but you can tweak around and try what you like the most.  

Regards,

Keetakawee

11 hours ago, Windows X said:

In version 8.7, you can start JRiver in server mode and also choose to JRiver as Media Player Application to try with startup optimizations from Fidelizer so server process can be applied too. I can't confirm whether it will sound better in your system or not but you can tweak around and try what you like the most.  

Regards,

Keetakawee

Thanks @Windows X. Can you please clarify how I do this?  Wouldn't that result in JRiver running in two instances?

Analogue: Michell Orbe SE,  SME IV, Van Der Hul MC10 special, Parasound JC3 (phono stage)

Digital sources: Sony SCD 1, Ayon S-10 II (network player / DAC)

Amplification: Krell KCT (pre), FBP-350mc monoblocks (x2)

Speakers: Dynaudio Evidence Temptation

Wiring: Atlas