IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

I only use Fidelizer 8.2 as a tweak.
System iFi micro dsd blac label + Sennheiser HD800 + Windows 10 Pro and Audirvana plus windows.

I convert music tracks to dsd 256 with audirvana.

To my ear; I was very pleased with the sound quality. Very clear, balanced frequency response and deep bass. Soundstage is very good lifelike.  I listen to it for hours and it never gives me any tiredness.

Thanks,  Keetakawee Punpeng

On 8/13/2018 at 4:19 PM, satbaba said:

I only use Fidelizer 8.2 as a tweak.
System iFi micro dsd blac label + Sennheiser HD800 + Windows 10 Pro and Audirvana plus windows.

I convert music tracks to dsd 256 with audirvana.

To my ear; I was very pleased with the sound quality. Very clear, balanced frequency response and deep bass. Soundstage is very good lifelike.  I listen to it for hours and it never gives me any tiredness.

Thanks,  Keetakawee Punpeng

I'm glad to hear you like the improvements with Fidelizer.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:28 AM, Outlaw said:

As it normal for cpu usage to go up when using media player application in fidelizer ?

You can choose priority on media player application and default is High so that may increase CPU usage.

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Fidelizer Pro

I promised before to release upcoming version with multiple media player application feature making setup like Roon/HQPlayer becoming much easier to implement. Now it’s finally here.

It took me a long while to implement this feature due to designing user experience and fixing glitches in UI changes. I need to make a lot of changes to make things work as designed.

Also, I received more requests about fidelizer.key being changed after installing new JCAT NET Card Femto. I made some adjustments to fidelizer.key generation so it won’t change the key after adding new card.

Changelog for version 8.2

Free
-Added additional page for media player application supporting up to 3 apps
-Improved core optimizations reliability

Plus

Pro
-Restricting network speed and force direct memory access will only apply to Audio Player/Renderer audio profiles

Download: Fidelizer 8.2
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

It took a while to properly resolving the case of changes in hardware key generation and I needed to fix 8.2 release and send again so I can officially release it today after confirming. This is the first release with multiple media player applications support and I’ll polish this feature better in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello KP, I'm looking at buying a Nimitra + Nikola, but I'm wondering how the upgrading process works with new revisions of Fidelizer Pro and the Nimitra? Is there an automatic upgrade if the Nimitra has internet connectivity? Or I also saw you said the Nimitra Fidelizer Pro has some more aggressive enhancements, so is there no relation to the regular branch upgrades of Fidelizer Pro that you release? 

I'd appreciate your answers and insight into the topic. 

Thanks ?

Hi. Thank you for your interests in Fidelizer Nimitra and Nikola products. Since Nimitra comes with Teamviewer, I can update any software component remotely from anywhere in the world if your Nimitra has internet access.

To clarify about optimizations between Fidelizer Pro and Nimitra. Fidelizer Pro is a highest version available in public for any PC to work without any issue. So there's limit to how much I can do to make Fidelizer stable and reliable in all cases.

Nimitra is a dedicated computer audio server built from ground up. It came from best approach hardware design for low noise and most cost effective, Windows 10 Pro installation image has all non-audio components stripped out reducing 50% of resource usage in total, I applied many more hardware specific and low level optimizations that I wouldn't dare put on public version like Fidelizer Pro.

I could say Fidelizer Pro is like what I can do for every PC to sound better and Nimitra has much more advanced optimizations applied. As a result, applying automatic upgrade can cause unexpected problems so I always notify my client whenever there's a big update coming up so I can apply for them from Teamviewer or they can download update file to apply themselves.

I've also released firmware 3.0 update last week for Nimitra/NimitraS with improved core optimizations using concepts beyond current Fidelizer 8. It's hardware specific tuning for optimal results with Nimitra along with other updates to improve music listening experience below.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fidelizer-nimitra-firmware-3-0-update-and-purchase-offers-for-3200th-license/

I can assure you that you won't ever need to worry about customer support and services after delivery. You have a professional computer audio expert taking care of technical stuff for you and can help you enjoy the best possible sound quality at ease. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

• 2 months later...

