IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

1 hour ago, sot13 said:

@Windows X Urgent!!! I did the latest Windows 10 update, and upon the necessary laptop restarting Fidelizer reported that "...is not built to run for this machine..."! Obviously I have changed nothing in my hardware, but still! Please help!

False alarm!!! Please ignore. On second reboot, everything worked fine!

I see. I'm happy to hear Fidelizer license is working fine now and happy listening. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Setting up for Foobar2k

Hi All

1st post here so be nice  (I'm an old codger). I have been using Fidelizer Free Version, but have paid and installed Pro 8.7

I'm a Headfier and run a topping e30 with Darkvoice and a soon to be RME ADI-2 fs.

I purchased the software primarily to help with my clicks and pops, but of course an enamored with the sonic improvements as well.

Following Keetakawee settings for Foobar, he states stat MMCSS settings should be set in "Audio", however by default Foobar comes up as "Pro Audio". My question is, should I change the setting to reflect "Audio" or keep it as "Pro Audio".

I'm sure I'll have other questions in the future. Thanks for all the threads. I read all 10 pages.

Actually I had just done a fresh install of Windows and bugger me if it hasn't returned back to MMCSS "Audio", so that's that answered.

So I suppose my next question is that I have selected "Consumer" to get me started.

But I'm still getting clicks and pops!

I've set Foobar2k to Wasabi Event, Buffer Length is 1000ms, Output is 24bit, 

The Topping Dac is set to 2 channels 24bit Buffer 512 samples and "Safe Mode" unchecked (as recommended by Keetakawee)

And Sound Playback Properties is set to 24bit, 44100 Hz

My laptop is only a year old with an i5 processor and 8Gig RAM, SSD and I connect my Topping through 2mtrs of Supra USB cable.

I would pull my hair out if I had any!

What am I missing here please?

2 hours ago, That St Kilda Guy said:

But I'm still getting clicks and pops!

Clicks and pops are typical signs of data transfer latency problems. Just run the free LatencyMon tool. Sometimes there are old drivers that need to be updated.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, That St Kilda Guy said:

Setting up for Foobar2k

Hi All

1st post here so be nice  (I'm an old codger). I have been using Fidelizer Free Version, but have paid and installed Pro 8.7

I'm a Headfier and run a topping e30 with Darkvoice and a soon to be RME ADI-2 fs.

I purchased the software primarily to help with my clicks and pops, but of course an enamored with the sonic improvements as well.

Following Keetakawee settings for Foobar, he states stat MMCSS settings should be set in "Audio", however by default Foobar comes up as "Pro Audio". My question is, should I change the setting to reflect "Audio" or keep it as "Pro Audio".

I'm sure I'll have other questions in the future. Thanks for all the threads. I read all 10 pages.

Hi. You should change foobar2000 profile from Pro Audio to Audio. Most applications use default Audio one unless software requests another and Fidelizer optimizes Audio for better sound quality.

You may consider turning off device that cause DPC latency spike like wireless network adapter or some bios features related to ACPI too.

Regards,

Keetakawee

10 hours ago, That St Kilda Guy said:

Thanks for the reply

I increased my buffer size inside the Topping Driver to 2048, turned off a few startups to help DPC latency and am using the Fidelizer 15.6 buffer as well. I think the biggest help came from turning OFF page file Seemed to fix the problems. Thanks for the suggestions,

With pleasure and happy listening. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

17 hours ago, DomiJi said:

Hello :-)

i want to use Fidelizer Pro for Audirvana. Which profile would you recommend?

Best

Dominik

I recommend Network Player audio profile if you also use streaming services or NAS. For local playback only, Audio Player should be optimal profile. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

13 hours ago, oldfirm said:

I read from Phil -AO that it is prudent to reduce latency as low as possible - He recommends this in his set up guide.

Reducing the buffer size  to 128 , results in a latency of circa 1 m/sec - I have not detected any hiccups from my cpu 

Reducing latency will also reduce jitter threshold range so optimizing for lowest stable latency playback is recommended and Fidelizer can also help archiving lower stable latency also. However, some device may have higher I/O interruption module or implementation making low latency impossible as well.

Regards,

Keetakawee

On 5/21/2021 at 5:07 PM, DomiJi said:

Did you mean the ASIO buffersize? With the help of Fidelizer i can go from the standard 2048 samples down to 8 samples. Is this the best and recommend setting i can achieve in terms of SQ?