Fidelizer Pro

We’ve reached 3,300th milestone now in this month. As a reminder to inform customers that they receive refund for returning customer purchase, I’m running purchase offer again in this week.  I also sent partial refund back for customer who placed an order on 5th November 2018.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95 (Until 11th November 2018)
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95 (Until 11th November 2018)

This offer will last until 11th November 2018. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. I also made adjustments to have fidelizer.key filled automatically when you use “Order Fidelizer” button in Fidelizer software. I hope this will make order process easier. :)

On 9/2/2018 at 8:34 PM, Windows X said:

Hi. Thank you for your interests in Fidelizer Nimitra and Nikola products. Since Nimitra comes with Teamviewer, I can update any software component remotely from anywhere in the world if your Nimitra has internet access.

I could say Fidelizer Pro is like what I can do for every PC to sound better and Nimitra has much more advanced optimizations applied. As a result, applying automatic upgrade can cause unexpected problems so I always notify my client whenever there's a big update coming up so I can apply for them from Teamviewer or they can download update file to apply themselves.

I've also released firmware 3.0 update last week for Nimitra/NimitraS with improved core optimizations using concepts beyond current Fidelizer 8. It's hardware specific tuning for optimal results with Nimitra along with other updates to improve music listening experience below.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fidelizer-nimitra-firmware-3-0-update-and-purchase-offers-for-3200th-license/

I can assure you that you won't ever need to worry about customer support and services after delivery. You have a professional computer audio expert taking care of technical stuff for you and can help you enjoy the best possible sound quality at ease. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Just as an update, Keetakawee scheduled a d updated my Nimitra to the most recent version in only several minutes, then came back again to fix a start-up issue I caused by not mentioning my desired configuration to him earlier. 

It's the best, most pleasant, and thorough service I've ever had in audio. I'm a big fan of his company's and highly recommend his hardware products as well. 

2 hours ago, Ben-M said:

Just as an update, Keetakawee scheduled a d updated my Nimitra to the most recent version in only several minutes, then came back again to fix a start-up issue I caused by not mentioning my desired configuration to him earlier. 

It's the best, most pleasant, and thorough service I've ever had in audio. I'm a big fan of his company's and highly recommend his hardware products as well. 

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the music with Nimitra server and happy listening. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

On 11/5/2018 at 8:32 AM, Windows X said:

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. I also made adjustments to have fidelizer.key filled automatically when you use “Order Fidelizer” button in Fidelizer software. I hope this will make order process easier. :)

No, I still find the upgrade process confusing.

I currently have 8.1 Pro.

When I hit the Upgrade button in the app, I get presented with a web page choice to Download or Upgrade (both pre-filled with key).

If I choose Download, this works, but I get a limited functionality version of 8.2. What's the purpose of this option for existing users?

I haven't yet tried the Upgrade option because this option states that I have to pay money.

I've already payed an upgrade fee to get from 7 to 8 not that long ago. I'm not prepared to pay again just to get from 8.1 to 8.2

I'm glad to hear Fidelizer 8.2 update works fine over there. This should be the last change related to hardware key and I'm very thankful for everyone's patience so far.

If there's anyone who's using Fidelizer 8 but don't receive 8.2 update yet, please contact me and I'll re-send it for you. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Installed 8.2 today optimised for Roon only on Windows 10. 

The soundstage felt restricted and collapsed on familiar test material, this is for 'Audiophile' setting. The treble strike was good for cymbals, but the decay fell in a heap into a splash. Kind of strange behaviour there. Didn't fill me with much enthusiasm,  decided wasn't for me, then the fun part came to uninstall. No listing in Programs and features, took forever for a system restore. Not happy about the undo procedure at all. For those to install, perform a system restore first.

On restore Roon looks ok and recently added albums are where they should be.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

9 hours ago, One and a half said:

... then the fun part came to uninstall. No listing in Programs and features, took forever for a system restore. Not happy about the undo procedure at all. For those to install, perform a system restore first.

I agree that the uninstall instructions are inadequate - or even non-existant. In general, the documentation is not a strong point - wheras X's personal support is substantial.

But I'm amazed that you went to the trouble and risk of a full system restore without first asking the question - either direct to X or on this forum.

I'm not an expert here, but there is no un-install process for Fidelizer itself because it's just a standalone .exe file, that you delete from wherever you saved it, or just not run it again.

Then there's what to do with the system changes made by the last run of Fizelizer. In general, those changes also last until the next system reboot. So if you had the basic version, then all those system changes are lost on next system re-boot, so nothing more to be done. The Pro version has an option to automatically re-run those changes on each system rebbot, so just uncheck that option before rebooting.

I'm happy to stand corrected by a better explanation.

1 hour ago, TheAttorney said:

I agree that the uninstall instructions are inadequate - or even non-existant. In general, the documentation is not a strong point - wheras X's personal support is substantial.

But I'm amazed that you went to the trouble and risk of a full system restore without first asking the question - either direct to X or on this forum.

I'm not an expert here, but there is no un-install process for Fidelizer itself because it's just a standalone .exe file, that you delete from wherever you saved it, or just not run it again.

Then there's what to do with the system changes made by the last run of Fizelizer. In general, those changes also last until the next system reboot. So if you had the basic version, then all those system changes are lost on next system re-boot, so nothing more to be done. The Pro version has an option to automatically re-run those changes on each system rebbot, so just uncheck that option before rebooting.

I'm happy to stand corrected by a better explanation.

Thanks for the answers, of which, none are included in the worthless 11 page User guide with the 8.2 download. If the software degrades what I was listening to, why should I spend time in learning how the software works to the nth detail, to correct for something that shouldn't be broken in the first place and to pay money to do so to make it sound better.  Wow. 

I would have thought, start at level 1.00 and work up from there, not start at 0.2, then after learning and tweaking, get up to 1.05, if that's achievable, doesn't make any sense. 

Look, I'm sure Fidelizer works, like Curious cables were meant to, but not on my system, just don't improve the SQ, despite the best of intentions.

7 hours ago, JSeymour said:

On the bottom of page 6 of the User's Manual:

You can restart to return back to normal if you have trouble. For Fidelizer Pro, please
run again, select Consumer level and Fidelize before restart.

Thanks for this, but to restart what, service, computer, batch file, settings.... Choice of words would be better, such as:

To reset Fidelizer's actions, please restart the computer. Fidelizer can be activated again by running the xxxx.exe after a PC reboot.

Something like that. People who write manuals, should have nothing to do with the creative process of the 'creation'.

20 hours ago, One and a half said:

Installed 8.2 today optimised for Roon only on Windows 10. 

The soundstage felt restricted and collapsed on familiar test material, this is for 'Audiophile' setting. The treble strike was good for cymbals, but the decay fell in a heap into a splash. Kind of strange behaviour there. Didn't fill me with much enthusiasm,  decided wasn't for me, then the fun part came to uninstall. No listing in Programs and features, took forever for a system restore. Not happy about the undo procedure at all. For those to install, perform a system restore first.

On restore Roon looks ok and recently added albums are where they should be.

You can run Fidelizer Pro again to uninstall. If you find related to sound signature in Audiophile setting, I recommend you to try default Consumer user level and Network Player audio profile first. Higher user levels make need some specific optimizations or it may reveal some strong characteristics of your equipment setup.

Fine-tuning system after using Fidelizer maybe needed for some systems like when you get new CD transport into your system. When I first got Esoteric P-03 CD transport, it sounded horrible and took me almost two years to get it done right. Could you tell me more about your system setup so I can suggest options in Fidelizer Pro to help you archiving optimal sonic performance.