The optimal value should be what works best with your device and your system after testing all values. Generally lower stable value is better but too low can affect sound signature or stability negatively.

6 hours ago, DomiJi said:

Hello Fidelizer Users,

i was wondering which Processor Priotity Policy you like the most? I use "Long / Fixed - Natural harmonics with linear sound" at the moment and i really like it. What do you use?

I also like Long / Fixed the most and that's my default option. Some people may prefer others and that's fine for them too. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

On 6/1/2021 at 5:03 AM, DomiJi said:

Hello @Keetakawee

What settings Do you recommend for Core Isolation Policy and the best SQ? 

Is Realtime better than High Performance (default) 

Thanks and many greetings :-) 

Those features are optional tweaks and don't have general recommendation. You may try Realtime with Apply core isolation policy option and see if it's stable and you like it better. Some apps may not work with apply core isolation policy or realtime priority with good stability so default High priority without apply core isolation is more reliable.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, oldfirm said:

I have given up core parking and have pursued DSD up sampling in DSP ROON .

For me the results so far have been quite eye opening .

It seems results on SQ varies dependent on DAC type.

That's true. Some DACs in some combination can be more preferable with upsampling. Using DSD upsampling will require all cores to function with good stability too. It's best to try new options form time to time for periodically fine tuning. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fidelizer Pro

Hi guys. It’s been a long while since last 8.7 release. I’ve been busy with Nimitra firmware 4.0 update so the update of version 8.8 was postponed for a while due to testing and changes to make on Nimitra’s project.

On the bright side, we have Windows 11 coming and so I can take opportunities to explore changes in Windows 11 and improve Fidelizer to support changes on Windows 11 better.

Another good news is Mr. Hiroyuki Yokota is finally back and released a new update of MinorityClean. I’ve been observing his projects for a while and realized I haven’t put MinorityClean app to be recognized as audio app yet. Now it’s fixed.

Changelog for version 8.8

Free
-Improved compatibility with MinorityClean software
-Improved wording of some options in Advanced Configuration section

Plus
-Added more non-audio services to be handled by Fidelizer after checking Windows 11 Insider Preview update
-Fixed license re-validation that checks only processor information

Pro
-Added more non-audio services to be handled by Fidelizer after checking Windows 11 Insider Preview update
-Fixed license re-validation that checks only processor information

Download: Fidelizer 8.8
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

The latest official Windows 11 Insider Preview release in website is version 22000.132 so Fidelizer 8.8 was tested on Windows 11 version 22000.132 before release with great results. 

• 8 months later...

Fidelizer 8.9 released – Improved multi-core optimization and compatibility with Windows 11 / MajiorityClean / LemonadeElitest

Fidelizer Pro

After Windows 11 is released officially, I’ve been testing Fidelizer with Windows new 11 platform and optimize program’s compatibility with Windows 11 since then. As a result, stability with Windows 10/11 is improved in higher user levels and sound better too.

Also, I noticed that multi-core optimization in Fidelizer has some issues with machine having some cores disabled in BIOS. So I improved multi-core optimization to work on enabled cores and improve core isolation policy with media player application also.

This update is important and I highly recommend everyone to install this update. Mr. Hiroyuki Yokota also released his new MajiorityClean and LemonadeElitest software so Fidelizer 8.9 will support his new works too and happy listening. :)

Changelog for version 8.9

Free
-Changed Hyper Threading detection from floating point unit to enabled core
-Fixed option “Enforce non-audio process to use only one core” not working
-Fixed multiple-instances of media player application optimization not working properly
-Improved optimization compatibility with Windows 10/11
-Improved software compatibility with MajiorityClean and LemonadeElitest

Plus
-Fixed multiple-instances of media player application optimization not working properly
-Improved multi-core optimization between media player application and core isolation policy

Pro
-Changed program to prompt for system restart when startup feature is selected
-Fixed some services not being restored from disabled after user level change or uninstallation
-Improved multi-core optimization between media player application and core isolation policy

Download: Fidelizer 8.9
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

You can download latest version of purchased Fidelizer software from the same download link that we sent in email before. If you are not sure where to download purchased Fidelizer software, feel free to contact us and request software download link.

• 11 months later...

Just got the 8.10 release from Keetakawee a few days ago.

As always I don't know how it works but there is something different and improved in the sound.

Initial impressions on my setup is better definition in the bass frequencies.  

Seems like there is more detail and delicacy in the sound.  Sounds great!

Highly recommend anyone using Fidelizer to try out 8.10

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110