But that's serious optimizations. For general usage with default Consumer/Network Player, it shouldn't reveal the characteristics of digital transport too much. Some people changed back to Consumer user level and be happy with Fidelizer Pro so please consider trying again and I'll be here to help you setting up your system for optimal performance. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

51 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Thanks for this, but to restart what, service, computer, batch file, settings.... Choice of words would be better, such as:

To reset Fidelizer's actions, please restart the computer. Fidelizer can be activated again by running the xxxx.exe after a PC reboot.

Something like that. People who write manuals, should have nothing to do with the creative process of the 'creation'.

Thank you for your feedback. I admit that my language skills and choice of words isn't good and sometimes I felt I used funny words back in older days too. I've revised User Guide in STEP 2 section as below.

STEP 2: Choosing user level

Fidelizer has 3 user levels. This will explain how each level affects your system.

Consumer: This is a default user level. Fidelizer will enhance sound quality without affecting system performance. Your system won’t slow down and everything will work fine as usual. I also use it on my work machine generating Fidelizer for customers.

Audiophile: This is a dedicated audio level. Fidelizer will sacrifice system performance for better sound quality. Your system will be slower and some applications may not work right. It doesn’t affect software running after optimizations but keep in mind it’s not suitable for work machine.

Purist: This is an extreme purist level. Fidelizer will stop/disable system services that aren’t related to audio playback. Services like Windows Update, Print Spooler or even network may stop completely depending on configuration. Don’t ever use this on work machine, you have been warned.

For first time user, please use Consumer user level with default audio profile option to see how Fidelizer works with standard optimizations first. Increasing user level will further increase level of optimizations but it may need proper adjustments on some systems with strong characteristics.

You can restart to return back to normal if you have trouble. For Fidelizer Pro, you can run main program again, click Uninstall, and restart.

You can click Uninstall button on Fidelizer Pro to uninstall without side effects at any time so please consider trying Consumer user level again. A few customers who find treble harshness found Consumer working best for them and some later fine-tuned their systems to make Audio/Purist sounding better too.

2 hours ago, Windows X said:

After reading report from on One and a half another day, I examined optimizations on Windows 10 with recent updates and found something interesting.

Normally I use Consumer user level on my working machine so I didn't notice particular change in higher user level after each Windows 10 update. I tried Audiophile on work machine on another day and found soundstaging and vocal become more recessed and unnatural. Like it wasn't like this when during Fidelizer 8 development on my work machine last year.

Since Fidelizer is based on dedicated server I optimize, most services related to process control and permission are removed. I will inspect the optimizations thoroughly when I'll make important updates related to sound quality or when serious issue is addressed. I also test Fidelizer 8 and new optimizations on platform like Nimitra but never notice anything out of ordinary like I witness today.

It seems Microsoft pushed more services related permission control and made system processes becoming more tangled with security and permission filter. Some process that didn't affect audio like RuntimeBroker that said to be for store only but started to affect audio playback after recent updates.

I'll re-examine Fidelizer optimizations on my work machine with everything again and will release version 8.3 with necessary changes to adjust optimizations to be more suitable with latest Windows 10 updates soon.

Your findings mirror what I heard the other day on installing and will try again with 8.3 when you release the software. An alternative is to use a low foot print OS like audio linux from a USB stick, but even typing the word sudo starts the anxiety process dealing with Linux that I don't really want/need right now. So Fidelizer is the better alternative and relatively easier to implement. OTOH, this would also mean that a new update from Windows in the future will also need to have a new revision? So maybe Linux has a bitter pill to swallow now, and the pain can ease over time, rather than updating updates so to speak. The price for a supported Audio Linux is the same as for Fidelizer Pro, so no advantage to either in that respect.

The Fidelizer solution would be fitted to the Supermicro computer as listed in the signature, as it's a standalone Roon Core device. The music files are on another machine.

Windows updates break something new every time.  That this one tampered with his program is no guarantee further ones will.  I'd value a historic pattern charting the frequency of this occurring over a single instance he is readily fixing.  Which should provide you a valuable question to ask.